Bioshock infinite is an absolute masterpiece !

xVolloxx

I'm probably in the minority, but now that I think about it, I honestly don't think it's that great of a game. The only thing I found good was the story and the characters. The gameplay was repetitive, and only the beginning was unique. Not to mention how dumbed down the final product was compared to the demo. In my opinion this game was a massive disappointment.

Edited by Herwest299

Amazing game, this was probably the first game that really fucked with my head, this doesn't happen very often for me with games or any other type of media for that matter, but damn that ending...i couldn't even sleep afterwards xD, and the gameplay was awesome for me as well, i know some people complain but i never had that problem of repetitiveness with the combat, actually one of the reasons i love the story so much is because i didn't have to grind and there was never a moment were i was like "come on this never ends i wanna get to the next story bit" because i was having a blast playing it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the same as the most, IT IS A GREAT GAME.

Actually I had motion sickness issues with FPS, but I really like the game so couldn't stop, and the ending made me feel like it was worth. Of course I was resting a lot between each hour of play and distract myself while playing for keeping myself of feeling nausea haha.

I really just played this one because it was a PSPLUS freebie, and I'm on my second playthrough on 1999 mode for getting the platinum. It got me hooked THAT MUCH.

Looks like everyone love the ending, in my case it was meh. 

Don't get me wrong, i love/enjoy everything else from the game (except the multi save stuff), but when the last section started i realised that the game will end in one of two ways... And yeah it ended the way it ended. I don't consider myself a deep person so i felt unachieved (yeah i got the trophies, but). I didn't have that problem with Bioshock 2 (I know is the less good of the three).

Aside that i see why people consider it a great game, and it's true.

Edited by backslash240

It was alright, but the gameplay was pretty avarage and I felt it was lacking compared to the first Bioshock, where you had the camera for examble to bring something extra to the combat. 

+The hacking puzzles which were simple, but still added something to the gameplay which was completely lacking in Infinite. Also I found plasmids in the first game more interesting.

I also felt that Columbia didnt really catch me in the athmosphere department. Rapture felt like the place could fill with water any moment and the creepy enemies and stuff. I really enjoyed Infinites Burial at Sea DLC because they brought it back. Dont know really why people diss it so much, guess its the high price tag :P

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the Burial at Sea dlc. A bit shorter than I was expecting. Surprised me with the abrupt ending, but continued the mind fuck nonetheless. Fun game and looking forward to Burial at Sea episode 2.

Overall, the game is outstanding. As for masterpiece, not sure. However after Levine leaving and irrational games going under: RIP Bioshock storyline (unless 2K can find an equally talented developer/writer).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wouldn't say Bioshok Infinite is a masterpiece, its an enjoyable game but a master "absolute masterpiece" it is not. I'm one of the few people that has thought Bioshock 1 was extremely overrated but I actually liked Infinite a lot more than Bioshock 1. I felt more and cared more for Elizabeth than Booker, I coudln't get into that character the whole time I was playing the game 

• 2 years later...

It's a game I super enjoyed when I played it originally on ps3, but then kinda of never looked back at it, it was great while playing but after I finished the hype for the game faded very quickly.

I still havent gotten around to doing Infinite in the Ps4 collection yet

• 3 months later...

when i came back for the clean up for DLC trophies last time i did remember how great the game is..
no i'm back for another DLC clean up and still think it's a really good game..

i'm going for the bioshock 2 DLC clean up after this and think it's not as good but the main game was one of my first games with multiplayer..it's going to be a hard one for the MP trophies

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 March 2013 at 4:52 AM, TheVolloxx- said:

Just finished Bioshock infinite & OMFG ! What a fucking game it is one of the best games ive ever played ! The story is what video games are meant to do it is a masterpiece it's fucking perfect ! 100,000,000,000,000,000,000% Brilliant ! wow ! 

The emotions i felt during the ending was outstanding ! I really can't explain it ! 

I'm pretty much speechless ..... 

If anyone has finished this please share your thoughts .

Thanks . 

I didn't really enjoy infinite it's a great game but the set up of being up in the sky rather then down in the depths of the sea was what made bioshock 1 better for me I still love infinite but compared to bioshock 1 or even 2 (maybe) there's no contest but we all have are own opinions, also the dlc for infinite is excellent aswell the burial at sea packs anyway, never tried cash in the clouds.

On 2 April 2017 at 9:12 AM, holland046 said:

when i came back for the clean up for DLC trophies last time i did remember how great the game is..
no i'm back for another DLC clean up and still think it's a really good game..

i'm going for the bioshock 2 DLC clean up after this and think it's not as good but the main game was one of my first games with multiplayer..it's going to be a hard one for the MP trophies

There ain't no mp trophies in bs2 on the ps4?