Top 3 grinds for a platinum/trophy

Deluziion90

1 hour ago, Brightblade76 said:

Since I did both WKC and WKC 2 solo, I planned ahead so that I could take advantage of the farming done in WKC also for WKC2 bindings. The most useful Georama sets are GR13 +80 (DEX, INT) sets, they will be useful once you reach level 70, in order to grind the golems in OGIT 3/Arena 2

Ok, will keep that in mind! I will probably have a pain of a time to get the materials, if I don't have them yet (and I doubt that I have..)

Thanks!!

Mugen Souls

Trophy: Overwhelming Peon Ball, Go! (0.80%)

Made a Peon Ball over 10,000,000,000 km in size.

Trophy: The Goddess has descended? (0.90)

Increased Chou-Chou's charm level to 100%

If I remember right, it took me almost 700 hours for the plat. Truly the worst grind of all the games I played so far. 

• Like 3

a while ago i have made a thread about the hardest rpg plats ever, in which people could also post and vote for their hardest one > LINK

when it comes to grind, clearly 5 games come on top:

* star ocean the last hope

* white knight chronicles

* white knight chronicles 2

* mugen souls

* elder scrolls online

(maybe MH world but it's too short on the list to get a valid opinion. i know it's mostly about the crown trophies but besides the fact i know they are hard, i don't know yet how hard they are compared to those games)

but since this thread is about choosing 3, i will go with these:

1 elder scrolls online

2 star ocean the last hope

3 mugen souls

this is why:

one thing you need to know is that i have done my research about all those games, but the only one i have already played myself is SO4. i will defenitely play the other ones as well, but just haven't had the time yet.

the first two are a very easy choice since they tower far above those other games in votes. i have to say i voted for star ocean as hardest rpg because i was the first voter (cuz it's my own thread) but after all information and research i think ESO is the hardest RPG there is.

the 2 hardest trophies in the game are the emperor trophy and the fishing trophy. for the ones not knowing ESO, the emperor trophy basicly means you need to be the PVP world champion! and since this ranking is also based on collecting points, i assume it contains lots of grind as well. and the fishing trophy is only grind, but for some reason it has even lower completion then the trophy which require you to become the world champion. after all this information i don't think there is any harder RPG.

i posted star ocean 4 on the second place for the obvious reasons mentioned earlier. to give you an idea, star ocean games have something called battle trophies (or BT's), those BT's are just like all kinds of small trophies, but the thing is, there are 900 BT's in game! and there is a trophy which require you to get all of them. and while most of those BT's are quite easy to get, there are also several ones which are very hard.

there is a BT which require you to kill the ethereal queen (the hardest superboss in game) within 10 minutes and deal the deathblow with lymle (one of the characters). of course this on itself is already hard, but you should also know the dungeon she is in will take about 6 hours to even reach the EQ, and there is no option to save, so everything will have to be done in one time, and leaving or losing means doing it all over again. even if you managed to win (which could be already a hard thing) but you didn't got to the BT requirements you be forced to put off the game without saving, because if you try again she will literally be double as strong and you literally can't clear it within 10 minutes anymore. another thing is that killing her with lymle is also difficult because her only strong moves contain fire element and she's immune to all elements, so you should do all damage with your best characters and leave the last part to her. but the thing is, she don't have a health bar. so you need to switch on gut feeling, so doing it too late means you kill her with the wrong character and doing it too early means you won't get to the 10 min req.

as for the grind part. there are also 2 BT's in game which require you to kill 30k enemies with a certain character, to get the idea, when you know where to look, you can get about 4 enemies average at the same time. but all battles in star ocean have a starting and ending lag which also takes time. you can use ambushes to speed up the process which will stick a few battles after each other with a much quicker lag in between the battles. but still, those BT's will take about 100 hours each, and there are several other grind BT's which are much quicker but still take lots of hours to get.

besides of all that, there are also lots of missable things and you require to play the game at least 3 playthroughs. but those 3 playthroughs are by far the easiest thing of everything i mentioned.

the third one however, is a more difficult one. in my forum WKC got 2 votes, WKC2 got 6, and mugen souls got 5. so it seems logical to me WKC2 is harder then 1. but since mugen souls is clearly less known then WKC it's only logical if it get less votes. besides of that, mugen and WKC2 is almost a tie. so i watched the plat completion on psnprofiles, and saw WKC 2 is over 3%, and mugen souls is below 1%. so i think mugen souls is slightly harder, so i put it on the third place.

i hope u all like the list :)

yiazmat50112254.

13 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

This a games to avoid list? 

I see it as a challenge accepted list.

me:

White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2 (I'm putting them together)

WKC: 664 hrs

WKC 2: 400-500ish hrs

Phibianacci's Diamond

make 450 items

Warhawk

Time: 600 hrs give or take

Achieve rank of general

rank up with a lot of points to grind

Final Fantasy XIV

1000+ hrs

1000 levequest

complete 1000 levequest which you can't spam back to back as much as you like. I mean you can but only up to 100 max at a time until the timer gives you more levequest to do.

• Like 1

Wow, those games are nuts. I don't think I could spend that long grinding anything except...my teeth. I guess my three would be:

1. No Man's Sky. Warp cells. Lots of them. Loading screens. Lots of them. Hours of my life wasted. Lots of them. (I guess that's more for the DLC, but still...)
  2. Resident Evil Revelations. Grinding for XP, items, and bonuses in Raid Mode is extremely tedious and time-consuming.
  3. Disgaea 5. I can't remember what I had to do, but I'm pretty sure it took me a long time and annoyed the hell out of me. Just like I can still hear that base song in my head to this day.

? IN THE CORNER OF MY HEART, IT'S ONLY GETTING DARKER ?

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

1. Disgaea 5. I can't remember what I had to do, but I'm pretty sure it took me a long time and annoyed the hell out of me. Just like I can still hear that base song in my head to this day.

I've been playing this as an excuse to watch TV but god damn is it getting on my nerves. What is it with JRPGs and absurd amounts of grinding? Grinding my characters in the item world is just so mind numbingly boring. 

As for me, probably:

Disgaea 5 - Only half the trophies done and I'm at 100 hours. God save me. Only reason I can really get through this is that I only play it while watching something.

Driveclub - Not absurdly grindy, but the cleanup plats take an absurd amount of time. It didn't take that long, but playing the same drift track 300-500 (I forget) times was possibly one of the most godawful gaming memories I've had. The absolute boredom.

Birthdays: The Beginnings - Kind of asking for it here. But either way. Nothing in this game is too hard until you get to the point where you need to leave your PS4 on overnight for 2-3 months. Only 60% of the way through, personally, so RIP me.

Edited by regularegg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I almost only play RPGs so almost anything is a grind

Like now I'm playing Megadimension, and have completed the story at lv 60, and there is a trophy for lv 99. It was the most annoying achievement in the previous game too, but that one had more Ex Dungeons.

Getting character titles in all Tales games.

Getting battle tophies in Star Ocean.

Maxing out the stats in FFX. (It is possible to do it faster, but I'm maxing out all stats instead of just putting everything into one, and maxing Luck is a real grind)