SEGA Genesis Collection coming to PS4 on May 29th, 2018

6 hours ago, NastyNeezer said:

When are they gonna throw Knuckles Chaotix on ? Seems like they’ll never re release that game..

Maybe cause that's a Sega 32X title and not a actual Genesis game to be include in this Sega Genesis Collection . Maybe if SEGA release a 32X Collection with all 40 games of the system included then Knuckles Chaotix will finally be release outside the 32X system for the first time .

I'll be sticking with my PS3 version as I think its ridiculous that S&K3 is not in this collection, not adding Ecco the Dolphin further adds to this. 

I think they should be adding rare games like Knuckles Chaotix and Segasonic the Hedgehog to some of their collections as I and I'm sure most other people too have not played them.

Of course this will go by a different name outside of the US, as it was called the SEGA Mega Drive everywhere else, so I wonder what that title will be, they'll probably be lazy and call it SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection again.

Edited by Lady Blanc
Putting in missed words

On 3/14/2018 at 6:41 PM, Sigma999 said:

Maybe cause that's a Sega 32X title and not a actual Genesis game to be include in this Sega Genesis Collection . Maybe if SEGA release a 32X Collection with all 40 games of the system included then Knuckles Chaotix will finally be release outside the 32X system for the first time .

That makes sense. I was just saying in general (not on this collection) they should put Chaotix back out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping this time the trophies make you put a bit more effort, like actually beating the entire game from start to finish.

I have played the Sonic games and the Streets of Rage series long enough to know exactly what to do to beat them. The Phantasy Star games on the other hand may be a bit of a challenge.

Speaking of Sonic how in the world do they not have Sonic the Hedgehog 3? Sonic 3 & Knuckles was one of the most epic experiences of the 16 - bit era, all the way leading up to the final boss of the game if you collected all the chaos emeralds. Huge missed opportunity.

Ecco the Dolphin and Outrun not being on this list was another missed opportunity. Both games were quite unique at their time of release.

The Konami games and Walt Disney games that were released on the Genesis are out probably because there is copyright issues, or expired licenses. Disney is extremely sensitive and strict when it comes to copyright, their lawyers waste no time going after someone who is suspected of copyright infringement.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker is probably out for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Speaking of Sonic how in the world do they not have Sonic the Hedgehog 3? Sonic 3 & Knuckles was one of the most epic experiences of the 16 - bit era, all the way leading up to the final boss of the game if you collected all the chaos emeralds. Huge missed opportunity.

There's always been unexplained legal issues surrounding Sonic 3.

I think the last time it was ever released was on Steam in 2011. Since then 1 and 2 have each gotten a 3D release on 3DS, a recreation on mobile, an upgraded port on Switch, and emulations from this collection and the multiple Mega Drive mini consoles.

I'm guessing either Sega finally gave up on it, or they're actually just not allowed to release it anymore.

What's weird is that they never stopped releasing Sonic & Knuckles, but that's not part of this collection either.

On 5/3/2018 at 7:45 PM, pyrotempestwing said:

Will Sonic 3 & Knuckles ever be available on Playstation? The separate halves are on the PS3 Genesis Collection, but can’t lock on. So the last time was... Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2?

Someone did mention there is a weird licensing issue with Sonic the Hedgehog 3, which is completely ridiculous at this point.

I mean cmon, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is hands down one of the best experiences on the Sega Genesis. Especially towards the end, and you unlock an additional boss if you collected all the emeralds.

Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles had music composed by Michael Jackson so there would have to be a lot of wrangling with the Jackson Estate, which is a mess right now still, over licensing so don't expect to see that game any time soon

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, majob said:

Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles had music composed by Michael Jackson so there would have to be a lot of wrangling with the Jackson Estate, which is a mess right now still, over licensing so don't expect to see that game any time soon

Replace the music in Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles with music from Derpy Knuckles. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, cjl73185 said:

I would love to pick this up. I had the genesis collection on ps3 but couldn't get the platinum for the life of me because of mean bean machine 1f620.png

That was definitely a bitch. Those beans move way too fast.

5 minutes ago, cjl73185 said:

I would love to pick this up. I had the genesis collection on ps3 but couldn't get the platinum for the life of me because of mean bean machine 1f620.png

yeah that trophy was a real pain and i platted it twice xD, you either had to get good or just get really lucky and hoped Robotnik/Eggman would screw up

32 minutes ago, Conker said:

yeah that trophy was a real pain and i platted it twice xD, you either had to get good or just get really lucky and hoped Robotnik/Eggman would screw up

Maybe I'll practice on the genesis for the next couple weeks. Sega genesis is my largest collection at 480ish maybe I'll get the plat this time around.