Trophy Milestones

Sly Ripper

Personally, I'd love to see some Gold milestones as well as Platinum. Gold trophies are a bit more fun and random than Platinums which are just completion.

I'm on 99 ;) Perhaps, first, then every 25 until 100, and then shift to every 50.

Think it would be good to newer members or those with smaller milestone cabinets - to see things being ticked off as expand the list a bit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2011-09-06 at 6:53 PM, dontwaketheKIDS said:

This site continues to get better and better. Proud to have donated.

It is time he lets members help, since he doesn't have the time or passion anymore. HusKy would be a great asset to have 

Edited by MikeCheck--

On 2021-06-14 at 1:46 AM, Dan-lives-here said:

I've already beaten most of the hardest games but I'm going for crypt of the necrodancer and I hope to make that my next milestone.

How’d you manage super meat boy in 2 days? Had you done it on an alt account before?? Impressive 

On 18/01/2016 at 0:10 AM, parkerdip said:

We have a milestone for fastest platinum. I would like to see one for the longest as well since that can be an achievement showing dedication to a game you stuck with for a long time to complete. 

ooh this would be neat

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old thread, and updates to the milestones don't seem to have happened for years, but I finally got around to buying Premium and I figured that entitled me to throw one last +1 on the pile for a "slowest platinum" milestone. Just in case.

At this point, "fastest platinum" is effectively a dead milestone. For a while I had mine as one of those jumping food games, which was an embarassing experiment but I wanted to see how lame those "games" were. Thankfully it was overwritten with a Jedi: Fallen Order autopop when I loaded up the PS5 version. But cross-gen autopops are so common now, and whether people like them or not they do exist. Fastest platinum being just autopops or shovelware, or best case scenario a cool 1-3 hour indie game, means it has no value.

But "slowest platinum"... that's a cool thing to know about anyone. Mine is Just Cause 2, which is a game that took me 9 years and 9 months of tinkering with to finish. It's a big game. I played on the same save file across two PS3s and two continents. Finishing it was an epic journey of persistence and memory. I've got a couple of games that could beat that time, but only as 100% games, no plat is yet (yet) in that realm. 

I say it's time to burn the fastest plat milestone, and raise a slowest plat one in its place. People were asking for this a decade ago when trophies were only several years old. Now there are gamers getting the plat for games they started before that first milestone request was ever lodged. And honestly, I don't check other people's profile very much, because I'm just here to track mine, but I would be endlessly curious as to the name of the game that they just never gave up on, no matter how long it took.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2023 at 9:54 PM, Hong_Kong_Hermit said:

I know this is a very old thread, and updates to the milestones don't seem to have happened for years, but I finally got around to buying Premium and I figured that entitled me to throw one last +1 on the pile for a "slowest platinum" milestone. Just in case.

At this point, "fastest platinum" is effectively a dead milestone. For a while I had mine as one of those jumping food games, which was an embarassing experiment but I wanted to see how lame those "games" were. Thankfully it was overwritten with a Jedi: Fallen Order autopop when I loaded up the PS5 version. But cross-gen autopops are so common now, and whether people like them or not they do exist. Fastest platinum being just autopops or shovelware, or best case scenario a cool 1-3 hour indie game, means it has no value.

But "slowest platinum"... that's a cool thing to know about anyone. Mine is Just Cause 2, which is a game that took me 9 years and 9 months of tinkering with to finish. It's a big game. I played on the same save file across two PS3s and two continents. Finishing it was an epic journey of persistence and memory. I've got a couple of games that could beat that time, but only as 100% games, no plat is yet (yet) in that realm. 

I say it's time to burn the fastest plat milestone, and raise a slowest plat one in its place. People were asking for this a decade ago when trophies were only several years old. Now there are gamers getting the plat for games they started before that first milestone request was ever lodged. And honestly, I don't check other people's profile very much, because I'm just here to track mine, but I would be endlessly curious as to the name of the game that they just never gave up on, no matter how long it took.

Change “slowest” to “longest” time to platinum and you’ve got my vote

• Like 1

Well,I have quite a few easy games with gaps of several years just because I had little motivation to finish them or I changed systems (usually PS3 to PS4)and came back recently, so I'll rule those leaderboards!

Point is, that's kinda a pointless board.

1 hour ago, shadaik said:

Well,I have quite a few easy games with gaps of several years just because I had little motivation to finish them or I changed systems (usually PS3 to PS4)and came back recently, so I'll rule those leaderboards!

I don't think this was being discussed as its own board but just as one of the trophy milestones on everyone's profile. It would be similar to fastest trophy, 100th platinum, 1337 trophy, etc 

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I don't think this was being discussed as its own board but just as one of the trophy milestones on everyone's profile. It would be similar to fastest trophy, 100th platinum, 1337 trophy, etc 

Right, thought about the wrong topic. Alright, could be kinda funny seeing my ten years for Motorstorm RC in there.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:39 AM, shadaik said:

When will the new update come ? Allowing users to Add more Trophies in Trophy cabinet ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see everyones trophy cabinets and  / or milestones relocated directly under your trophy card front and center on your profile because those are the site’s “achievements”, it would be more impactful to display that front and center and not hide it off to the side where most people nowadays seem to blatantly forget to look

and have everyones games list be a default display of numerical / alphabetical order..like the PS3’s trophy collection section, remember that?..yeah, that was beautiful

It would be great if we could choose the trophy milestones ourselves, instead of leaving the standard showcase, which trophies are random and unsatisfying. even choosing from several options: "first ps3/4/5 trophy, first platinum, last platinum for each playstation, longest platinum, most suffered trophy" etc.

• Like 3