Trophy Milestones

Sly Ripper

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6 September 2011 at 8:18 PM, Sly Ripper said:

I've added a new box on profiles that list your trophy milestones: https://psnprofiles.com/Sly-Ripper (Under rarest trophies).

I'll be removing the 3 plat boxes as they are shown in milestones, also thinking of a way to make it easier to see what a milestone relates to (plats/# of trophies).

If you guys can think of more milestones to add post them here. If your milestones don't show, put your PSNID into the box on the homepage and press 'GO'.

Sly why do you have under the trophy milestones 1000 trophies 2000 and so on but you have have a weird 1337 something like that if you look at mine I have a resident evil millstone with it?

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

1337 is a gaming term, it means "LEET", which means "elite". It is essentially a term used a lot in online PC gaming and it's basically a fun milestone that's mixed in :P 

I still don't get bro. How is it classed as a milestone when clearly it isn't or is it there to eliminate the hackers cheats ect from the true hardworking gamer, And I know this might sound silly but I truly don't understand online abbreviation slang if LEET Is one. But thanks for the reply and if you could explain to somebody with a brain that's the sign of a peanut I'd be much thankfull thanks blindmango ?? I'll slap on a thumbs up for you for taking time to educate a none social media old fogey haha. Cheers lad.

6 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

I still don't get bro. How is it classed as a milestone when clearly it isn't or is it there to eliminate the hackers cheats ect from the true hardworking gamer, And I know this might sound silly but I truly don't understand online abbreviation slang if LEET Is one. But thanks for the reply and if you could explain to somebody with a brain that's the sign of a peanut I'd be much thankfull thanks blindmango 1f44d.png1f44d.png I'll slap on a thumbs up for you for taking time to educate a none social media old fogey haha. Cheers lad.

Haha no problem, yeah it was a more prevalent term in gaming in the 2000's (Especially in games where you typed with a keyboard such as World of Warcraft, RuneScape, etc) while now it's not said quite as much, but it's mostly a fun callback to a popular gaming term. Some people overthink it but it's basically just a fun milestone because it's unexpected and sometimes a cool trophy can be earned as a 1337th trophy without even trying. It doesn't have much to do with finding hackers though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Haha no problem, yeah it was a more prevalent term in gaming in the 2000's (Especially in games where you typed with a keyboard such as World of Warcraft, RuneScape, etc) while now it's not said quite as much, but it's mostly a fun callback to a popular gaming term. Some people overthink it but it's basically just a fun milestone because it's unexpected and sometimes a cool trophy can be earned as a 1337th trophy without even trying. It doesn't have much to do with finding hackers though.

Thank you very much mango you have been a fantasic help my friend, feel free to add me if you need a hand co op wise with certain games I'm always helping out others. Thanks again bud ????? top man.

Just now, afc-razor-84 said:

Thank you very much mango you have been a fantasic help my friend, feel free to add me if you need a hand co op wise with certain games I'm always helping out others. Thanks again bud ????? top man.

Also my 1337 trophy was a bad one from a terrible game resi 5 ??? still I have a great milestone collection even tho I've only been on ps since I switched from Xbum 360 4 years ago. And yes I said xbum haha. Happy hunting buddy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

I still don't get bro. How is it classed as a milestone when clearly it isn't or is it there to eliminate the hackers cheats ect from the true hardworking gamer, And I know this might sound silly but I truly don't understand online abbreviation slang if LEET Is one. But thanks for the reply and if you could explain to somebody with a brain that's the sign of a peanut I'd be much thankfull thanks blindmango 1f44d.png1f44d.png I'll slap on a thumbs up for you for taking time to educate a none social media old fogey haha. Cheers lad.

Basically, it originated from kids (or Prince, depending on how far back you want to go) who thought they were cool by replacing letters with numbers. The 1 is supposed to be an L (even though it looks more like a 7), the 3's are supposed to be E's (even though they're backwards), and...well, the T is forced. Maybe if you squint hard enough.

This ultimately led to stuff like: l00k h0w c00l 1 4m, 1'm 73n y34r5 0ld, and 1 n3v3r p4553d 7h1rd 6r4d3 3n6l15h.

If it looks dumb, that's because it is.

But, hey, gotta keep the early 2000's alive. Because reasons.

#BringBackPrinceInstead

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Basically, it originated from kids (or Prince, depending on how far back you want to go) who thought they were cool by replacing letters with numbers. The 1 is supposed to be an L (even though it looks more like a 7), the 3's are supposed to be E's (even though they're backwards), and...well, the T is forced. Maybe if you squint hard enough.

This ultimately led to stuff like: l00k h0w c00l 1 4m, 1'm 73n y34r5 0ld, and 1 n3v3r p4553d 7h1rd 6r4d3 3n6l15h.

If it looks dumb, that's because it is.

But, hey, gotta keep the early 2000's alive. Because reasons.

#BringBackPrinceInstead

I'd rather have the 80s than the 2000s.

But to stay on topic, I am hoping to make my 50th plat my 5000th trophy...that'd be cool...a dobule milestone

• Like 1

On 2 July 2018 at 0:26 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Talking about all that 1337-stuff makes me wonder. Why is there a milestone for the 1337th trophy, but not for the 1337th plat? :D

That's what I'm saying why is there a milestone for 1337 lol it makes no sense.

My 1337 trophy is life saver resident evil 5. Typical considering seeing as it didn't save my pretend milestone.