MLB The Show 18 Trophies

AZDMB

Exophase has posted the trophies for MLB The Show 18.  This year's list looks extremely easy without anything requiring really any grinding or luck like in previous editions.  I love the platinum trophy image. Anybody on the forums picking this up this year?

https://www.exophase.com/game/mlb-the-show-18-psn/trophies/

Edited by AZDMB

Looks like a good list.  Hitting for the cycle might require some cheese (Polo Grounds and messing with some sliders would be my guess as to how to go about it).  Basically, everything else looks like it won't require any nonsense and can be unlocked naturally.

I'm considering pre-ordering.

I've never played one of these as I have always been spoiled by MVP '05 back in the day and the awful trophy lists from the previous games/closed servers. This one looks fairly easy minus the RTTS trophies as I have no idea how they work.

2 hours ago, rotoninja said:

I've never played one of these as I have always been spoiled by MVP '05 back in the day and the awful trophy lists from the previous games/closed servers. This one looks fairly easy minus the RTTS trophies as I have no idea how they work.

I played MVP 05 quite a bit as well. The Show really picked up where MVP and High Heat left off though so I recommend giving the series a go. Anyway, the RTTS trophies look pretty simple in this game. Making it to the big leagues as both a pitcher and position player will take a bit of time though.

Edited by Killbomb

34 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

List looks easy. A couple luck based ones (get walked intentionally, judge Homer, break your bat) but nothing crazy. 

I'll get this maybe at the end of the baseball season. I'm only guna play it to plat it, and that won't take very long so not spending $60 on it.  

I think I'm going to wait for it to hit $20 this year. Got last year's at launch and played it a good bit but with Ni No Kuni 2 and Far Cry 5, I'll be pretty busy the week this comes out.

6 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I played MVP 05 quite a bit as well. The Show really picked up where MVP and High Heat left off though so I recommend giving the series a go. Anyway, the RTTS trophies look pretty simple in this game. Making it to the big leagues as both a pitcher and position player will take a bit of time though.

If you're in the NL as a pitcher you might be able to get the first HR trophy there too, so you might not need to do two players.

Unrelated to the above, I like the Jury Duty trophy. I am a Yankee fan so yeah

Trophies look mad easy. MLB The Show 17 was extremely simple, seems like the 2 from MLB The Show 16(Legendary difficulty on that stupid 10 hits in a row mode + needing to win like 20 out of 22 games online) have made them back away from doing any impossible trophies. 

On 3/15/2018 at 3:33 AM, dmland12 said:

Looks like a good list.  Hitting for the cycle might require some cheese (Polo Grounds and messing with some sliders would be my guess as to how to go about it).  Basically, everything else looks like it won't require any nonsense and can be unlocked naturally.

I'm considering pre-ordering.

My first take on this list is that El Ciclo looks to be the most challenging but I suspect it won't be too bad playing on Rookie and messing with the sliders.  I'll probably see if I can get this one playing the way I normally play and try more often to get a triple.  Other than that I think most of them will unlock during the normal course of game play.

On 3/15/2018 at 4:11 AM, rotoninja said:

The RTTS ones will all be easy to get.  I originally bought The Show because I am from Central Indiana and I discovered I could play as my Indianapolis Indians as much as I wanted.  I tried out RTTS to get some trophies and discovered it was a fun mode that I could play when I didn't have a lot of time since you can set it to play only the plays your player is involved in.  Give it a go and you may find it is a great game mode.  I've never played as a RTTS Pitcher so this years installment will get me to try it as a pitcher.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bellz666 said:

These all look relatively attainable, I'm glad there's no crazy DD items we need to grind.

Agreed.  In fact I didn't see a single trophy on the list that would require anyone to play online.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:15 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

the jury duty trophy is awful. **** aaron judge, the yankees can burn in hell.

I'm no fan of the Yanks but as a baseball fan I can appreciate his impact on the game as a rookie.  He smacked my Indy Indians around often enough playing for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in 16.  Gives me an excuse to "let" him get one homerun then go on the embarrass them with my DD team.  (Really I'm not quite that good but since I have been able to design logos for the long forgotten Anderson Lawmen I do like playing as them in DD.  I do play online some so look for me as I am proud of my logos and uniform designs even if you mop the field with my play.)

On 3/15/2018 at 0:20 PM, yowzagabowza said:

List looks easy. A couple luck based ones (get walked intentionally, judge Homer, break your bat) but nothing crazy. 

I'll get this maybe at the end of the baseball season. I'm only guna play it to plat it, and that won't take very long so not spending $60 on it.  

I'm not sure that luck will play a ton into any of the trophies.  Being a casual player I have had pretty much everything on list list occur naturally as I play the game.  You play enough and you will have a top player come to bat with runners in scoring position where the CPU intentionally walks you. Maybe it shows how much I still have to go to be a good player but I break bats regularly on Fastballs In and get sawed off. 

I've not been much of a Franchise Mode player so this list will get me to try it out a bit more.  I just wish I could play as a Minor League team in Franchise mode so I can play as my beloved Indy Indians.

I am looking forward to 18 and this year will be the first time I have pre-ordered the game so I can start enjoying it immediately.  I hope to see some of you online this year.

The Cat Herder

• Like 1

Last year was my first MLB the Show Plat and I was pumped for it. Got a lot of the ones I needed naturally playing DD and vs cpu (with my DD team). Had to grind the showtime HR one though...was probably the toughest for me for some reason.

Anyway...this year's looks even easier and can be obtained mostly just from playing the game. I'm not big on Franchise mode so its nice to see that I can presumably get those with minimum effort. Slight time sink into RTTS which is fine since I enjoy that mode as a change of pace from DD.

Looking forward to early release!