MLB The Show 18 Trophies

AZDMB

4 hours ago, aidan2110 said:

I gave up a home run to Judge and didn't get the trophy...

AT first i gave up a home run to judge no trophy. I gave up a inside the park home run to judge and got the trophy. The trophy does say accidentally gave up a home run to judge.

10 minutes ago, jpfield said:

AT first i gave up a home run to judge no trophy. I gave up a inside the park home run to judge and got the trophy. The trophy does say accidentally gave up a home run to judge.

I also got the trophy by giving up an inside the park home run to Aaron Judge. 

I haven't been able to get the sacrifice bunt trophy yet. I have broadcast presentation on and they mention that my player got a sacrifice bunt in their last at bat. 

Some of these RTTS trophies seem to be buggy, at least for me.  I started a new RTTS as a starting pitcher, but didn't have much of an opportunity for "Hello, Is This Thing On?" as most of the time there wasn't any Player of the Game presented after the game.  I only saw one of these at the end of the game while pitching at AA (and two at AAA), and I was doing a short stint as a reliever at the time and didn't get it.  Anyway, I played on and just a few minutes ago I got called up to the majors.  I got the cutscene in the manager's office and everything, but "I'm Not Gonna Cry" didn't pop.  I even started pitching my first game in the majors, in case that might cause it to pop, but nope.

I think I'm gonna stop for a while on that player and start again as a position player and see if I have any better luck.  I see others have these trophies, so it's obviously been working for someone.

1 hour ago, jpfield said:

It gave it to me on the second home run I gave up to him for some reason, which was out of the park. 

7 minutes ago, Clawson said:

I got Player of the Game in AA as the pitcher and didn't get the trophy either. Wondering if they are bugged for pitchers.

I just got "Hello, Is This Thing On?" on my new game as a 3B.  The trophy description is misleading at best.  It doesn't have anything to do with the Player of the Game designation at the end of the game (which only rarely happens in RTTS).  It pops during a cutscene after you have a good performance.  There was no Player of the Game picked for the game.

I don't remember seeing this scene as a starter, despite having several good performances at AA, including losing a perfect game with 2 outs in the ninth.  So, I'm guessing this trophy isn't possible as a starting pitcher, but will come naturally for a position player.  I'm wondering if it's the same deal with "I'm Not Gonna Cry".

OK, so here's an update on "Hello, Is This Thing On?"

I've had two people chat with me on psn about this that are having trouble getting this and either saw this thread or saw that I had recently gotten this trophy.  One had trouble getting it as a 1B and the other had trouble getting it as a SP and a 2B, so I'm thinking this is buggy in general.  Both of these people got Player of the Game in AA, but didn't get this trophy to pop.

It's misleading (as well as being buggy) since it actually has nothing to do with getting Player of the Game.  You get it during one of those scenes in RTTS where you get to choose how to react.  It looks like this:

hjEQiPc.jpg

It doesn't pop during the Player of the Game interview on the field.  It really seems from the trophy description that it should, but it doesn't.

I got it as a 3B and I went 2-4 with a HR and 2 RBI.  There wasn't even any Player of the Game shown after the game.  But there was this scene, which is what pops the trophy.  I went through AA as a starting pitcher and never got it and I've heard from people having trouble getting it as 1B and 2B as well.  So this is probably buggy in some way.  If you're having trouble getting this and have already promoted to AAA, my best advice is to just try going through AA again as another player and just hope it works.  That's all I did.

Edited by dmland12
just cleaning up some of my rambling sentences...

On 3/23/2018 at 5:27 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Anyone know how to unlock the "Oh Hi Mark" trophy?

Nevermind, it randomly popped for me. I have no idea what triggered it either.... Well then.

Mine popped as soon as I started a game and Mark introduced the lineups.  Im guessing its the first time he speaks.

11 hours ago, dmland12 said:

OK, so here's an update on "Hello, Is This Thing On?"

I've had two people chat with me on psn about this that are having trouble getting this and either saw this thread or saw that I had recently gotten this trophy.  One had trouble getting it as a 1B and the other had trouble getting it as a SP and a 2B, so I'm thinking this is buggy in general.  Both of these people got Player of the Game in AA, but didn't get this trophy to pop.

It's misleading (as well as being buggy) since it actually has nothing to do with getting Player of the Game.  You get it during one of those scenes in RTTS where you get to choose how to react.  It looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

hjEQiPc.jpg

Thanks for providing the picture. Definitely hope it's something that gets sorted.

So my experience with the RTTS trophies is a bit odd. I had a very hard time getting “Hello, is this thing on?” to pop. But I think it was partly caused by me importing a save from The Show 17 because I wanted to be on my favorite team. So what I did is made a character on The Show 17 and did nothing but scout day and the 2 showcase games, went back to school for a year and picked my team. Then jumped onto The Show 18 and continued my career. So I think that my have bugged the game or maybe the trophies just don’t unlock if you import a save. I also missed out on, “I’m not gonna cry” bc I just randomly got sent the the majors directly after my first AA season. Also I didn’t get “Can I have that back?” when I hit my first homer in in the MLB. Statistically it was my first MlB HR but once again didn’t get the post game interview. So I just suggest creating a new player from scratch and just go with the first team that drafts you and deal with it like I had to.

As for getting “Hello, is this thing on?” To unlock I think it’s pretty simple if you’re on a low difficulty like rookie. You don’t necessarily need to be player of the game, you just need to hit well in the series and your team obviously has to win the series.  Once the series is over you’ll be forced to go back to the clubhouse where the interview will take place. I got it pretty early in the season, maybe 10 games in I think and I really didn’t hit amazing.

Also if anyone has any tips on unlocking “I’m not gonna cry” I would appreciate it. It’ll probably pop now that I started form scratch but hey you never know with this game. 

12 minutes ago, mprocks27 said:

Also if anyone has any tips on unlocking “I’m not gonna cry” I would appreciate it. It’ll probably pop now that I started form scratch but hey you never know with this game. 

Make a save when you're starting to get talented enough to promote to the majors and reload until you get promoted the way the trophy wants you to.

I've been:

(1) traded to another team in the off-season and started the new season in the majors

(2) injured and placed on the 60-day DL... when I got back I was placed directly on the major league roster

(3) promoted the regular way, but didn't get the correct scene to pop the trophy.  There should be two meetings with your manager.  One in AAA and one with your new MLB manager after you are called up.  The 2nd of these will pop the trophy.  But, the first time I promoted this way, I didn't get the second scene.  I got the "agent checking up on you scene" instead, which somehow botched this up.

So, there's a lot of ways to promote that won't get you this trophy.

I'm struggling with goodbye old friend too.  I've got almost 15 hours in and no broken bats.  It's the last trophy I need for the plat.  I remember breaking bats left and right last year.  I know it will come eventually but didn't think it would be this difficult, especially when over 53% of players have it.  

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is an arcade mode in this year's game to make the gameplay easier. My 7-year-old is getting interested in baseball and was thinking of getting this for his birthday. But I don't want him to get frustrated if the controls are too difficult. Do they have a mode that is basically simple swing and pitch? Thanks for any help you can give!

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is an arcade mode in this year's game to make the gameplay easier. My 7-year-old is getting interested in baseball and was thinking of getting this for his birthday. But I don't want him to get frustrated if the controls are too difficult. Do they have a mode that is basically simple swing and pitch? Thanks for any help you can give!

Arcade mode is back in this year's game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 6:56 AM, Bellz666 said:

I cheesed it.  Let Aaron Judge get a hit, run away from the ball and he'll score on the inside the park HR.  Trophy pops.

the trophy itself is easy, yeah. but no, what i mean is that the trophy existing is garbage because fuck the yankees, judge, their fans, etc... they're all scum who i hope burn in hell :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

the trophy itself is easy, yeah. but no, what i mean is that the trophy existing is garbage because fuck the yankees, judge, their fans, etc... they're all scum who i hope burn in hell :)

Bring on the burning then. Go Yankees! ;)