has anyone filed for otheros settlement, ps3?

melodicmizery

next month is the deadline for the otheros settlement. basically if you have a old ps3 phat, you can possibly get around 60$ as part of a 3million dollar overall lawsuit. 

redbull did this once and even though i dont drink redbull i said i did, and entered everyone in my families address and about a year later everyone magically got a 10$ check lol

but i legit have 4 ps3 phats. 2 that work still and 2 that dont

i know for sure i can file the main original one as i still got the receipt and original box. and maybe even the second. the 3rd and 4th i dont have much proof of but on the site they said you can just enter the serial number for multiple claims

the complicated part, which is my question would be has anyone registered more then one? i was trying to read the legal mumbo jumbo and it started going into basically itd be better to maybe register each ps3 to a different house address and name. you can submit the same form 4 times with the same name 4 times to the same address but it would prob be denied 3 times possibly it says. but hey i paid full price for 4 playstations so why shouldnt i be entitled to it 4 times right? again im horrible at legal stuff and id prob have to re read the page a few more times. but was wondering if anyone actually submitted a claim for more then one and could guide me on the best way to do it?

On 15/03/2018 at 10:48 PM, melodicmizery said:

next month is the deadline for the otheros settlement. basically if you have a old ps3 phat, you can possibly get around 60$ as part of a 3million dollar overall lawsuit. 

redbull did this once and even though i dont drink redbull i said i did, and entered everyone in my families address and about a year later everyone magically got a 10$ check lol

but i legit have 4 ps3 phats. 2 that work still and 2 that dont

i know for sure i can file the main original one as i still got the receipt and original box. and maybe even the second. the 3rd and 4th i dont have much proof of but on the site they said you can just enter the serial number for multiple claims

the complicated part, which is my question would be has anyone registered more then one? i was trying to read the legal mumbo jumbo and it started going into basically itd be better to maybe register each ps3 to a different house address and name. you can submit the same form 4 times with the same name 4 times to the same address but it would prob be denied 3 times possibly it says. but hey i paid full price for 4 playstations so why shouldnt i be entitled to it 4 times right? again im horrible at legal stuff and id prob have to re read the page a few more times. but was wondering if anyone actually submitted a claim for more then one and could guide me on the best way to do it?

Not sure on how the law works in the states my only reference is Boston Legal and Suits but if you own 4 PS3 fats then I would guess that you are entitled to it it all depends on if the settlement states that the claim is per person or per unit sold. As long as you can prove you own all four it shouldn't be a problem you might have to prove that you purchased them from a legitimate retailer and not from ebay or something like that, that should be easy enough I know here that there is a history of my purchases of my gaming systems where I got them from the only problem with that is if the retailer I bought from goes out of business, but even then I can prove the purchase through my banking records. 

16 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Not sure on how the law works in the states my only reference is Boston Legal and Suits but if you own 4 PS3 fats then I would guess that you are entitled to it it all depends on if the settlement states that the claim is per person or per unit sold. As long as you can prove you own all four it shouldn't be a problem you might have to prove that you purchased them from a legitimate retailer and not from ebay or something like that, that should be easy enough I know here that there is a history of my purchases of my gaming systems where I got them from the only problem with that is if the retailer I bought from goes out of business, but even then I can prove the purchase through my banking records. 

here is the site if you want to read the legal stuff http://www.otherossettlement.com/faq

it does say you can claim more then one, but then it gets kind of tricky about using the same name and address for all units. i highlighted it in bold

12. CAN I SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE CLAIM? 

Yes, you can submit one claim for each Fat PS3 that you purchased between November 1, 2006, and April 1, 2010, from an authorized retailer for family, personal, and/or household use, as long as you are a member of the Class as defined above in Question 7. Note, however, that if you have more than one console and submit multiple claims from the same household, the Settlement Administrator may ask you to provide additional information as set forth above in Question 11.

11. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A CLAIM FORM IS SUBMITTED? 

The Settlement Administrator will determine whether your Claim Form is complete and that the information that you submitted on your Claim Form is correct and valid. The Settlement Administrator may contact you for additional information if: (1) multiple claims with the same PS3 serial number are submitted; (2) a serial number is submitted but the console with that serial number is not associated with the PlayStation Network Sign-In ID or PlayStation Network Online ID identified by you; (3) a serial number is submitted that raises reasonable suspicion concerning the legitimacy of the serial number or the claim; or (4) more than one claim is submitted from the same household, i.e., the same postal address. The Settlement Administrator can also ask you to provide the date and location of your Fat PS3 purchase or other information as may be reasonably necessary for the Settlement Administrator to establish that your claim is legitimate. Your claim will be rejected if you are contacted by the Settlement Administrator for additional information but you do not provide the information requested.

as you can see in 2, and 4 it gets a bit tricky. i do use my main username on all systems but since 2 are ylod that might be a issue somewhere down the line.
also asking us the name and date is pretty ridiculous. how am i suppose to know where i got my ps3 from 10 YEARS ago. luckily i do have 2 of the boxes still and im almost positive i do have 2 receipts(prob the only time game hoarding boxes will come in handy ever lol). but the other 2 i dont. it seems like they legally set those terms up that way to try to get as few people to register as possible i guess. 

so i guess thats why i was wondering if itd be easier to submit each one form a different house, it seems like if you have multiples they may automatically want proof which will make it somewhat of a headache. 

i think i may just submit them all from the same house and just be done with it and see what happens. even if just one claim goes through its free money i guess. i did use otheros and liked toying around with linux and was upset when it was discontinued on ps3.

• 7 months later...