Spring Fling!

Im in for sure. List coming soon!

Ok here is my list. Should be another fun event.

Ldf8263.png

SPRING FORWARD - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture may not be a traditional time travel game but as you uncover the story you glimpse into past events to uncover what had happened in this deserted small town. 

L901511.png

SPRING CHICKEN - Been meaning to give this one a go for awhile and told Toogie Id play it if he did for this event sooooo here it is.

L35515e.png

SPRING CLEANING - If I can ever get the last few diamonds I need I can finally finish the original Knack. The grind has not been kind and most of the diamonds have taken hours each of open chest/quit/reload/run back to chest/rinse repeat to get. But, its been a little over 4 years since I started this game. Its about time I finished it.

L14bfb5.png

BONUS GAME - Second Son is loaded with little Easter Eggs throughout from Sly Cooper and gang graffiti on an inner city playground wall to a knack plushy laying near one of the beds in the makeshift hospital in the community center. This is another 4 year old title on my profile. Its about time I finished it.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 1

L8b4842.png

SPRING FORWARD - I picked this for it's futuristic setting. I started it recently and really loved it. Super Giant is an awesome developer. Probably the best indie studio in terms of unfailing quality. Great art, music, and gameplay every time. I can't wait to play through this again and go for the platinum. 

L901511.png

SPRING CHICKEN - I'm mostly picking this based on the age of the main character. He seems very young and inexperienced. I know this is pretty much a Zelda clone. I am excited to try it out. I've heard it's pretty good. 

L57216c.png

SPRING LOADED - I'm thinking the trick weapons have springs in them to help them snap out. They usually have a short or a long version you can transform to on the fly. Also, in From Software's latest teaser, it shows a spring-like mechanism being tightened to hold tension on what looks like a weapon to me. This reinforced my belief that this is how the developers imagine some of these weapons working. I have the platinum already, but I want to dive into the DLC and 100% this while the community is rejuvenated a bit from the influx of PS Plus subscribers.

MSbgK9m.png

BONUS GAME - I'm aware of one pretty big Easter egg where the screen goes black and white and very grainy. Some old-school cartoony music plays while everyone kind of bounces like they do in the early 1920's and 1930's era cartoons. If this is anything like Saints Row in style, I'm sure there are many pop culture references and other goodies peppered all throughout. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

Yay, the new event is up! Sign me up please. :D

I'm gonna start off with these but I may try and do more than three categories if I have the time: 

Spring Rolls: 

Laa5e99.png

Nioh - This is one of the examples in the OP and I've been waiting for the season pass to go on sale before I dove into this one. Now that it's on sale for $12 I'm really excited to play it for the event. I'm a big fan of the Ninja Gaiden games and this is made by the same dev team so I already know I'll enjoy it. 

Spring Loaded: 

Le36adc.png

Mary Skelter Nightmares - This is a JRPG from Compile Heart one of the companies behind the Neptunia series. It's a dungeon crawler where (from what I've heard and seen) you take the role of fairy tale characters who have been locked up in a jail where they're tortured by demonic creatures. When I decided to check gameplay for it a while back I saw a gameplay mechanic that immediately go "They must have been drunk when they thought of that idea." Apparently you can lick your party members to build up one of your special abilities. If that was put into the game I can't imagine what else I'll find when I play through it. 

Spring Cleaning: 

L3baf76.png

Amnesia Collection - Not much to say about this one. It's been in my backlog for about 5 months now and whenever I decide what to play next I always go to play Amnesia, get bored in the first five minutes and then pick something else to play. I figure putting it on my list would be some motivation to finally finish it up. 

Easter Egg: 

L514e92.png

Forma 8 - While playing through the game you find a crashed ship that is the same model as the ship from one of the devs other games being Futuridium. I thought it was a cool little Easter egg and this'll serve as a nice break in between the two big RPGs I'll be playing. It also decreases my PS Plus backlog so it's a triple win! 

Good luck everyone! I'm excited to see what games you all pick and your experiences with them as I think we will have a wide variety of games this time around with how many categories we can choose from. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

@Kent10201 Good choices! I like the licking mechanic. Nioh was on m list until the very end. The current influx of Bloodborne players and an amazing sale on the DLC is what got me to replace it on my list with that. 

Thanks! I was trying to think of a way to have the game fit into this event because I really wanted to play it, then I saw that mechanic and knew I had to add it to my list. xD

Bloodborne would be on my list if I wasn't $1 short of having enough money for the DLC. If I manage to get a Sony Rewards code before the end of the sale I'll pick it up and add it to my list if I find myself having enough time for it. 

I'm going to participate again for sure. My starting list is as follows:

-SPRING CLEANING-

Lc1492e.png

The Walking Dead (PS3)

I started this game in December 2012 and stopped in the middle of episode 2. I think it's long due I clear this.

-SPRING CHICKEN-

L7258b6.png

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS3)

The quintessential young boy protagonist that has a huge destiny.

-SPRING ACTION-

L20365f.png

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Badass 80's action hero wick tons of guns, violence and corny one-liners.

-EASTER EGG-

L61c711.png

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS4)

The Uncharted series is always filled with nods to other Sony/Naughty Dog games but my favorite is for a game that wasn't even announced yet. In the starting level, there is a newspaper warning of a deadly fungus epidemic. This, of course, is the catalyst for the events of the next Naughty Dog game, The Last of Us.

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 2

So here is the next event set up by Toogie and pls sign me up :)

I'll name my games i want to start but i guess we can swap around during the event as in the past too?! :D

Spring Forward: Back to the Future (PS4)

L7f43d2.png

I know only the first movie with the same title and i am curious how similar the game is. But this game is an easy choice for something with Time Travel in mind :)

Spring Cleaning: Killzone 2

L6f16fa.png

I played through this in Nov 2012 and only came back last month to get the mp trophies so i may unlock the platinum sometime in the future... this game will be my new record for time between first and last trophy if completed within this event :D ...

Spring into Action: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngL2a2654.png

The Duke is known for two things: kicking ass of bad guys and flirting with women so i guess this is a good choice... in this event i might take a shortcut through some walls to save the earth though :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Might be a bit too ambitious, but I'd like to give it a try if my list looks alright.  :)

If Plat + DLC is required, I'll have to swap out Enslaved; I only have the base game.

L0249eb.png

Spring Rolls   -   Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)
Roughly based on a 16th century Chinese novel, Journey to the West.

Le4f0ee.png

Spring Cleaning   -   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
Bought January 2015/started July 2017. It's been waiting a while.

Le9e2b9.png
Spring Action   -   inFamous (PS3)
Running around zapping everything with lightning, what's not actiony there?

Evm9w8V.png

Bonus Game   -   Banjo-Kazooie (XBox)
Can't say I look into games I haven't beaten or catch most easter eggs anyway, but there's a video suggesting a fair number in here.

Edited by SyIaris
Site's being stupid with the images.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

@Toogie53 Will you change your avatar to coincide with this event you created? :)

Yes. I'm kind of tired of the Captain. 

51 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Might be a bit too ambitious, but I'd like to give it a try if my list looks alright.  :)

If Plat + DLC is required, I'll have to swap out Enslaved;

Hey there. Glad to see a new face. First off, welcome! I let people swap games as they need to. Plans change, things come up. So be ambitious! If you get in a bind, you can change it out for something faster/easier.  I count plats or 100%. So Enslaved should work for you. 

I'm in.  Still have to decide on games, but I'm sure I'll come up with an insane list.

Probably will have at least the following in it:

1. Spring forward - Time and Eternity.  Well, this one involves traveling back in time to prevent your groom from getting assassinated, multiple times in fact.  Definitely a good fit for this.

2. Spring cleaning - Final Fantasy X HD.  Okay, I'm lame and pick one that only has 2 trophies left, but it is the oldest game in my PSN backlog and the best pick for this category.

Not sure what else I'm picking yet since it's going to depend on what I'm itching to play after KYC 6 ends among my unfinished games there.  Tokyo Xanadu is very likely for my bonus since every Falcom game has easter eggs and I've already seen a few of them.  I'll probably try to find some way to cram in The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 though.

Actually though a question.  Since some people are doing Xbox games, would you allow Steam games with achievements?

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Okay since umpteen people pushed me as Participant #7 xD I decided I need to lock down my list now and I think I have a good bonus game even if the Easter Egg is very obscure. And I promise no booby titles for April Fool's Day. :P

EDIT: Maybe I might change one of the games on the list after hearing Kent10201's comment on Mary Skelter Nightmares for his "Spring Loaded" entry. Can Toogie verify that any sort of anime type game involving hentai in it would be considering something that screams "The writers were stoned AND drunk when they wrote this!"? Or am I just being racist towards Japanese anime? ?

Spring Rolls:

Laf972f.png

I know Toogie put this on his example list, but I had to put this down. I was sort of into the idea of the game and I have played (partly) the DS sequel Okamiden, which was fun to play. What got me into the game was this Let's Play by Chuggaaconroy. He really put a lot of humor into the whole experience and I highly recommend checking out all of his Let's Plays even if they are mostly Nintendo titles. I purchased the game on the PSN Store after it went on sale, but something was holding me back from trying the game out, maybe the weird way you use the Celestial Brush.

It is time to stop putting it off. Time to play as a celestial wolf god of the sun. And yes, it fits the theme as it is saturated with Japanese Mythology.

Spring Chicken:

L21c1d7.png

Another example by Toogie, but I have platinumed this game a few times on other accounts. What has kept me from playing it again is that two trophies are very timing-sensitive, but I've done them before. Have a great guide for this game.

Spring Cleaning: Had to do this, I really needed an excuse to do this game...

L1affc3.png

World of Final Fantasy has been on my shelf as a physical copy for so long it needs to be done again. I have platinumed the game on a very old account so I can do it. It's just going to be a bit of a grind. But I really love the SD Final Fantasy characters.

Bonus Game:

Lcf80ce.png

For those wondering why I decided on this monster of a game, LEGO City Undercover, it was because of a little Easter Egg you wouldn't understand unless you have played the Switch version of this game. I'll try to take a snapshot of it(I'll purchase this on the Switch too to show you a better version of the Easter Egg). Since it has 1000 collectibles and a lot of missions, I'll probably spent the second longest time on it.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Actually though a question.  Since some people are doing Xbox games, would you allow Steam games with achievements?

I don't have a problem with this. I just need a link to your profile so I can track progress on the specific game(s) and verify completion.

2 hours ago, donut_plz said:

L901511.png

SPRING CHICKEN - Been meaning to give this one a go for awhile and told Toogie Id play it if he did for this event sooooo here it is.

Good luck trying to catch that blasted Ghost Fish! ?

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

Evm9w8V.png

Bonus Game   -   Banjo-Kazooie (XBox)
Can't say I look into games I haven't beaten or catch most easter eggs anyway, but there's a video suggesting a fair number in here.

Blasphemy! ? Nah, just kidding! :D The first two Banjo games were probably my favorite N64 memories. Shame they were snapped up by XBOX. :(

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Yay, the new event is up! Sign me up please. :D

You told me you were probably not going to take part in this. xD Welcome!

14 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I don't have a problem with this. I just need a link to your profile so I can track progress on the specific game(s) and verify completion.

Awesome!  My Steam backlog is so immense that I'd love an excuse to finish some of those games as well.  I'll link my profile if I end up going with anything from there since a short game from my Steam backlog may help balance out some of the huge games I'm probably playing on PSN.

• Like 1

Someone should play Offspring Fling, just for the name.  :P

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey there. Glad to see a new face. First off, welcome! I let people swap games as they need to. Plans change, things come up. So be ambitious! If you get in a bind, you can change it out for something faster/easier.  I count plats or 100%. So Enslaved should work for you. 

Thanks for the welcome! Good to know - Amalur's going to be a bit of a timesink after a forced break from gaming, but I want it for plat #75.

It looks like my name's being weird in the first post, there's an i instead of an L in my name because I got sick of trying combinations and didn't think it would matter.  :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Blasphemy! 1f479.png Nah, just kidding! :D The first two Banjo games were probably my favorite N64 memories. Shame they were snapped up by XBOX. :(

Yeah, it's a shame they haven't showed up elsewhere. It's honestly a little strange to see it on Xbox when Rare Replay's got a decent number of N64 titles in the mix.

It's also the result of googling "(unfinished game) easter egg" until something hit.  :lol:

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Spring Rolls:

Laf972f.png

I know Toogie put this on his example list, but I had to put this down. I was sort of into the idea of the game and I have played (partly) the DS sequel Okamiden, which was fun to play. What got me into the game was this Let's Play by Chuggaaconroy. He really put a lot of humor into the whole experience and I highly recommend checking out all of his Let's Plays even if they are mostly Nintendo titles. I purchased the game on the PSN Store after it went on sale, but something was holding me back from trying the game out, maybe the weird way you use the Celestial Brush.

It is time to stop putting it off. Time to play as a celestial wolf god of the sun. And yes, it fits the theme as it is saturated with Japanese Mythology.

Okami is a great game, I hope you enjoy it :)  I know you like following along Let's Plays, so I'd like to recommend the one made by eskimopoodle.  It's a 100% completion Let's Play based on the PS3 version of the game and he gives a lot of background into the lore and mythology - it's really interesting.

Also, there is fishing in Okami, but no ghost fish in sight ;)  The fishing is actually fairly simplistic so nothing to worry about there.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Someone should play Offspring Fling, just for the name.  :P

If I was capable of 100%ing it, I would.  Earned a whole 1 achievement in it.  I suck at the game and have failed to earn any more.  I was actually thinking about tossing in a time management game since those tend to have some goal involving growing trees or flowers or take place in some exotic locale and are short and easy.

If someone was really nuts, I'd suggest Cook, Serve, Delicious! as a game.  But it's incredibly long

If I was being really silly I'd play a Zup! game for Spring into Action since those games involve making explosions.  They also on average take about an hour to 100%.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Always keen for your events mate, lets look at my starting list though we know it will change as we go

SPRING FLOWERS - Flower (19%)

flower-listing-thumb-01-psvita-us-05may14?$Icon$

Sometimes it pays to be literal, Flower has you going around as petals and bringing life back to the world. I have completed a couple of levels but this will inspire me to go back and finish it.

SPRING LOADED - Far Cry 5 (0%)

See the source image

I think it is a safe call there will be a spring loaded weapon in Far Cry 5, I also am 100% going to be playing it so I may as well have it in the list. Very interested to see how Far Cry goes in an American setting, especially with the current climate.

SPRING CLEANING - Resogun (28%)

Image result for resogun

This was the first game I played on the PS4 with my first trophy earned on 25th December, 2013. Now that is spring cleaning.

BONUS GAME - Bordelands 2 (19%)

See the source image

There is heaps of easter eggs in Borderlands 2 so I will share a couple as I go. If anyone else wants to do Borderlands 2 hit me up and we can help each other a bit.

Looking like a nice list this time :) 

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

If I was capable of 100%ing it, I would.  Earned a whole 1 achievement in it.  I suck at the game and have failed to earn any more.  I was actually thinking about tossing in a time management game since those tend to have some goal involving growing trees or flowers or take place in some exotic locale and are short and easy.

If someone was really nuts, I'd suggest Cook, Serve, Delicious! as a game.  But it's incredibly long

If I was being really silly I'd play a Zup! game for Spring into Action since those games involve making explosions.

Yeah, that's exactly what I managed with it too. Time management sounds like a good choice to balance out some longer/tougher titles.

Do the Zup games even take an hour?  :P