Spring Fling!

I got the platinum for The Town of Light earlier. Two games down!

It was a pretty disturbing game (not as much as I was expecting) but there was quite a bit of nudity and graphic stuff. Definitely not a game for kids to see or hear. It was, however, nice to just walk around, enjoy the scenery and not have to worry about things trying to kill you. The developer did a good job with it. 

Keep up the good work everyone! ?

• Like 1

I'd like to go ahead and switch out Time and Eternity for Exist Archive instead.  I didn't originally go with Exist Archive because I thought it would be a longer plat, but I'm actually getting pretty close to beating it and then it's just a few hours of the last part for the other endings and grinding for the rest of the trophies.  I probably have about as much tie left to finish it as I do for Time and Eternity, but since I can play it at work I can make pretty steady progress.

Of course, it doesn't fit for Spring Forward, but it does fit well for Spring Break with the whole kids from Tokyo being transported to a strange and exotic planet deal it has going and I hadn't used that one yet.

• Like 1

Thanks to the long Easter weekend, I actually managed to start the event pretty well - it's all downhill from here!

NieR: Automata: 0% -> 27%

Finished Route A; I was interested to keep following the story so I didn't do a huge number of sidequests, making it a pretty quick first playthrough.  I'll save my opinions for later, since it feels like I've hardly scratched the surface of the game.

The Witness: 40% -> 82%

Cleared all the areas leading to the mountain, and I'm currently a good way into the mountain's puzzles, I think / hope.  I've never sworn so much at a game (in a friendly way), I love it.

Demon's Souls: 64%

Full Throttle: 46%

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

I think / hope.  I've never sworn so much at a game (in a friendly way), I love it.

Wait until you have to complete the secret challenge, my friend. We'll see how much your relationship with this title is tested when you cross that bridge. ?

Going to take a bit of a break. There are some items I need to clear before I can commit to another LEGO games, raise the completion a tad.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Update

I'm hoping to get 'Murdered Soul Suspect' done this weekend, but we'll have to see how it goes. I played a few hours more yesterday. The gameplay is starting to get a bit repetitive, but I'm still having lots of fun, especially with the investigations themselves. There is also a lot of other mechanics they added into the game with movement and battle, and I do find them fun in the story, but they get a bit overused (i.e. the demons). 

Murdered Soul Suspect 36% -> 43%

Lol, I just noticed Flower got put back to 9%. I added the PS3 version to my profile now so it will, hopefully, be more clear. :P

• Like 3

I've played dead rising 2 for 6 hours today and got nowhere trophy wise. I think I've been too ambitious with my game choices so I'd like to swap them for others if that's ok? 

Spring loaded- batman telltale ps3 1% picking it for this as I'm pretty sure his grapnel gun must be spring loaded.

Spring forward- guardians of the galaxy ps4 4% it's not set in the future but id class anything set in space as a futuristic setting.

Spring into action- X-Men origins: Wolverine ps3 32% wolverine 'nuff said.

Spring cleaning- Skyrim VR 18% gives me an excuse to finish this off. Definitely going for plat, undecided if I'm going for 100% yet.

@2G53 sorry to be a pain swapping all 4 of my games but I feel I'm alot more motivated to do these 4.

• Like 1

First update~

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/8d0ab8/L3fa2bf.png

Spring Flowers: Firewatch

0% → 100% https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png

This was an interesting ride. I really love the artstyle, and I think that the story was very interesting. I hear some people don't like the ending, but personally I don't see anything wrong with it, I thought it was appropriate for the type of game it was. An easy trophy list too, so I appreciate that :D

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

First update~

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/8d0ab8/L3fa2bf.png

Spring Flowers: Firewatch

0% → 100% https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png

This was an interesting ride. I really love the artstyle, and I think that the story was very interesting. I hear some people don't like the ending, but personally I don't see anything wrong with it, I thought it was appropriate for the type of game it was. An easy trophy list too, so I appreciate that :D

Congrats! I've heard so many good things about this game, I think I'll keep my eye out for it during future sales now.

• Like 3

@2G53 could you please add my SPRING INTO ACTION  game choice? I've been playing a classic I couldn't played when it firts came out, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow HD, I've been really busy and I'll probably be the rest of the day but I managed to get some cool trophies and now I just need another Normal playtrouhgt without dying, also cleaning up some other trophies, but I will propably enjoy more the game since I can play the way I want because in the last playtrought I had to reload my saved games like a billion times in order to avoid killing people or been spotted by guards ?. 

Anyways I hope everyone's having fun with their picks and make good progress this week  ?.

• Like 2

One game down, got Ether One done, I wont talk about the story as it is best to just experience it but I really enjoyed this game, the puzzles were great with some being very tricky but most are doable without too much back tracking or running around required. Now working on AC Unity. I've got the story and side missions all done, just have a couple of co-op ones that can be donesolo and the dreaded chest grind.

• Like 2

Update (for today)

I found two easter eggs today!

First, played a bit more Murdered Soul Suspect. Got some odd glitches, but nothing a checkpoint restart couldn't fix. I'm at the story point where it makes the most sense for me to go for the collectibles, so I've been doing a bit of that and backtracking. I found my first Easter Egg: Just Cause 2 posters in the police station!

I also continued The Book of Unwritten Tales 2. I copied the entire walkthrough into a word document and I erase the parts I complete. I went from 30 pages to 25, so I'm making a bit of progress. The game's a bit frustrating as I might forget one conversation line and it'd take time to figure out what it was. I also experienced a weird freezing glitch. I found my second Easter Egg here that I forgot about, which is silly because it's one of my favorite ones. (I don't want to spoil it, but it's the Time Traveler trophy)

Murdered Soul Suspect 43% -> 53%

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 13%-> 32%

• Like 2

April 8, early 9th:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes: 15% (10/46)
  • LEGO City Undercover: 18% (12/49)

Just got past the sixth level in LEGO Marvel Superheroes, the Asgard level. Need to go to bed now but I'll get back to the game later on. (Playing Shantae: The Pirate's Curse on Nintendo Switch too.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

First, played a bit more Murdered Soul Suspect. Got some odd glitches, but nothing a checkpoint restart couldn't fix. I'm at the story point where it makes the most sense for me to go for the collectibles, so I've been doing a bit of that and backtracking. I found my first Easter Egg: Just Cause 2 posters in the police station!

I didn't notice these in my playthrough a while spot. Nice job spotting those. 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:40 PM, ladynadiad said:

I'd like to go ahead and switch out Time and Eternity for Exist Archive instead. 

Got you updated. 

On 4/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, wolverine123 said:

@2G53 sorry to be a pain swapping all 4 of my games but I feel I'm alot more motivated to do these 4.

Not a problem. I'm updating your list right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Working on Song of the Deep.  Actually a well made game, different from what I plan on playing next: Mad Max!

I was looking at Song of the Deep around Christmas when it was on sale but never did grab it. Is it worth a playthrough?

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Much as I hate to say it, I think I'm going to have to either drop out or switch my games for Vita/short ones. Haven't had much time lately.  -_-

There are still a few weeks left. I won't shame you for dropping. It happens.  I tried to participate in another event and realized it's just not going to work and bowed out last week. I hope you just switch games instead of dropping in this case though. That's part of why I'm really flexible because things change. Games aren't about what you thought, or you get in and just aren't enjoying yourself, etc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donut_plz said:

I was looking at Song of the Deep around Christmas when it was on sale but never did grab it. Is it worth a playthrough?

It is pretty good in my opinion. Some very pretty areas art-wise. The game play is not amazing but it's fun enough. Getting enough of the treasures to fully upgrade is time consuming but that's the only thing that was an annoyance for me in the game. The voice narration is occasionally bad too. It's kind of narrated in the tone of voice you'd use if you were reading a story book to a three year old kid. I picked this up on launch day but then didn't play it forever. I was surprised to see a bigger studio releasing a game for $15. I get it though because it's not a big multi-facet production with multiplayer and 50 hours of gameplay. I think the price was very fair for the package. I've seen it on sale much cheaper and it's a total no brainer, if you snag it on sale. 

• Like 1

April 9th:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes: 28% (18/46)
  • LEGO City Undercover: 18% (12/49)

Just finished the story mode in LEGO Marvel Superheroes and started the Deadpool levels, but to be honest, I might swap the game out again because I just started the sequel and MAN is Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 much more interesting! I just cleared the third story level and it's less gum-scraping painful than the original. And baby Groot is so cute! Aw! ^_^

I'll see if I can force out more stuff and hope to get Free Play done in the original. I forgot how BS the flight mechanics are in the original LMS, couldn't complete a single race to save my life. :( That why I might swap out for LMS2 since I'll probably play through that more.

And yes, I have not forgotten LCU. I'll get that game worked on as soon as possible but I have a few weeks before the deadline.