Spring Fling!

Haven't managed to progress much yet, I've been quite busy these last days. Still, I trying to platinum Croixleur Sigma on my Vita as soon as I can, just need to clear Dungeon Mode once to get the platinum, but the Dungeon Mode is hard as hell and a pain. Trying to do my efforts to clear that damn Dungeon. Meanwhile I think I managed to continue some progress on Watch Dogs but trophywise, I didn't get much.

I platted Yooka-Laylee yesterday. God, what a terrible game that was, with some of the worst controls and ideas in history. Man, I had more fun with so called "junk" games than with this one... :shakefist:

Anyway, I wanted to add some more games to my list, which are all a bit shorter than Spirit of Sanada. I don't know if I'll have enough time for Samurai Warriors during the next weeks, so I may have to switch it for the following games, if that's okay:

Spring Loaded - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PS3 Version)

Spring Chicken - Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island

Spring Flowers - Koi

6 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Haven't managed to progress much yet, I've been quite busy these last days. Still, I trying to platinum Croixleur Sigma on my Vita as soon as I can, just need to clear Dungeon Mode once to get the platinum, but the Dungeon Mode is hard as hell and a pain. Trying to do my efforts to clear that damn Dungeon. Meanwhile I think I managed to continue some progress on Watch Dogs but trophywise, I didn't get much.

I somehow missed the post where you picked your games. I'm going to blame @CJ_Mystery for it. Keep up your progress! What do you think of Watch Dogs? It's in my backlog I tried it for like an hour one day about two years ago. I need to give it another shot. 

4 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Wolfenstein 2 is at 26%. I finished the story, and now just going in and doing all of the extra stuff, as well as getting all upgrades and perks prior to my Mein Leben run. Every other game is the same percentage.

I'm super curious to see if you can pull off Mein Leiben. Best of luck to you!

47 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

I'm super curious to see if you can pull off Mein Leiben. Best of luck to you!

I am going to try and do it as part of an NG+, f it can be. That's why I want all upgrades and perks and collectibles first. So I don't need to stop and look, I can just go, and maybe even avoid combat wherever possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2G53 said:

I somehow missed the post where you picked your games. I'm going to blame @CJ_Mystery for it. Keep up your progress! What do you think of Watch Dogs? It's in my backlog I tried it for like an hour one day about two years ago. I need to give it another shot. 

I'm really liking Watch Dogs. I am fan of open world games in general. I like Watch Dogs' concept and the fact that you can control the environment and communications around you with your hacking skils, and even through the use of cameras. Driving-wise, it is nothing special, but I like the shooting and fighting parts. Kinda intense, since you cannot be a kamikaze in this game, or you'll get completely owned by your foes. I always leave my game online and sometimes a random online guy interupts me, which is kinda unexpected but cool at the same time. Story-wise, I haven't made much progress, since I'm focusing a lot on sidequests and collectibles I find on my way. That way I get some early level up and skill points so I can get the lots of skills early. The skills in the skill tree can help you a lot and make a lot of difference. Oh, and did I say that I really like the game's soundtrack? The songs on the radio were well chosen in my opinion!

• Like 1

So a small update on the state of things.

• Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - 66%
  • Judge Dee - 19%
  • Broken Age - 91%
  • The Evil Within - 47%
  • Prince of Persia - 66% --> 67%
  • Trine 2 - 8%
  • Final Fantasy XIII - 91%
  • Far Cry: Blood Dragon - 35%--> 100%
  • BONUS: Metal Gear Solid 3 - 78%

Completed Far Cry: Blood Dragon after starting it over 2 years ago, so happy days. Was quite fun if incredibly silly, I think that was the gist overall so it fits all well.

Starting doing the DLC for PoP to get back into the game after my saves were deleted.

Also, my Evil Within saves have been wiped from my HDD, no idea how as I backed up all my saves before formatting my HDD because of corrupted data. So, this will be an incredible slog now, as I finished the game twice and was trying a speed run. Ah well, we shall see.

• Like 1

A little update from me :)

First kinda off topic, just to say I've been still grinding character level ups in Bleach but i'm half way done with number 16 and only 3 more left :D ... i'm not sure but hopefully i can finish Killzone 2 within this event as the plat right after Bleach but i'll switch another game to something without a Plat:

i'll start Sky Force Anniversary soon... looking at a few min at youtube i think it's action loaded enough to be a replacement for Duke Nukem in the Spring into Action category :D

And besides that i did some grinding in Adventure Capitalist and have reached over 3k companies of each on the Earth so that way most trophies are earned by now... it's still a long way until the end (amount at least 5k companies, 10k max)... it fits the Time Travel category perfectly though as to increase my progress i jumped between the years 2000 and 2099 dozens of times already :D

So @2G53 pls update my list

Adventure Capitalist 31 --> 61%

Killzone 2: 72%

Sky Force Anniversary: 0%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Also, my Evil Within saves have been wiped from my HDD, no idea how as I backed up all my saves before formatting my HDD because of corrupted data. So, this will be an incredible slog now, as I finished the game twice and was trying a speed run. Ah well, we shall see.

That sucks! I;m planning to revisit this game during Halloween. I put it off 'til the end last year and had to swap it out with something less time consuming. I'd hate to have to start over and you were way farther. 

37 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

So @2G53 pls update my list

Adventure Capitalist 31 --> 61%

Killzone 2: 72%

Sky Force Anniversary: 0%

done!

So last night not much done game wise. My wife surprised me with a date night to Dave and Busters, so spent a little time there. After I was able to spend about an hour on The Wolf Among us only getting through a few sections of the second chapter. Today though I made great progress on Baseball Riot. I went from Region 3 all the way to get all the trophies for Region 5. I just have to clear the last few sections and get enough stars now to move on to 6. Lastly I think I am changing my Bonus Game. Since I did get my 360 back, I was able to download my old account. I think I want to change it to Castlevania SOTN. It happens to be one of my fav PS1 games and one of the two original games I had for the console. I would do it for PS4 if there was a version available. How there is not one here but on Xbox there is a crime since it was a PS1 game.

Lost Sphear - 37%

Among the Sleep - 1f4af.png

The Wolf Among Us - 10%> 15%

It's Spring Again - 1f4af.png

Baseball Riot - 25%> 50%

Midnight Deluxe - :platinum:

BONUS: Adventure > Castlevania SOTN - 32%

PS: I just linked my xbox account to my trophy checklist intro.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

Been playing guardians of the galaxy tonight, got through the first 3 episodes. I really don't know why I stopped playing it the first time around.

I'm absolutely loving the soundtrack and the trophy names are all album names, it's a shame the trophy tiles aren't pictures of the album covers they're named after, I would've loved Pink Floyd dark side of the moon cover as a milestone.

Gameplay wise it's a typical telltale game, we'll pretend we're giving you choices but ultimately they all lead to the same thing, the story isn't great but it's alot better than the piss poor vol 2 movie imo.

I'm impressed with the voice acting, especially rocket and starlord, i had to check in the credits that it wasnt Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper doing them.

I'll finish the last 2 episodes tomorrow night then probably go back to Skyrim for a visit. 

• Like 1

April 10:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: 38% (42/66)
  • LEGO City Undercover: 18% (12/49)

Yep, swapped out the Spring into Action entry AGAIN because I have just finished the story mode in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 and found it far more fun to deal with so getting all of the 100% in everything will be more entertaining and worked on faster. I really enjoyed the whole Kang the Conquerer thing, it was fun meeting alternate versions of Spider-Man, including Spider-Gwen, a roaring 20's Spidey and Spider Man 2099. Fighting Carnom and Korvak were challenging indeed. Now onto the Gwenpool missions! :D

• Like 1

OK one more update! I think I'm on track to finish my games really early. Since some of you are going above and beyond and doing more than I asked, I decided to add more picks to my list. I'm not positive I can finish them all, but I'll give a try. So here are my choices to fill in the blanks. 

Laa5e99.png

Spring Rolls: Nioh! This almost made it's way into my original list, but was supplanted by Bloodborne. This is the one, I'm most concerned about with not having enough time to complete but I'm going to try it out. Worst case scenario, it will be in a better place to finish up in another event. When I last played, I was stuck on Hino-Enma. I only tried a few times, but she was so fast that none of my attempts were even close. I think I stopped playing because it was in between events and it was time to start my new event games. 

Lc1e178.png

Spring Action: Metal Slug 3! This game is a run and gun arcade shooter. You pretty much are shooting non-stop and putting a bullet into anything on the screen that moves. You eventually get tanks and mech suits etc. for even bigger guns and bigger explosions. I haven't actually played it before, but I hear you can get all the trophies in a few hours so it should fit nicely into my available time. 

L2549d8.png

Spring Break: Hidden Agenda! Kind of a weird choice for the category as it's mostly like if Tell Tale did a game for CSI. It fits the criteria for being a party game. It features Playlink which allows people to sign into the game and control it with their cell phones or tablets. You can work with or against each other which can be lots of fun either way. When you play competitively, players are given hidden agendas which are like missions. These encourage you to sway the story certain directions. So you might get one that says, "Make sure your partner is arrested." When future dialogue choices are given, you need to try to sway the group into going with options that will lead to that outcome. But the group knows hidden agendas exist and if they are completed, the person with the agenda is given a lot of points. So sometimes, you want to act like you want the other thing so people vote against what they think you want but are actually fulfilling what you need. It can get pretty funny. 

L50d97e.png

Spring Cleaning: Fallout 4! This isn't my oldest game, but it's been over a year since I got my last trophy in it. This is a game my daughter keeps on hounding me to play and finish. I let this be an exception to the rule that she couldn't play M rated games. Then a few days later, I walked into the room to find she had stealthily murdered most of Diamond City and drug their mostly naked corpses into a big pile near the baseball diamond. So, I kind of regret that decision. Anyway, I recently bought the season pass for her since her b-day was in March and now she's bugging me again.

L6e2c3c.png

Spring Flowers: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare! In this game, you can obviously be plants and can play as a pretty sunflower. I goofed around with it in the past. I have no idea how hard the platinum is but I'm willing to try it out. We'll see how it goes! I really like the classic Plants vs Zombies game and wish this was more like that. 

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 2

Just for reference to anyone that isn't sure. You only need to complete three games. So if you want to be ambitious and pick out more games, I'm not going to hold it against you if you don't finish them. You're not committed to the extra categories. Just finish any three. There is also the bonus game for having a cool Easter egg that is treated separately. 

5 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@2G53 Awesome to see you doing Nioh. I need someone to talk to about how awesome it is. :D

You're back! How was your vacation?!

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

Just now, 2G53 said:

You're back! How was your vacation?!

I am, and it was great fun and an awesome experience. We went to both Universal parks in the evenings as the lines were much shorter and the heat was more bearable, and did the waterparks and things like mini golf during the day. I would've liked to do Disney World as well, as I'm a huge Disney fan (don't know if you could tell based on my favorite series, avatar and game I'm currently playing :P) but that wasn't in the cards this year because we just didn't have enough time. Curse you responsibilities! :shakefist: We're most definitely returning next year so hopefully I'll get to experience more of what Orlando has to offer then. :)

Mary Skelter is at 60 something percent, (too lazy to check right now xD) but I don't want to sync the trophies until I have the plat. I should have it by the end of this week, if not earlier. To put it short and sweet before my real review the game is fantastic, and I highly encourage anyone who has a Vita to play it. I can't wait for the sequel to come to the West hopefully sometime at the end of this year or beginning of next year. It comes out in June in Japan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I am, and it was great fun and an awesome experience. We went to both Universal parks in the evenings as the lines were much shorter and the heat was more bearable, and did the waterparks and things like mini golf during the day. I would've liked to do Disney World as well, as I'm a huge Disney fan (don't know if you could tell based on my favorite series, avatar and game I'm currently playing :P) but that wasn't in the cards this year because we just didn't have enough time. Curse you responsibilities! :shakefist: We're most definitely returning next year so hopefully I'll get to experience more of what Orlando has to offer then. :)

That's really good. I'm trying to decide what I should take the kids to do this summer. I don't have tons of money for summer vacation this year, I'm thinking about taking them on an extended camping trip in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho or white water rafting in Moab, UT. Maybe even a Vegas weekend. I'm a couple of hour drive from any of those. I just don't see us having enough free money for flights and Disneyland tickets etc. 

5 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

That's really good. I'm trying to decide what I should take the kids to do this summer. I don't have tons of money for summer vacation this year, I'm thinking about taking them on an extended camping trip in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho or white water rafting in Moab, UT. Maybe even a Vegas weekend. I'm a couple of hour drive from any of those. I just don't see us having enough free money for flights and Disneyland tickets etc. 

This is the first vacation we've been on in like 10 years so it was long overdue. xD If you don't mind me asking what state do you live in? Some of the tourists in Florida would tell us about things to do in their home states so maybe I could give you some ideas that don't break the bank.

Added games to my list as others have done. I'd like to hit up all categories if I have time. At very least if you shoot for the moon you might break out of orbit.

Lcf5fd5.png

SPRING into ACTION - Started The Deadly Tower of Monsters up with absolutely no expectations and quickly found this game plays out like an old sci-fi B-Movie. In fact it has anything AND everything an old Sci-Fi B-Movie would have. Laser shooting Apes... you bet. Dinosaurs.... of course. Aliens... most definitely. Mad scientist and Evil Emperor (with a pirate eye patch of course) check and check. It was a lot of fun progressing through the game and wondering what new element was next. A giant Ant Queen, Invisible lizard men, a T-Rex or a giant dustbuster. The game was fun but somewhat on the short side. Which in this case is a plus for this game as lets be honest ,there's only so much B-Movie goodness you can take in at a time without it getting boring. The collectables weren't too crazy either and the warping to checkpoints was brilliant.

L5141ee.png

SPRING ROLLS - This gives me a reason to go back and grind out all those fluxes in I am Setsuna I couldn't seem to wrap my head around before. With a bit of reading up and some tips from friends I hope I can get it done as I'm pretty much at end game otherwise. Supposedly there is a recipe you can obtain which will give you a food item that has a bonus to flux rates too. Guess I'll be eating this Fried Eggplant a lot.

Labe6d0.png

SPRING BREAK - Everybody's Golf has got to go in this slot as around here you definitely are not golfing before spring as its hard to find your ball in a foot of snow. This game is a lot of fun if not taking it too serious. We shall talk again after trying to Hit a Hole-in-One 3x from a par 4 and nailing the rest of the crazy shots. I may end up "breaking" my clubs or a controller or two by the time this is over.

Ld6cee1.png

SPRING LOADED - Picked up Night in the Woods a few months back but haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. Looks interesting and I'm pretty sure the main character gets drunk at some point in the story.

L984ddc.png

SPRING Flowers - What can fit this better than Flower. Not entirely sure what this game is but it was a PS+ game I picked up and looks like it might be interesting as well.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Those are all great ideas. We are looking at san padre island off of texas. Just a relaxing beach vacation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

This is the first vacation we've been on in like 10 years so it was long overdue. xD If you don't mind me asking what state do you live in? Some of the tourists in Florida would tell us about things to do in their home states so maybe I could give you some ideas that don't break the bank.

I live in Utah. Salt Lake Area.

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Those are all great ideas. We are looking at san padre island off of texas. Just a relaxing beach vacation.

Sounds like a nice time to me. Beaches are awesome. How warm is the water in that area?