Spring Fling!

Gonna have to swap back to LEGO Marvel Superheroes the original again because I ran into a platinum-breaking bug. For some reason in Level 3, Castle Hassle, you have to manipulate a cage with Dr. Strange to drop it and create a build object. But for some reason when I try to do that, the game freezes briefly and doesn't drop the cage so I can't get a minikit in that game. EVER. That means that the platinum is impossible. SCREW THIS GAME AND MYSELF FOR SPENDING $60 ON IT. ?

16 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Gonna have to swap back to LEGO Marvel Superheroes the original again because I ran into a platinum-breaking bug. For some reason in Level 3, Castle Hassle, you have to manipulate a cage with Dr. Strange to drop it and create a build object. But for some reason when I try to do that, the game freezes briefly and doesn't drop the cage so I can't get a minikit in that game. EVER. That means that the platinum is impossible. SCREW THIS GAME AND MYSELF FOR SPENDING $60 ON IT. 1f621.png

It's not impossible forever, just delete your save if you can't figure anything else out. 

Or just restart the level? Unless the cage isn't there to move anymore you should be able to try again by restarting the level. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

First off, I want to apologize to everyone I upset by cussing out loud. I had no right to yell about a trivial game.

Second, @Kent10201, I did restart the level from the beginning, chose Free Play, got to the same point, the glitch happened again. I know that it was a digital download so it wasn't anything wrong with the game, but maybe it's just user error. I can delete the game and redownload it to see if that will fix the problem but for now I will put it on the back burner until I platinum the original LEGO Marvel game since I know that game has no issues(aside for janky flight controls making the flying races difficult). Thanks for your advice but I am not really into deleting the save as that would mean having to go through Story Mode again.

11 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

First off, I want to apologize to everyone I upset by cussing out loud. I had no right to yell about a trivial game.

Second, @Kent10201, I did restart the level from the beginning, chose Free Play, got to the same point, the glitch happened again. I know that it was a digital download so it wasn't anything wrong with the game, but maybe it's just user error. I can delete the game and redownload it to see if that will fix the problem but for now I will put it on the back burner until I platinum the original LEGO Marvel game since I know that game has no issues(aside for janky flight controls making the flying races difficult). Thanks for your advice but I am not really into deleting the save as that would mean having to go through Story Mode again.

Sorry to hear about that. Glitches suck! Everyone needs to vent now and then; so don't worry too much about showing some frustration. That's part of the experience of trophy hunting and we've all seen it before from ourselves or will sooner or later. In some ways, this is why I don't feel bad about exploiting beneficial glitches. They balance out some of the BS that comes up when negative glitches happen. My most recent glitch was Titanfall 2 and it required almost a full playthrough to get back to the point where I could try a trophy that takes two seconds to do on the final level. Although, I liked the game, I was not happy at all about having an unnecessary replay of it. 

My advice echoes Kent's. When you're ready to try again, delete your save and uninstall. Re-download and try again. 

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

@CJ_Mystery It's not what you want to do, it's what you may have to do if you want to get the platinum. Glitches suck and a lot of the time the only way to fix them sometimes is to delete the save. I understand you not wanting to replay the story mode after you just did it but don't let it discourage you on going back and platting it in the future, especially since you managed to get through it in a single day. 

Thanks for all the support. I am not walking away, I am just putting it aside for a while. I'll come back to it. Here is my attack plan:

* Try again to see if it was just a weird glitch and see if it works.

* Uninstall the game and redownload to see if it's just a fluke.

* And if all else fails, I will delete my save. But this is a last resort.

6 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Thanks for all the support. I am not walking away, I am just putting it aside for a while. I'll come back to it. Here is my attack plan:

* Try again to see if it was just a weird glitch and see if it works.

* Uninstall the game and redownload to see if it's just a fluke.

* And if all else fails, I will delete my save. But this is a last resort.

In your case, I think the uninstall will do it. When you complete a trophy but it's not popping, I'd blame the save file. But yours seems more like the game is not doing something it should which is preventing a trophy. 

@CJ_Mystery Yep. We've all been there. Couldn't tell you how many times I've ranted over games since I started. ?

Side note: I haven't been playing much since my last post. Been nursing my sprain still and on my good days (and days off), I have just been grinding away for crowns on Monster Hunter World. Only nine left!! I want to make it platinum 200 because to me, that's a hell of a game to have as a milestone. I do however plan to start Ratchet and Clank at some point today. :) 

• Like 1

Started my Bonus Game playthrough last night of Castlevania SOFN. Made it just a little past the beginning stage but managed to unlock to a few more achievements.  I managed to get through the prologue boss with out taking any damage and using magic without getting hit. It also amazes me that even after all this time I still remember where all the hidden powerups are. So including my previous score I now am up to 40% complete. The rest will take some time as I have to find all 200% of both castles. Also made it through region 6 in Baseball Riot. Now working on the trophies for that region. May take awhile since one is getting three stars in all stages and the other is getting all the enemies and stars in one swing. Not an easy task to be sure.

80/200 points  40%

s01.jpg Rampage2611.png 5 gp-g.png
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using the standard weapons without getting hit.  
s02.jpg Apprentice2611.png 5 gp-g.png
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using only magic without getting hit.  
s03.jpg Weapon Master2611.png 10 gp-g.png
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using special weapons without getting hit.  
s04.jpg Changeling2611.png 10 gp-g.png
Obtain the Bat, Wolf and Mist transformations.  
s05.jpg Familiar2611.png 10 gp-g.png
Collect all five familiars in the game.  
s06.jpg Demon Slayer2611.png 10 gp-g.png
Defeat Gaibon and Slorga.  
s07.jpg Bloodlines2611.png 10 gp-g.png
Defeat Dracula in the Bloodlines stage without getting hit.  
s08.jpg Warlock 15 gp-g.png
Unlock/Cast all eight of Alucard's spells.  
s09.jpg Topsy Turvy2611.png 20 gp-g.png
Unlock the Inverted Castle.  
s10.jpg Money Bags 25 gp-g.png
Collect a bank of $100,000.  
s11.jpg Seeker 35 gp-g.png
Explore 200.6% of the game.  
s12.jpg Belmont's Revenge

45 gp-g.png

Finish the game, including the inverted castle, as Richter.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Got an impulse and just grabbed Shantae Half-Genie Hero and the Costume Pack... and now my frustration is at Rage-Quit levels with the new modes! They are so f'king difficult! Then again, it's been moons since I played Half-Genie Hero so I sort of forgot how to play. xD Officer Mode has some sick chiptunes for the levels, might make me platinum a Mighty Switch Force game. :D

Will update later today, going back to LEGO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Got an impulse and just grabbed Shantae Half-Genie Hero and the Costume Pack... and now my frustration is at Rage-Quit levels with the new modes! They are so f'king difficult! Then again, it's been moons since I played Half-Genie Hero so I sort of forgot how to play. xD Officer Mode has some sick chiptunes for the levels, might make me platinum a Mighty Switch Force game. :D

Will update later today, going back to LEGO.

Some days you just need to walk away!  I've had those days where every game was a challenge! :awesome:

26 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

lol @kingofbattle8174 Castlevania has an achievement to explore 200,6% of the game?! :D sounds crazy but i think you've seen every detail there is to reach that far right? :D

Yes it does. That is both regular and the inverted castle. I was pretty close from what I remember of my last playthrough. But it is literally finding each little crack or piece of ceiling that you may not have uncovered by the time you reach the final boss. It can be a pain.

To everyone who gave me support during my crisis, thanks. I managed to fix the bug in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 after reinstalling the game. Turns out you have to hold down on the controller as the skeleton is dancing in the cage or the game glitches. I held down on the analog stick while using telekinesis and the cage finally dropped. I'm sort of mad that they didn't beta test this and fix it. ?

Thankfully it spared me having to swap back to the original LEGO Marvel. I don't hate that game but the flight controls are janky and I was getting bored of doing Free Play in that game because this is the umpteenth time I've platted it. A little Shantae fixed me up. :D

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Finally, I managed to clear Croixleur Sigma's Dungeon Mode, but have not reached the local leaderboards, there, did not get the platinum, yet. I've been trying to platinum this game on my Vita, but yesterday I cross saved with my PS4, and it looked like I performed way better than on my Vita. To get to the leaderboards I had to get less than 40 minutes (I had 35 minutes) and a score of 4 million points. However, I only managed to get 2 million. That is because you can die twice in the Dungeon, and every time you die, your score gets a reset. Even though on the last floors, you get lots of points, I was very cautious and had to hit and run a lot, which doesn't help with combo scores. I guess I'll try to complete this game on the PS4, rather on the Vita.

Which means I have no game to play on my Vita for this event. That said, I will add the following game for Spring Flowers, which is... TEARAWAY! :D Just started this morning and liked it. The perfect game to play on the bus right now! And it is not hard and long to platinum at all. Haven't grabbed Gravity Rush yet, but been doing some sidequests and collectibles for Watch Dogs.

April 11, early 12:

• Spring Chicken: LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4(PS4): Complete
  • Spring Cleaning: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7(PS4): Complete
  • Spring into Action: LEGO Marvel Superheroes @#*!: N/A
  • Easter Egg Game: LEGO City Undercover: 18% (12/49)

The current status of my third Spring Fling game is unstable right now. For the record, I have 20/46 trophies out of the base LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 game(not going to complete it 100% this month unless I want to end up with almost no money in my bank account AGAIN :() but I am encountering a running troll - every time I complete a level, if it doesn't glitch up on me and make me restart, I end up missing a minikit EVEN WITH THE BLASTED MINIKIT FINDER ACTIVATED AND FOLLOWING A VIDEO GUIDE! Thus I have to replay every story level in Free Play 20 times to get 100%! *raaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!*

On the other hand, the original LEGO Marvel Superheroes is boring as hell to do Free Play in and the flying races are BS as they mapped flight stop to the same button as going down in altitude... and unlike other the future LEGO games, there is no option to use the right analog stick to correct your altitude, you have to use Circle Button to lower yourself and when you are as twitchy-fingered as I, you inevitably accidentally fall to your doom at a critical point and fail a race between you lost all your time. *RAAAAAAAAAAAH!!*

Part of me is tempted to just delete both of games until July and go back to my original plan to use LEGO Star Wars the Force Awakens as my Spring into Action title. ?

1360723016839513.jpg

(Sorry if I am spitting fire right now, but I wish I hadn't platinumed LEGO Marvel Avengers as it is by far the easiest of the LEGO Marvel games to plat and I would have used it instead. I was hyped about LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 only to find that I wasted $60 on a buggy mess and a game I was reluctant to revisit when I could have been playing Ni No Kuni 2 and platinumed THAT game (and enjoyed it) in the same two weeks. WHY?! Shantae gives me less trouble, and I hate that game too because of all of the RNG! I'm almost ready to send a hate e-mail to Traveler Tales for their laisse-faire attitude towards this series. *sigh* :( This is just my opinion, if you had enjoyed the LEGO Marvel Superheroes games, please forgive me for trolling your favorite games through the dirt but tell me if you had zero issues with LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. Maybe it's time to replace my PS4.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

@CJ_Mystery Damn, and I thought I was angry after ranting about Yooka-Laylee :D .

Don't worry, there's no need to apologize, even if LEGO Marvel Superheroes 1 or 2 could be someone's favorite game. You have nothing but trouble with it and don't enjoy it that much, so it's your right to be pissed. There's nothing more frustrating than glitches, bugs, or stupid controls in videogames. Especially in LEGO games, where it takes a while to collect everything.

It might be better to take a break and play something else to have fun again, before you torture yourself too much.

Hey @2G53 could you add Assassin's Creed III  as my Spring Loaded pick? it fits perfectly this category (helloooo hidden blades :ninja:), I need a break of Pandora Tomorrow since I found out I will need another playtrought for the plat, it looks like the game auto save every time you die wich screws any chance of getting the Samaritan  trophy, neither using a previous save data or turning off the console will avoid this, wich imo is kinda bullshit, it's on of those trophies developers put in games just to annoy everyone :angry:... still I will get the trophy (using a backup save from PS Plus or usbs since the only way of fixing any death you had), but right now I don't have much time to play 'cause work and collage and I really really want to play Assassin's Creed III and enjoy it as much as I can ^_^

@Uchiha_Snake__ i have a little advice for you which should make your Splinter Cell playthrough a bit easier... when i played Splinter Cell 1-3 i reloaded my latest save pretty much right away when i was spotted and i was surprised i got the low/no death trophy on my first playthrough even though i was sure i died too many times in Splinter Cell 1... but it seems that if you reload a save before the "mission failed" is displayed it doesn't count as a death even if your HP is at cero... i got the Plat for Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory after 2 playthroughs each, only the first Splinter Cell glitched on me several times (low kill amount, no alarm) so i needed 9 playthroughs in total for that one :( ...

Edited by Evil_Joker88

So Mein Leben.....yeah, not what I expected. Upgrading all of my perks, outside of getting the trophy, is meaningless, because there is no chapter select in this game, and there is no NG+, both of which I was banking on. So in order to do Mein Leben, I have to be super good.

And I started...and I killed the first Nazi..then the second...then the third, even though he was a tricky devil. The body counts kept piling up. Numerous times, I'd be close to death, but somehow I'd find health and spring back. Every now and then, I'd pause the game to keep my thumbs from bleeding. 100 Nazis dead...1000.....and then, the dreaded courthouse scene...for those of you who have played the game, you know what scene I am referring to. I died. And now I have to start all over. Not from where I left off. But from the very beginning. Of. The. Game.

This is going to be rough, and frustrating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

@Uchiha_Snake__ i have a little advice for you which should make your Splinter Cell playthrough a bit easier... when i played Splinter Cell 1-3 i reloaded my latest save pretty much right away when i was spotted and i was surprised i got the low/no death trophy on my first playthrough even though i was sure i died too many times in Splinter Cell 1... but it seems that if you reload a save before the "mission failed" is displayed it doesn't count as a death even if your HP is at cero... i got the Plat for Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory after 2 playthroughs each, only the first Splinter Cell glitched on me several times (low kill amount, no alarm) so i needed 9 playthroughs in total for that one :( ...

Thanks for the tip, idk the game is kinda glitchy because I'm sure i died more than 3 times in my 1st playtrought (not killed by enemies but enviroment tho...) and I still receive the trophy awarded for die less than 3 times ?... I will get the plat eventually, when I finally got some time this weekend I'll finish my 2nd playtrought and get ready for the non-death one

55 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So Mein Leben.....yeah, not what I expected. Upgrading all of my perks, outside of getting the trophy, is meaningless, because there is no chapter select in this game, and there is no NG+, both of which I was banking on. So in order to do Mein Leben, I have to be super good.

And I started...and I killed the first Nazi..then the second...then the third, even though he was a tricky devil. The body counts kept piling up. Numerous times, I'd be close to death, but somehow I'd find health and spring back. Every now and then, I'd pause the game to keep my thumbs from bleeding. 100 Nazis dead...1000.....and then, the dreaded courthouse scene...for those of you who have played the game, you know what scene I am referring to. I died. And now I have to start all over. Not from where I left off. But from the very beginning. Of. The. Game.

This is going to be rough, and frustrating.

Can't you back up your save file from time to time? That way you don't have to start from the very beginning again.

35 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Can't you back up your save file from time to time? That way you don't have to start from the very beginning again.

Mein Leben doesn't have the option to save. You need to beat the entire game in a single session, without dying. The only breaks you can have are when you pause the game. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

@CJ_Mystery Damn, and I thought I was angry after ranting about Yooka-Laylee :D .

Don't worry, there's no need to apologize, even if LEGO Marvel Superheroes 1 or 2 could be someone's favorite game. You have nothing but trouble with it and don't enjoy it that much, so it's your right to be pissed. There's nothing more frustrating than glitches, bugs, or stupid controls in videogames. Especially in LEGO games, where it takes a while to collect everything.

It might be better to take a break and play something else to have fun again, before you torture yourself too much.

Yeah, you have a point. If it gets too much I'll go back to Dark Cloud 2 - I need to get more Moonflower Palace medals so I can finally move onto the secret chapter and get that Medal Head trophy. Getting medals there isn't as bad because you know what you have to do. But anyways, I have sort of fixed things and come up with a strategy - for now I'll just focus on the overworld collectibles.

First off, I need to find out if just getting the platinum for LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 counts for the event. I am getting closer to the platinum of the original Marvel Superheroes game, just need to do nine more 100% Free Play levels and gather more gold bricks to get the rest of the Deadpool levels, so I could use that for my entry, but I do love exploring Chronopolis.