Spring Fling!

38 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

First off, I need to find out if just getting the platinum for LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 counts for the event.

If the main game fits the category you chose then yes the platinum is enough... if you'd have the plat before this event but the game has dlc trophies you'd need to go for 100% trophies to make it count :)

@Uchiha_Snake__ glad to hear you've made it through :) good luck for your next playthrough

Edited by Evil_Joker88

9 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So Mein Leben.....yeah, not what I expected. Upgrading all of my perks, outside of getting the trophy, is meaningless, because there is no chapter select in this game, and there is no NG+, both of which I was banking on. So in order to do Mein Leben, I have to be super good.

And I started...and I killed the first Nazi..then the second...then the third, even though he was a tricky devil. The body counts kept piling up. Numerous times, I'd be close to death, but somehow I'd find health and spring back. Every now and then, I'd pause the game to keep my thumbs from bleeding. 100 Nazis dead...1000.....and then, the dreaded courthouse scene...for those of you who have played the game, you know what scene I am referring to. I died. And now I have to start all over. Not from where I left off. But from the very beginning. Of. The. Game.

This is going to be rough, and frustrating.

I've read that the courthouse is one of the big barriers on Mein Leben runs, good luck mate it's a monster of a challenge for sure

For the event I'm still plugging away at AC Unity, but I keep getting distracted by Trackmania Turbo, it is great fun if frustrating when you have to redo a level several times. It's cool though being able to see your psn friends times and how you compare to them level by level. Far Cry 5 arived in the mail yesterday so I'll start playing that very soon been looking forward to it!

Edited by Dessane

9 minutes ago, Dessane said:

I've read that the courthouse is one of the big barriers on Mein Leben runs, good luck mate it's a monster of a challenge for sure

For the event I'm still plugging away at AC Unity, but I keep getting distracted by Trackmania Turbo, it is great fun if frustrating when you have to redo a level several times. It's cool though being able to see your psn friends times and how you compare to them level by level. Far Cry 5 arived in the mail yesterday so I'll start playing that very soon been looking forward to it!

Yeah people don’t like the penthouse section either but for me that is easy because I have the arsenal of weapons I am comfortable with. But in the courthouse section, it’s one weapon, very little cover, with enemies coming at you from all sides.

• Like 1

Update:

Favorite moment from Unwritten Tales today:

Go to pick up an item and an NPC asks why I want it. One of my speech options was "the walkthrough told me to pick it up".

Still working on my first two games. I'm behind schedule but I'm confident I can finish on time :) 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Update:

Go to pick up an item and an NPC asks why I want it. One of my speech options was "the walkthrough told me to pick it up".

Still working on my first two games. I'm behind schedule but I'm confident I can finish on time :) 

Haha!

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Update:

Haha that is a good one.

April 12:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: :platinum:
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: :platinum:
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: 78% (31/46)
  • LEGO City Undercover: 18% (12/49)

For the record, the percentage for LEGO Marvel Supeheroes 2 is for the base game, not the DLC as well. I am very low on free money and don't want to spend it on DLC packs this month. I do intend on buying the DLC for this and the LEGO Star Wars game next month.

After playing both games for a while, I have come to realize that I am closer to 100% Chronopolis than I am the original Manhattan in the original LEGO Marvel Superheroes. There are some bad things in the sequel: The races are even more bullcrap than the original - you are restricted to a certain vehicle or character which  means you have to learn their controls, and new vehicles are only unlocked by completing acheivement-like "Challenges" which means I wasn't able to beat the motorcycle races until I got a few challenges and earned Black Widow's motorcycle. Sadly, Black Widow's reference in the game is so minimal(she's in the propaganda billboards that have her being stepped on by Kang and her bike is in the game) that it makes me cry. Also, no Hawkeye or SHIELD and no X-Men like there were in the original game. It's like they hate the X-Men.

On the other hand, I do like how this game puts all of the obscure heroes in a much bigger role, like Wasp and Captain Marvel, who is really cool. Though Miss Marvel is going to be my waifu since she loves video games as much as I do. ^_^

Also, the one bright point in all of the bullcrap of the races and puzzles in Chronopolis... one of the puzzles in post-apocalyptic Asgard is one where you helped a woman host her own amateur cooking show. xD

All in all, I am going to just knock out the rest of the free play episodes in this game and just soldier on until I get this stupid platinum. Then I will stop trophy hunting for a few hours(playing some Wizard101 with their new updates) and then I'll work on something else like Dark Cloud 2 for a while before I finish tackling the platinum in the original LEGO Marvel Superheroes. Ciao!

10 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Update:

I should go back and platinum that game. The only thing holding me back is redoing the stupid dice game. :(

Edited by CJ_Mystery

On 4/10/2018 at 5:34 PM, Kent10201 said:

@2G53 Awesome to see you doing Nioh. I need someone to talk to about how awesome it is. :D

By the way, I have tips for Hino-enma. I'll post them when I have a few extra minutes. 

I played around and was trying to relearn the controls for the game last night.after I did that, I went back to attempting Hino-Enma. She killed me a bunch again, but I think it's because I kept accidentally hitting :circle: to dodge instead of :cross: because of Bloodborne being so recent. At the end of the night, I decided to give up on her. I was going to use one of the fragments that let you leave a mission, but saw the co-op cup thing. I thought the game was pretty dead and also being late I wouldn't see anyone, but I gave it a try. Pretty much right away, someone joined up; and, together, we killed her really fast. I'm sure they did most of the damage, but we alternated hits really well so she was constantly turning around trying to decide which one of us to actually attack. Anyway, I'm past her now. So I can move on and get more familiar with the game during a easier side mission. 

Edited by 2G53
excessive typos.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

I played around and was trying to relearn the controls for the game last night.after I did that, I went back to attempting Hino-Enma. She killed me a bunch again, but I think it's because I kept accidentally hitting :circle: to dodge instead of :cross: because of Bloodborne being so recent. At the end of the night, I decided to give up on her. I was going to use one of the fragments that let you leave a mission, but saw the co-op cup thing. I thought the game was pretty dead and also being late I wouldn't see anyone, but I gave it a try. Pretty much right away, someone joined up; and, together, we killed her really fast. I'm sure they did most of the damage, but we alternated hits really well so she was constantly turning around trying to decide which one of us to actually attack. Anyway, I'm past her now. So I can move on and get more familiar with the game during a easier side mission. 

Congrats! High stance spear is my go to as it allows you to keep distance while still doing a lot of damage. It seems to work for most enemies and bosses. 

Just now, Kent10201 said:

Congrats! High stance spear is my go to as it allows you to keep distance while still doing a lot of damage. It seems to work for most enemies and bosses. 

I have been playing with spear and medium armor so far. My best attempts on her were with high stance like you suggested. How do I switch between weapons on the fly again? Like from bow to rifle without going back to a menu. 

24 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

I have been playing with spear and medium armor so far. My best attempts on her were with high stance like you suggested. How do I switch between weapons on the fly again? Like from bow to rifle without going back to a menu. 

For melee weapons left and right on the D Pad. For ranged weapons L1 and left and right on the D Pad. At least I think that's correct. It's been a while since I last played it. xD

10 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@CJ_Mystery I see you like LEGO games.  What are your 3 favorite titles?

I guess if I had to say it, I would say LEGO Dimensions(which I won't be putting on this account unless I win the lottery as all of the required packs needed to get 100% cost more than Fort Knox because they are highway robbers and while I can get the platinum, all of the extra trophies for other packs are insane :P), LEGO Batman 3 for the PS4 and LEGO The Hobbit because it was an easy platinum to get(but I feel like they should have held out until the third Hobbit movie came out so they could add five levels based on the last movie).

Anyways, now that you mention it, it's time for an update!

April 13 (so far, I am still working on it)

• LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: 82% (33/46)

I have paced this game farther in completion than its predecessor. So far I have 100% in the following:

1. All Free Play collectibles (I thought I had missed a character token in Level 14 and ended up glitching someone trying to get it)
  2. All of Manhattan
  3. All of Kun-Lun
  4. All of Nueva York
  5. All of the Old West
  6. All of Knowhere
  7. All of Kang's Citadel
  8. All but three Gwenpool missions
  9. The following challenges: Billboard Day, Cartographer, The People's Hero, Aerial Avenger, Guided Tour, Antifreezer

Also my stats:

• 200/200 Minikits (got Comic Book Collector trophy just a few minutes ago)
  • 162/236 character tokens
  • 7/10 Pink Bricks
  • 173/255 Gold Bricks
  • 27/30 True Believers (still need the ones from the Gwenpool missions)
  • 41/50 Stan Lees rescued
  • 13/14 Gold Brick Monuments (first thing I will do is build that last monument since I am sure I have enough gold bricks for it)
  • Percentage complete: 82.3%

All I have left is clean-up: Get those last three Gwenpool Missions(which require you do missions in the overworld to unlock certain characters), then do the remaining challenges while cleaning up the remaining parts of Chronopolis in puzzles, Stan Lees and whatnot. Once that's done, I am almost at 100% and pretty much in the home stretch. For all the sh** I gave this game, it is a fun game.

Oh, and I took their online survey and reported the glitches I mentioned to them so they'll hopefully catch them in their next title, which I heard is a LEGO version of the two The Incredibles movies.

PS: Discovered trophy lists for two more DLC packs, so there are now six packs. :( I will spend a little money on two DLC levels after I get the platinum so I can get closer to deleting the game off of my PS4.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

So, I will be changing my Spring Rolls selection. I started AC: Chronicles, but I'm really not into the gameplay in it so I'll switch it to one of the most underrated PS3 games out there.

L8927e6.png

Sci-fi versions of Buddist and Hindu gods in an all-out war.

Also, still looking for a Spring Loaded game; haven't found anything for that yet.

• Like 1

UPDATE! Just finished Ratchet and Clank. I had so much fun playing this! That makes my three picks complete. If I don't get called into work tomorrow, I'll be starting my bonus game. Been wanting to play X-Men Origins Wolverine again for years now so I'm super excited! :) 

• Like 2

April 14 early morning

• LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: 87% (36/46)

My completion rate for this game is at the home stretch. Just completed the last 100% in Free Play(with the final Gwenpool Mission) and am at 92.5%, finished that one van-restricted race which has you go through 55 rings, kept losing my van because it ran into the railing of the roads but eventually got it. Now I need to get some much needed sleep and then I'll get the platinum in the morning.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

6 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

UPDATE! Just finished Ratchet and Clank. I had so much fun playing this! That makes my three picks complete. If I don't get called into work tomorrow, I'll be starting my bonus game. Been wanting to play X-Men Origins Wolverine again for years now so I'm super excited! :) 

That was a great game, I may have to myself someday since I have a 360 again to 100% it. Im pretty sure all I have left is finding all the dog tags. Which is a chore.

I am proud of my own progress on several games yesterday. Almost completed chapter 3 in The Wolf Among Us. It was a little awkward though in a certain part in chapter 2. I wasnt expecting it and my wife was sitting with me reading. She didn't say anything though. I also made to the half way point in Lost Sphear. The game is so cruel. After you defeat what you think is the final boss is goes to the credits but the story actually continues if you reload the game from your save. And that is where I am at.

Lost Sphear - 37%> 50%

Among the Sleep - 1f4af.png

The Wolf Among Us - 15%> 29%

It's Spring Again - 1f4af.png

Baseball Riot - 50%> 80%

Midnight Deluxe - :platinum:

BONUS:  Castlevania SOTN - 32%> 40%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

That was a great game, I may have to myself someday since I have a 360 again to 100% it. Im pretty sure all I have left is finding all the dog tags. Which is a chore.

I got 100% back in the day on 360 and I deeply regret trading in my copy. :( That was before I started collecting and keeping hard copies though but still.. It saddens me. Don't think I had any issue finding the dog tags though. Pretty sure I never used a guide either haha. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Plus I'm sure there is a collectible guide for it somewhere out there. 

Btw, nice event progress! ?

• Like 1

Time for my Saturday update!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/37db64/L55e1b0.png

Spring Chicken: South Park: The Stick of Truth

0% → 98%

So. I missed a missable weapon :( Damn that basketball! Lucky for me though, I had a save in the section where I missed the weapon, so now I just gotta play through the last act of the game and I'll have that plat. It sucks that I missed a single weapon and made this plat longer, but I got lucky and the game is short anyway :)

• Like 2

April 14, 2018

• LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: :platinum::yay:

I finally platinumed my third game! Thank Galactus! ?

This was one painful ride, but in the end it was worth it because they had some really funny stuff, and the last trophy I got before hitting the 100% Stud Fountain was getting the final character token, which involved judging a rap battle tournament. Most rewarding thing ever. :D

Now, if you excuse me, I am going to go make dinner, call my dad to beg him to take me for a snack run tomorrow, and then play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and bleach my brain of this game so I can be well prepared to finish up my bonus game. I just want to take a break from LEGO games for a while. When does this event end again?

(Yes, there is DLC, but I will get that in May long after I've platinumed LEGO Marvel Superheroes the first, Dark Cloud 2 and whatever else there is.)

• Like 1

Update:

Finished my first game! Murdered Soul Suspect has officially been platted.

I really enjoyed the game. Sure, it had a few glitches and no mini-map for the collectibles, but it had a great story that I didn't see coming. The collectibles were also very fun to collect and most of them I got without even using a guide. They played around with quite a few mechanics and I love the ones around investigations, but the demon killing mechanic got repetitive pretty quickly.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

April 14, 2018

• LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: :platinum::yay:

I finally platinumed my third game! Thank Galactus! ?

This was one painful ride, but in the end it was worth it because they had some really funny stuff, and the last trophy I got before hitting the 100% Stud Fountain was getting the final character token, which involved judging a rap battle tournament. Most rewarding thing ever. :D

Now, if you excuse me, I am going to go make dinner, call my dad to beg him to take me for a snack run tomorrow, and then play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and bleach my brain of this game so I can be well prepared to finish up my bonus game. I just want to take a break from LEGO games for a while. When does this event end again?

(Yes, there is DLC, but I will get that in May long after I've platinumed LEGO Marvel Superheroes the first, Dark Cloud 2 and whatever else there is.)

May 14th

Haven't posted much in the way of updates because I'm really still just slowly chipping away at my games.  Made some decent progress in Exist Archive, but right now I'm mostly working on 100%ing the available dungeons for the moment to grind for affection, levels and equipment drops because the bosses in the dungeons in chapter 11 are seriously hard.  I'm getting closer to the end though.  This game is definitely a huge grind and very stingy with trophies, but it's also strangely addictive and pretty fun.

Made a tiny bit of progress in The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.  I admit, I'm not as motivated to play this one because it's just not as good as the first one.  Also, Exist Archive and Umineko are pretty fun, so it ends up being ignored in favor of the others.  I've also made little progress in Tokyo Xanadu, but that's more me being too lazy to swap games in the Vita than me disliking the game.  It's definitely going to get played more once I finish Exist Archive.

I've also made some decent progress in Umineko.  That game is seriously really good.  Definitely would recommend it along with the Higarashi games to anyone else who plays on PC and likes VNs.  They are kinetic novels, so all you need to do to complete them is read the story and the side stuff, but the story is so good and it does a great job showing how the kinetic novel format can really add to a great story because a big part of what makes these games especially creepy is the music and sound effects along with the visuals.  It's also pretty long.  There are 4 episodes in the part I'm playing (8 in total with the answer arcs, but I don't own that yet).  I'm not even done with episode 2 and have 16 hours of playtime.  Have a feeling that the next sale that comes up I'm buying the answer arcs kind of like how I'll probably buy chapter 6 of Higarashi the moment it comes out.

• Like 2