Spring Fling!

On 4/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, xMissFantasy said:

I got 100% back in the day on 360 and I deeply regret trading in my copy. :( That was before I started collecting and keeping hard copies though but still.. It saddens me. Don't think I had any issue finding the dog tags though. Pretty sure I never used a guide either haha. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Plus I'm sure there is a collectible guide for it somewhere out there. 

Btw, nice event progress! 1f44c.png

I think I was down to the last handful. It ended up being one of many games on my 360 I was just short of the 100%. I just got a 360 back so I may try to get some of these completed. Thanks too, I have been over doing it maybe and may take a break fpr a fee days. Got some new library books to get through.

16 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Update:

Finished my first game! Murdered Soul Suspect has officially been platted.

I really enjoyed the game. Sure, it had a few glitches and no mini-map for the collectibles, but it had a great story that I didn't see coming. The collectibles were also very fun to collect and most of them I got without even using a guide. They played around with quite a few mechanics and I love the ones around investigations, but the demon killing mechanic got repetitive pretty quickly.

I have that game coming up soon. It was one of the first games I bought but never finished it. I just got it again recently so I can beat it to help raise my completion rate. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Update:

Finished my first game! Murdered Soul Suspect has officially been platted.

I really enjoyed the game. Sure, it had a few glitches and no mini-map for the collectibles, but it had a great story that I didn't see coming. The collectibles were also very fun to collect and most of them I got without even using a guide. They played around with quite a few mechanics and I love the ones around investigations, but the demon killing mechanic got repetitive pretty quickly.

Grats on finishing your game! That game was my very first purchase on the PS store. It enjoyed it a lot. I didn't see the twist at the end coming either. I replayed it for the platinum last Halloween. I agree with you about the demons. There is really only one part that I was frustrated by them but it was because there were 5 or 6 in the same room. I'm sure you know. Haha

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Grats on finishing your game! That game was my very first purchase on the PS store. It enjoyed it a lot. I didn't see the twist at the end coming either. I replayed it for the platinum last Halloween. I agree with you about the demons. There is really only one part that I was frustrated by them but it was because there were 5 or 6 in the same room. I'm sure you know. Haha

Oh yes! The last one where they didn't give you any hiding places and had 4 demons and, if you died, you had to do all 4 again. I get what they were going for by making you be more strategic but doing that as the last encounter felt very forced. 

31 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Oh yes! The last one where they didn't give you any hiding places and had 4 demons and, if you died, you had to do all 4 again. I get what they were going for by making you be more strategic but doing that as the last encounter felt very forced. 

Just four? Oh jeez. I felt like they were everywhere. 

27 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/37db64/L55e1b0.png

Spring Chicken: South Park: The Stick of Truth

98% → 100% :platinum:

And there it is. Finally :D

Congrats! How's Stick of Truth compared to The Fractured but Whole? I loved the latter so I want to see if the former is just at good. 

Edited by Kent10201

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Congrats! How's Stick of Truth compared to The Fractured but Whole? I loved the latter so I want to see if the former is just at good. 

Ya know, it's kind of a toss up. Like I personally think playing FBW is more fun, but I think SOT is waaaaaaay funnier and I think I enoy it more. But then the guy I'm seeing says he thought FBW was both funnier and more fun to play. The conclusion I've come to is that if you play RPGs and know of all the tropes you'll probably enjoy SOT better, but if you like super heroes you're probably more of a FBW person. If you like both? Well then both are for you ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Ya know, it's kind of a toss up. Like I personally think playing FBW is more fun, but I think SOT is waaaaaaay funnier and I think I enoy it more. But then the guy I'm seeing says he thought FBW was both funnier and more fun to play. The conclusion I've come to is that if you play RPGs and know of all the tropes you'll probably enjoy SOT better, but if you like super heroes you're probably more of a FBW person. If you like both? Well then both are for you ;)

I like both so I'm looking forward to going back and playing Stick of Truth. Thanks for the input. :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I like both so I'm looking forward to going back and playing Stick of Truth. Thanks for the input. :D

Stan's win pose is even based off of Sora's win pose in the Colosseum in KH1, so SOT is clearly for people like you and me ;) (And Sora's pose is based off of Cloud's, but that's not the point lol)

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 1

Gah! I was hoping to finish Oceanhorn tonight, but I can't catch the friggin' botfish. Two hours spent on something that could take 1 minute if everything goes well. It drives me up the wall! The same could be said about the Becomes the Master trophy in Titanfall 2 but that was skill based. I just took time to get good enough. This fish trophy appears to be just dumb luck. Just have to wait for the magical botfish that doesnt put up much of a fight. I think CJ warned me about the ghost fish but he was easy peasy by comparison.

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

You know, I'm tempted to plat the Fractured But Whole. After the clusterf'k that was LEGO Marvel Superheroes I feel like moving to South Park and having a cuss-off with Cartman. xD

It was my fault for jumping into the original after platting LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, but I was able to clean it up really fast until the end where I missed that stupid race that's high in the air. I don't think I can handle playing LEGO City Undercover, at least not on the PS4, for a while. (I have it on the Switch and can play it casually there. I bought that version so I could take a picture of the Easter Eggs.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

8 hours ago, 2G53 said:

Gah! I was hoping to finish Oceanhorn tonight, but I can't catch the friggin' botfish. Two hours spent on something that could take 1 minute if everything goes well. It drives me up the wall! The same could be said about the Becomes the Master trophy in Titanfall 2 but that was skill based. I just took time to get good enough. This fish trophy appears to be just dumb luck. Just have to wait for the magical botfish that doesnt put up much of a fight. I think CJ warned me about the ghost fish but he was easy peasy by comparison.

The botfish was by far the worst for me too. I managed to snag one after about 8 attempts luckily. The ghost fish was easy and I did it in one attempt. Just flipped the controller upside down so controls were normal. Once I landed that Ghostfish though my platinum popped. I hadn't even fought Oceanhorn yet so I could have just shut it down and deleted it from my hard drive but I did go finish the fight anyways. Turns out that was much easier than catching the damn botfish too.

Saee74b.png   ☑️  Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4) - 100% complete

• Like 1

Finally an update of mine... I've been out for a while due to my "Atelier addiction" - when I start any game from Atelier series, I continue to keep playing JUST that game usually. Sometimes it is a bit "weaker" (like it was with Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis - both them were Platinumed by me this year), but at other times I just could not play any other thing instead... This also had happened this time with Atelier Escha & Logy Plus - besides a total of two hours of F1 2017 played last two weekends, and some "missions" in One Piece Pirate Warriors on weekdays, I hadn't played nothing but Atelier Escha & Logy... ?

Since I could finally finish this game, I think I will focus properly in One Piece by now... I think I will also recover my "weekly update standard" here...

Here's my status:

• Atelier Escha & Logy - :platinum:
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - 4%
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 51%
  • Like 1

Finished up gotg and batman telltale. I had to restart episode 5 twice in batman due to it freezing and screwing up my save. Was gonna start wolverine today but when I opened the case there was no disc inside. Searched everywhere but can't find it. No doubt it'll turn up as soon as I order a new copy. I restarted arkham knight instead, decided that's going to be my 275 milestone. I'll add it to here as my bonus game as it's full of Easter eggs to past games and the batman universe.

Edited by wolverine123

5 hours ago, donut_plz said:

The botfish was by far the worst for me too. I managed to snag one after about 8 attempts luckily. The ghost fish was easy and I did it in one attempt. Just flipped the controller upside down so controls were normal. Once I landed that Ghostfish though my platinum popped. I hadn't even fought Oceanhorn yet so I could have just shut it down and deleted it from my hard drive but I did go finish the fight anyways. Turns out that was much easier than catching the damn botfish too.

Saee74b.png   2611.png  Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4) - 100% complete

:o What sort of god are you?!? The Ghost Fish was probably my worst because I had to adjust for the reversed controls. At least they give you a second to get your bearings.

And yes, I did beat the final boss of this game the first time I played it, to be fair. Every time I platinum this game I quit and delete because I paid my lip service to the final boss. Teslagrad gets no such honors as the final endgame and boss were painful after having to deal with collecting all of the scrolls.

Started on Dark Cloud 2 again after a long hiatus. I have listed all of the stages I have to 100% and started from easiest challenges to the hardest. I've already cleared up a few stages. Once I max out the stats on Monica's Five-Star Armlet I will use it to farm monsters in Moonflower Palace so she can get her Gemron transformation to max level and clear all of the Monster Transformation challenges in Moonflower Palace. I just hit the grocery store so I have three pretzel rods, two boxes of Whoppers and four candy bars(Milky Way and 3 Musketeers) as well as 9 liters of Dr. Pepper(Diet, alack, as I am getting cavities again) so I should be good to go for the entire week and can marathon games for 144 hours straight. (J/K xD) I should be able to get the weapon-building trophies soon (already have Monica's Five-Star Armlet) and all of the current time attack and weapon-only medals completed by the day after tomorrow. Too bad I can't add games because I would definitely add Dark Cloud 2 as the "Spring Forward" entry as I have 50% Trophy completion there.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

I forgot to update percentages on the weekend. I'm doing it now! 

Alright that's done! Let me know if I messed up your lists. I feel  like maybe I missed a game change or two. 

Also, it finally let me update my name back. So for anyone that isn't familiar. 2G53 = Toogie53 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

Alright. I was out of it on Friday, so here's a Monday update. I spent most of my time on Oceanhorn over the weekend. But now that's wrapped up, I've officially done my three games for the main contest. Anything more is just gravy on top. I've worked on each game a little bit, but I'm going to focus on Agents of Mayhem for a bit. It is my Easter egg game. I have some captures of Easter eggs. I just need to upload them so I can post it here so you guys can see them.

• Transistor - :platinum:
  • Oceanhorn - 12% >>> :platinum:
  • Bloodborne - ?
  • Nioh - 4% >>> 5%
  • Metal Slug 3 - 19% >>> 47%
  • Hidden Agenda - 52% >>> 79%
  • Fallout 4 - 10%
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare - 12% >>> 13%
  • BONUS: Agents of Mayhem - 26%
Edited by 2G53
  • Like 2

Okay, so I'm totally being indecisive here and changing one of my games again.  I'm going to swap out The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 for CollarxMalice.  Same category of spring chicken though.  In CollarxMalice the protagonist is a rookie cop who is quite naive and she gets into a very dangerous situation.  Very nice little VN with an interesting case to try and solve.   I just don't have as much motivation to play The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 because it's so incredibly inferior to the first one.  I'll finish it eventually, it just is not as fun as the rest of my titles are.

And this is totally what happens when I get myself a bonus at work and a nice large tax refund.  Ended up splurging on 5 Vita VNs in total and grabbed Bad Apple Wars, Root Letter, Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms and Corpse Party: Blood Drive.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

And this is totally what happens when I get myself a bonus at work and a nice large tax refund.  Ended up splurging on 5 Vita VNs in total and grabbed Bad Apple Wars, Root Letter, Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms and Corpse Party: Blood Drive.

Not a bad problem to have. ?

@Toogie53 Just finished my bonus game. I am now finito with my picks for the event. :) Honestly, I wouldn't have had it done tonight if it wasn't for a rare freak snow/ice/rain storm (that basically lasted 3 days) that made my managers tell me to stay home. xD It's unfortunate because I obviously wanted to make money but it is what it is. 

@ladynadiad You just reminded me that I should go get my taxes done this week lol and also, I feel ya on that one; trying to attack the back log only to get more games and add on to it. Pretty sure that's going to be a forever on-going problem for us gamers. :P 

Everyone's making good progress though. Keep it up! ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xMissFantasy said:

@ladynadiad You just reminded me that I should go get my taxes done this week lol and also, I feel ya on that one; trying to attack the back log only to get more games and add on to it. Pretty sure that's going to be a forever on-going problem for us gamers. :P 

Yeah, you should!  Deadline for them is the 18th.