Spring Fling!

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Baseball Riot is now complete. The last area is very frustrating. You have to get 40 points total for the area which means clearing some sections with lives remaining. Glad to have it overwith. Not as terrible as some people said and for the most part enjoyed the challange.

I think I'd like this game. I played a really similar game on my iphone called Stupid Zombies. Replace bullets for baseballs and zombies with weird fans and you have Baseball Riot. 

So, I think I found a game I can use for Spring Loaded, but I need a ruling check. The category description mentions getting drunk / drunk characters. Then, would Chin from King of Fighters be eligible? He's literally a drunken master style fighter and one of his special moves is drinking alcohol. Just look at him.

latest?cb=20170525152900

If it fits, I'll put King of Fighters 2000 for my Spring Loaded category.

I thought I'd share this! I just found it after googling around about drunken master fighting styles. However, I think it could be really useful in the future for selecting games and getting ideas. 

Giant Bomb has a search function for game concepts. I searched the word drunk. It shows 133 games linked to this concept. I clicked view the list and I'm seeing stuff like South Park, GTA V, etc. I also noticed it linked directly to 79 characters. When I clicked on that, i got another list of specific pop culture characters that are known for being drunk. Chin is on the list. Along with Barney from the Simpsons, John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. etc. I've played with a few other keywords and it seems to work pretty well. Finding games about friendship could have been useful in The Love Boat, Games dealing with redemption could have been handy during Code of the Elves. etc. 

https://www.giantbomb.com/drunk-character/3015-3494/characters/

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I thought I'd share this! I just found it after googling around about drunken master fighting styles. However, I think it could be really useful in the future for selecting games and getting ideas. 

Giant Bomb has a search function for game concepts. I searched the word drunk. It shows 133 games linked to this concept. I clicked view the list and I'm seeing stuff like South Park, GTA V, etc. I also noticed it linked directly to 79 characters. When I clicked on that, i got another list of specific pop culture characters that are known for being drunk. Chin is on the list. Along with Barney from the Simpsons, John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. etc. I've played with a few other keywords and it seems to work pretty well. Finding games about friendship could have been useful in The Love Boat, Games dealing with redemption could have been handy during Code of the Elves. etc. 

I will have to keep that i mind for the next event. I cant wait to see what the options are for this summer.

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Because teenagers don't acknowledge drinking laws exist. 

30729674_116744785850406_889054611762053

Yeah, teens are rebels. xD (This is from the Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Costume Pack Officer Mode, where Shantae is cosplaying as a space cop from WayForward's other series, Mighty Switch Force. Hypno Baron and Squid Baron are pretending to be teens who snuck out at night and got caught by the police. BEST DUAL BARON BOSS INTRO EVER.)

Spoiler

Suddenly remembers that all of the girls(save Naoto, who wasn't discovered to be a girl at the time) all got high on the 'atmosphere' of a local bar while on their school field trip to the place where Persona 3 took place and it's revealed that the bar no longer serves booze after someone got killed in a drunk driving accident). xD

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Looks neat, but it also only seems to list reasonably popular stuff.  I can actually think of a bunch more characters known for getting drunk that aren't on that list, but they come from games that aren't as well-known.  For example, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel has Sara Valestin who is always getting drunk and even attempts to convince her students to drink with her, yet no mention of her and it's obviously because Legend of Heroes is a lesser known series.  So yeah, I'd say this is a good start, but far from an exhaustive list.

36 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Looks neat, but it also only seems to list reasonably popular stuff.  I can actually think of a bunch more characters known for getting drunk that aren't on that list, but they come from games that aren't as well-known.  For example, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel has Sara Valestin who is always getting drunk and even attempts to convince her students to drink with her, yet no mention of her and it's obviously because Legend of Heroes is a lesser known series.  So yeah, I'd say this is a good start, but far from an exhaustive list.

There is a The Legend of Heroes character on that list though. Scherazard, from the Trails in the Sky trilogy.

I do know some people who are refusing to play Cold Steel until they get the unlocalized games in English so that might be a reason why she isn't up there yet.

40 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

There is a The Legend of Heroes character on that list though. Scherazard, from the Trails in the Sky trilogy.

I do know some people who are refusing to play Cold Steel until they get the unlocalized games in English so that might be a reason why she isn't up there yet.

And to be quite honest, that's not a good reason to exclude things from a list like that which says a lot about the quality of the site.  Also, to be quite honest, I didn't even see Schera and I looked through the whole thing and was going WTF over the lack of Sara and Schera when every P4 protag was included over one scene where many of them didn't even intend on getting drunk.  If they are going with that broad of a definition of drunk characters, there's a rather large amount of characters missing.  Trails of Cold Steel was just one of the not completely obscure titles I could think of off the top of my head.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Good point! It is wiki style where their site readers are the ones tagging things.

4 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Update!!

Finished the Platinum for Sleeping Dogs, and (after a massive grind) finished World of Final Fantasy. I will be kinda slow knocking out the rest of my list because it's hockey playoff time, and I'll be watching as many games as I can.:D

I literally just updated your list. Haha. Nice job I'll go update you again.

I'm going to update everyone's list with the icons for the games instead of the text. I think it looks a little cooler. But for now, only @monkeydluffy512 is getting the special treatment. I'm finally off work and eager to get back to God of War. 

Edited by Toogie53

9 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Can I swap out my spring into action game from x men origins to god of war please. 

Looks like everyone is swapping out for God of War(not God of War HD, the port of the original GoW, but the newest iteration). xD

I don't blame them. This game is getting a lot of praise. But I bet Kratos cannot out-dance a half-genie! :D

Well anyways, I'll be back on the war path in the morning. My bonus game isn't gonna platinum itself. ;)

35 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Looks like everyone is swapping out for God of War(not God of War HD, the port of the original GoW, but the newest iteration). xD

I don't blame them. This game is getting a lot of praise. But I bet Kratos cannot out-dance a half-genie! :D

Well anyways, I'll be back on the war path in the morning. My bonus game isn't gonna platinum itself. ;)

Nah, I disliked the one game in the series I played and will never play another in the series.  I'll plat that one, but it's seriously only because I dislike leaving a game incomplete and someday I want to have a 100% profile on PSN.

Finished up Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. It becomes a fun shooter once you get your skills, weapons, and characters leveled up enough but the stupid gacha-based level up system makes it extremely annoying to actually get to that part. It's a decent game that could have been much better had they not made this ridiculous design decision and just went with a normal level up system.

Think I'll continue on with Atelier Firis next.

• Like 1

I finished CollarxMalice last night and it was really a very good VN.  There's a very solid trophy guide on here that has complete walkthroughs for every route, so it's not a hard plat and it had a great story and I truly enjoyed nearly all the routes.  It had good characters and an enjoyable mystery to figure out centered around terrorists and the crimes they were committing.  The game even really did a great job delving into the motives of the criminals and really trying to understand why all this was even happening.  I don't want to spoil the story, but it was a fun read and I'd highly recommend it to people who would enjoy a romance story mixed with a good mystery.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much chipping away at my other games.  Going to actually try to make some progress on Tokyo Xanadu this weekend and I've made some good progress on Exist Archive.  Not sure if I'll finish all my games, but I've definitely made good progress in them all.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, Toogie53 said:

There are still a few weeks left. I won't shame you for dropping. It happens.  I tried to participate in another event and realized it's just not going to work and bowed out last week. I hope you just switch games instead of dropping in this case though. That's part of why I'm really flexible because things change. Games aren't about what you thought, or you get in and just aren't enjoying yourself, etc. 

Afraid I'll have to drop out, but thank you for being understanding. It still sounds like a lot of fun, but this month just isn't working out - hopefully I'll make it to another version later on. Thanks for running them!

Good luck, everyone! :)

• Like 1