Spring Fling!

Is it okay if I switch my list a little bit? It turns out I messed up a part of Beyond Two Souls so I might have to do another full playthrough and I don’t want to force going through the game twice in a short amount of time.

Remove: Beyond Two Souls

Add:

Spring Cleaning: Papo and Yo: I played this game three years ago and I messed up by using level select before I finished the game- meaning I need to replay the entire game instead of just using chapter select to get the hats. For three years I kept saying I was going to do it, but never got around to it since the game doesn’t have that much replayability.

Spring Rolls: Yasai Ninja: I finished Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime the other day so I need another co-op game. This game you play as a ninja onion and broccoli fighting other vegetables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Otherwise, I'm pretty much chipping away at my other games.  Going to actually try to make some progress on Tokyo Xanadu this weekend and I've made some good progress on Exist Archive.  Not sure if I'll finish all my games, but I've definitely made good progress in them all.

I love this game. I am in the middle of chapter 7 of the first playthrough. I am going to try to finish up that run in the near future. I just bought Pillars of Eternity yesterday amd that may take up a bunch of my time.

14 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I love this game. I am in the middle of chapter 7 of the first playthrough. I am going to try to finish up that run in the near future. I just bought Pillars of Eternity yesterday amd that may take up a bunch of my time.

I'm in the middle of chapter 5 on Tokyo Xanadu and 11 on Exist Archive.  So yeah, progress is being made, but I've barely touched Tokyo Xanadu since the first playthrough at least is very much one you want to stick to a guide on so you miss as little as possible.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Late-April Update:

Tales from the Borderlands :platinum:

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 :platinum:

Seasons After Fall :platinum:

Bonus:  Life is Strange 36%

L9c4de4.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Fun Factor: 8

Really enjoyed this game for a change from my other games.  Puzzles were a nice challenge that made you think.  I played the game without any help, which means I had to do a bit of backtracking, but I think that was the joy of the game.  Was I frustrated, yes!  That last obscured altar drove me nuts, and I didn't really understand what I had to do for "The Return" trophy, but it all worked out.  Overall, a good game for kids, and a few adults!

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 2

Finally finished Watch Dog's story missions and most collectible/sidequests. The overall progress is around 92% and trophy wise only a few trophies are left. Need to do some online sessions, finish some collectibles/sidequests and finsih the drinking game levels (the Pawnee's bar drinking game is thougher than I thought!).

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Finally finished Watch Dog's story missions and most collectible/sidequests. The overall progress is around 92% and trophy wise only a few trophies are left. Need to do some online sessions, finish some collectibles/sidequests and finsih the drinking game levels (the Pawnee's bar drinking game is thougher than I thought!).

Nice progress! Ive heard the drinking games are too hard to be a bronze trophy haha.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, SyIaris said:

Afraid I'll have to drop out, but thank you for being understanding. It still sounds like a lot of fun, but this month just isn't working out - hopefully I'll make it to another version later on. Thanks for running them!

Good luck, everyone! :)

It happens. Take care. I hope to see you back too!

Edited by Toogie53

Started Yasai Ninja:

The game is awful. It's fully split screen co-op which makes it really hard to see the world and the camera keeps rotating for some reason? The attack buttons have some odd delay and are super slow. The block doesn't actually block attacks at all. We got to the third level and spent twenty minutes trying to figure out how to progress before giving up. The bosses are strangely easier than the crowds of enemies before them. Jumping is awful as you can't actually see what you're jumping over or accurately judge the distance. If one person dies, you start up again at a checkpoint that's super far away.

There is also a 2-D platforming potion. We died 50 times. The camera follows the front person, leaving the other person behind. The jumps are awkward and the checkpoints are super far apart. There is one potion where you have to double jump across, but there is the smallest ledge that you knock against that counts as a jump. It's also super dark so it's easy to lose track of your character. It's not clear when you're supposed to jump or when you're supposed to wait for a slowly moving platform. 

If you want to try a game to see how important good level design is, then Yasai Ninja is the game. Otherwise, I do not recommend. 

Busy weekend cleaning up games. Really only managed to finish one game for this event though, Flower.

You can read my short review here if interested.

• Like 3

Hey guys! Today is my birthday. I won't be online much, I'll get all your updates and percentages in tomorrow. I've was working on God of War whenever I could all weekend. It totally deserves all the praise it's been getting. My only annoyance is pretty tiny. I get lost all the time.I'll pull up on some island, climb up a cliff side and kill some giant rock dude or something, then spend 15 minutes, trying to figure out how to get back to the boat.  So I really wish I could fast travel back from anywhere. There is some fast travel, but you have to be in certain locations. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey guys! Today is my birthday. I won't be online much, I'll get all your updates and percentages in tomorrow. I've was working on God of War whenever I could all weekend. It totally deserves all the praise it's been getting. My only annoyance is pretty tiny. I get lost all the time.I'll pull up on some island, climb up a cliff side and kill some giant rock dude or something, then spend 15 minutes, trying to figure out how to get back to the boat.  So I really wish I could fast travel back from anywhere. There is some fast travel, but you have to be in certain locations. 

Happy Birthday Toogie!!!  Hope you have a great day!

Image result for demotivational posters birthday

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

See the source image

Happy birthday Toogie, hope it is a great one!

As for my list I finished off the plats for AC Unity and Far Cry 5 so that takes my list to

•  flower.png- 19%
  • S9e09bf.png - :platinum:
  • S6dca20.png - :platinum:
  • Sf1ba6f.png - 28%
  • S34c47e.png - :platinum:
  • S632e2f.png - 91%
  • BONUS: S7284a8.png - 21%

So I've successfully finished my main event but may end up moving a different game to the bonus to finish it, we will see

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm late but yestarday was really a shitty day in my city ? anyways hope you had a great birthday dude:yay:! I made some progress on my games as well but you know I only ask for updates when I already get the plats so :eyebrow: keep in touch!

• Like 1

giphy.gif

I was looking for the weirdest Thank you gif I could find. Here it is! Thank you for all the birthdya wishes. I'm working on those updates on the main thread now. So if stuff looks weird for the next little bit, just ignore it for now. 

Alright, I finally finished all the formatting. Hopefully now the main page isn't such a scroll fest. Let me know if any of you guys hate it. I think it could be a nightmare to look at on mobile devices. But on a 1080p monitor it looks good to me. As per the usual, let me know if I missed some game updates or anything. I'm going to reread the past few days worth of posts to try to catch anything myself right now. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

On 4/23/2018 at 8:47 AM, Kittet3 said:

There is also a 2-D platforming potion. We died 50 times. The camera follows the front person, leaving the other person behind. The jumps are awkward and the checkpoints are super far apart. There is one potion where you have to double jump across, but there is the smallest ledge that you knock against that counts as a jump. It's also super dark so it's easy to lose track of your character. It's not clear when you're supposed to jump or when you're supposed to wait for a slowly moving platform. 

This sounds like so bad. I'd be so frustrated.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:21 AM, Kent10201 said:

Platinum #99: Mary Skelter Nightmares

Enjoyment: 20/10

Difficulty: 3/10

That's a lot of enjoyment. I thought you were supposed to leave some for Disney World. 

Edited by Toogie53

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Alright, I finally finished all the formatting. Hopefully now the main page isn't such a scroll fest. Let me know if any of you guys hate it. I think it could be a nightmare to look at on mobile devices. But on a 1080p monitor it looks good to me. As per the usual, let me know if I missed some game updates or anything. I'm going to reread the past few days worth of posts to try to catch anything myself right now. 

It looks great on desktop and the formatting looks fine on mobile but now I have to scroll even more. xD I think it looks a lot nicer, but it's hard to tell what some of the games are just based on the banner sometimes. That's pretty much my only critique, other than that it looks great. :D

7 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

That's a lot of enjoyment. I thought you were supposed to leave some for Disney World. 

Well I started it on the ride to Disney so that might've had something to do with it. xD