Spring Fling!

19 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I managed with it too. Time management sounds like a good choice to balance out some longer/tougher titles.

Do the Zup games even take an hour?  :P

The first one took me 37 minutes, but it also has the least number of achievements.  But they do involve lots of explosions and I have the second one sitting unplayed.  But I also grabbed a few time management games this week.  The problem is, I own 1100+ games on Steam, well over 500 of which have achievements and are unfinished or untouched.  Honestly, I'd probably have to link my achievement pages for poor Toogie because I think my games list is long enough to crash browsers.

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay since umpteen people pushed me as Participant #7 xD I decided I need to lock down my list now and I think I have a good bonus game even if the Easter Egg is very obscure. 

I put you first. We'll have a new tradition of the first finisher of each event getting a position of honor going forward. This means I'll also bump up @xMissFantasy and @Kent10201 because they finished past events first, if I remember right. Too lazy to check haha. I know xMiss finished Halloween first. I think Kent or I finished the Christmas one first. Either way, I put myself at the top of all the others so he can have it. I just hope I'm not forgetting someone that did it faster on that one.

10 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I put you first. We'll have a new tradition of the first finisher of each event getting a position of honor going forward. This means I'll also bump up @xMissFantasy and @Kent10201 because they finished past events first, if I remember right. Too lazy to check haha. I know xMiss finished Halloween first. I think Kent or I finished the Christmas one first. Either way, I put myself at the top of all the others so he can have it. I just hope I'm not forgetting someone that did it faster on that one.

Looks like you accidentally deleted me when adding someone though.

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

Thanks for the welcome! Good to know - Amalur's going to be a bit of a timesink after a forced break from gaming, but I want it for plat #75.

It looks like my name's being weird in the first post, there's an i instead of an L in my name because I got sick of trying combinations and didn't think it would matter.  :facepalm:

Haha fooled me. It reminds me of this elite Warcraft raiding guild named "Casual" on my server. Someone genius decided to sell guild invites to it. But really it was CasuaI with a capital i on the end. I hope he made tons of gold off of it. The victims were mad but so was the actual raiding guild. It was quite the server scandal.

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Looks like you accidentally deleted me when adding someone though.

Yeah, I just committed if after I moved them to the front. I was going back through to add everyone else in order. It should look good to you now. 

@Dessane Are you going for 100% in Resogun or just the platinum. I'm kind of itching to do the DLC for it myself. 

Edited by Toogie53

31 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

That's pretty awesome! Guys, I finally won an event. :awesome:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

EDIT: Maybe I might change one of the games on the list after hearing Kent10201's comment on Mary Skelter Nightmares for his "Spring Loaded" entry. Can Toogie verify that any sort of anime type game involving hentai in it would be considering something that screams "The writers were stoned AND drunk when they wrote this!"? Or am I just being racist towards Japanese anime? ?

I think it depends what game it is. In my case the game is a JRPG that just so happens to have a game mechanic like that, whereas the entire point of some games like Gal*Gun and Criminal Girls is in relation to the hentai-esque genre.

Edited by Kent10201

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

The first one took me 37 minutes, but it also has the least number of achievements.  But they do involve lots of explosions and I have the second one sitting unplayed.  But I also grabbed a few time management games this week.  The problem is, I own 1100+ games on Steam, well over 500 of which have achievements and are unfinished or untouched.  Honestly, I'd probably have to link my achievement pages for poor Toogie because I think my games list is long enough to crash browsers.

Works. I haven't played them, just knew they were generally in that short/achievement rain group; the first one certainly looks better than those.

Achievement page or profile if you don't go through games quickly (so it's still in the recent 3) would be wise. I've noticed ~300 game accounts tend to lock things up for a bit while they load, so yours or mine would probably be a pain.

52 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Haha fooled me. It reminds me of this elite Warcraft raiding guild named "Casual" on my server. Someone genius decided to sell guild invites to it. But really it was CasuaI with a capital i on the end. I hope he made tons of gold off of it. The victims were mad but so was the actual raiding guild. It was quite the server scandal.

Plenty of those out there! Sounds like quite the mess, though. Don't imagine he wanted to sign back in on that character for a while...

Thanks for the fix.  :)

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Yeah, I just committed if after I moved them to the front. I was going back through to add everyone else in order. It should look good to you now. 

@Dessane Are you going for 100% in Resogun or just the platinum. I'm kind of itching to do the DLC for it myself. 

I'm thinking I'll go for 100%, if I do we can try to find a time that lines up for both of us. Timezones may make that tricky

14 minutes ago, Dessane said:

I'm thinking I'll go for 100%, if I do we can try to find a time that lines up for both of us. Timezones may make that tricky

Cool. I haven't actually bought the DLC yet so no pressure. We can see how things line up once you actually get around to playing it. 

• Like 1

Wow, a lot of great and inspiring picks, which actually made it harder to decide what to choose and what to leave out. But I think I have found a good mix of easy ones and some longer grinds, so here we go:

Spring Rolls

Le4d0c2.png

It has been a while since i played a Samurai Warriors game. This event gives me a good reason to finally start another one. It even combines the Spring Rolls category with the Spring Chicken, because the main protagonist is playable in both his young and older adult incarnations, and he's probably not the only one.

Spring Cleaning

L938cf8.png

I kinda feel cheap for picking "Batman: The Enemy Within" as there's only one episode left, which will be released on March 27th, but all the other games on my list will take quite some time to complete. So I'll stick with it for now and maybe switch it with something else later.

Spring Into Action

2ZdSmK8.jpg

I played it on the PS3 and years ago on the XBox360. It's definitely one of the most underrated AC titles so far and I can't wait to play it again soon. My inital plan was to have it as the Bonus Game though, because of the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. Furthermore Ubisoft added Bayek's outfit to the remastered version.

Bonus Game

Ld505fc.png

This is filled with Easter Eggs like Shovel Knight, designs of old style controllers, enemies that look like the Kinect sensors, a reference to Conker's Bad Fur Day, Kartos - The God of Ore, and many more. It'll be fun for sure, but i can already see myself ragequit while attempting those mini-games.

• Like 2

Oh darn it's on again ?! I'm currently at work so I'll just sign up and I'll give my list later, but since I couldn't finish Borderlands 2 I think I will put it as my Bonus game since it has plenty of Easter eggs

By the way, April 1st is still too far away, we should start this already ??

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I think it depends what game it is. In my case the game is a JRPG that just so happens to have a game mechanic like that, whereas the entire point of some games like Gal*Gun and Criminal Girls is in relation to the hentai-esque genre.

Okay, thanks for the info. Actually, the reason I asked was because I had fallen prey to temptation and bought both games you have mentioned so now they are on my Vita and I needed an excuse to play them. :P I should just stick to my guns and not try to avoid the games I had put down. (Not that World of FF is bad - it's not - I really loved playing through it from beginning to end.)

I'll give this a shot. Sign me up. 

Spring Rolls: Lost Sphear 

L602bef.png

A JRPG where cooking recipes gives you differant buffs before battles.

Spring Flowers: Yonder

L5304d0.png

Reminds of say harvest moon series. 

Spring Break: Uno

Le47fec.png

A classic card game that can be pulled out anytime.

Bonus Game: Final Fantasy VII

L4c1026.png

Emerald and Ruby Weapons, need I say more?

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

Great! I'm here again, but this time I might use this event to finally complete some unfinished games (in contrary of "The Love Boat", where I've used it to finally start some games which I wanted to start before...) - actually there will have some exceptions, but anyways... 

Here's my list (actually, I was intending to create a list with all themes to choose the amout of 3 later, but while I was thinking about this list, I've noticed that I could simply rip off just one of the listed games to have a total of three...):

• Spring Chicken - Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (Vita): well, basically almost every main protagonist from Atelier series might fit the "spring chicken" definition (sometimes Logy behaves like it, but Escha totally is a "spring chicken"...). Probably this game will be in my final list, mainly because it's also a good game to fit April's theme from Monthly Madness anyway (considering how the poll is now...);
  • Spring Cleaning - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3): I've started this game in 2014, due to "Sly Minigames", I'd tried to play "for real" last May (as part of "Casual Attack") but, due to any reason I don't know, I stopped... This time, I would finish this one once and for all...
  • Spring into Action - One Piece: Pirate Warriors: a musou-styled One Piece game... I think I do not need to say anything...
  • Bonus game: I still don't know which game I will have as "bonus game", but probably can be Uncharted 1 (PS4 - I'm talking about the strange relic) or Flower (PS3 or Vita version - thanks to the flOw creature that have an appearance in one of the stages...)
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Okay, here is my list.  Threw in an extra one in case of a game glitch: :rolleyes:

Spring Forward: Futuristic L99ac32.png 

Spring Into Action: Love Setting those Bombs! L6b70d7.png

Spring Break: Exotic! Uncharted The Lost Legacy L0091ff.png

Spring Cleaning: Gotta Clean Up My Backlog L7227fd.png

Bonus Game: Easter Eggs are Fun! L14bfb5.png

Good luck on Ether One. The glitches can be quite annoying. I had to uninstal the game from harddrive to complete the last projector.

Ha, that's clever. I'm in.

SPRING CLEANING

Le748f6.png

FOUR TIMES. I have started this game FOUR TIMES, played for several hours (15+), and stopped playing mid-game for unknown reasons...only to pick it up a few months later and try again from the start. It's time I finally slay this dragon. Pun fully intended.

SPRING INTO ACTION

L2259cf.png

Granted, I'm only six trophies away from the 100%, so I guess this could qualify as spring cleaning too...but you all know which trophies I have yet to earn. That community challenge pack is what's really keeping me from a perfect account.

SPRING FORWARD/CHICKEN/BREAK

L827e0a.png

I don't know what Life is Strange: BTS qualifies as, so I'm just going to say it's probably some combination of these three. Spring forward because of the rewind mechanic (yes, I'm aware it's not present in the sequel), spring chicken because of the young cast (they're even younger in this than the prequel, right?), and spring break because they're in...school or something...and schools have spring break. Plus, it has storm in the title, and I always associate storms with spring.

Depending on my success with the first two, I may add more.

• Like 1