Spring Fling!

Game update:

Life Is Strange - :platinum:

This was a really well designed experience. I was really curious to see if this game was going to stick the landing and I really think it did a great job at that. It actually talked about the effects of time travel and left us with a meaningful choice. I still think the end of episode 2 is the height of the series, but it ended on a really good note.

Now I only need tot clear Flower and I will have achieved a Grand Slam. So Hype! ( @Toogie53 Asura's Wrath is supposed to be at Platinum; only DLC trophies are left)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

No cell phone or tablet and the Vita only has a crappy web browser that doesn't allow for viewing sites offline (or I'd load the GameFAQs Xanadu guide in and refer to that) and no way to view files loaded on it that I know of.  The Vita is also very slow to load stuff even on my home wifi. 

Best I could possibly do is take a screencap of a guide with screengrab and view it via the photo gallery, maybe.  Seriously, it's just amazing how a portable gaming device is so lacking in ways to view a guide on the device if you don't have internet.

I was looking around the vita last night for possibilties. After seeing nothing in the apps section in the store, i looked at the email. You could poosibly make the section of guide you are working on the text of the email and send it to yourself. I would think a text only email should be simple to pull up. I agree though that I am suprised there are not more options for something simple like this. There is an app for similar product like microsoft paint but not a simple notepad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Nice! That sounds like good progress. I don't have Tearaway on your list. Did you add that as your bonus game?

I did add as "Spring Flowers" somewhere in the middle of the thread... But it can be a Bonus game either.

1 hour ago, Caju_94 said:

I did add as "Spring Flowers" somewhere in the middle of the thread... But it can be a Bonus game either.

Yeah, Let's mark it as your bonus game. That way if you complete it, you get a second badge. I am aware of a few references\Easter Eggs in the game. 

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

That is one cool Easter Egg, Toogs. ^_^

Unfortunately, I am going to be dropping out of earning the bonus badge. I just don't feel the desire to continue playing LEGO City Undercover for now. I did complete all of my games for the theme, though.

No problem. Did you want to swap a different game in? I know you've played a bunch of stuff lately. 

• Like 1

Update:

Flower : It's really not as bad as I remembered it to be. I think I finally got the controls down, which is good. I'm playing a level a day minimum and I'm getting the bonus flowers as I go along, so I can hopefully finish this within a week.

Book of Unwritten Tales 2  : I finished the Pirate Poker and now I'm in, what I consider at least, to be the duller part of the game where all the characters come together. I have about 12 pages of the walkthrough to go through, so I'm aiming at about 2 pages a day to be timely. 

Future Plan : 

I plan on just hashing Papo and Yo out this weekend (or maybe even tomorrow) since it shouldn't be more than two hours as long as I don't get unfocused. My partner and I are playing Yasai Ninja every night until we finish it so hopefully, we can get it done in time, but some of those levels are just awful and we need to do pro mode in one sitting. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Flower : It's really not as bad as I remembered it to be. I think I finally got the controls down, which is good. I'm playing a level a day minimum and I'm getting the bonus flowers as I go along, so I can hopefully finish this within a week.

I just played through flower as well. Took me a bit to get used to the controls too. I felt a little sick from flipping around so much in the canyon part past the windmills but other than that didn’t take too long to finish. I bet you have it done this weekend. ?

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

My partner and I are playing Yasai Ninja every night until we finish it so hopefully, we can get it done in time, but some of those levels are just awful and we need to do pro mode in one sitting. 

Pro Mode was easier than the normal difficulty for me. First because no splitscreen anymore so the 2D platform levels are easier (both characters move simulteanously) and second because you 1 hit kill most enemies :D ... i enjoyed Yasai Ninja much more than you do it seems, i think it's a good mix of fighting in 3D but platforming in 2D :) ...

I was somewhat disappointed in Kyrinaga's Revenge which seems to be the successor but only with more platforming and even fighting in 2D at least in those 2-3 levels at start. Haven't played more yet...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

I finally got my Plat #175 Bleach Soul Ressurección last night ?

now i can pursue some games which have a platinum from now on too :D 

I'll add a game for Spring Chicken category: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc

I've played through the story mode once (15 Highschool Kids being trapped in their school and forced to kill themselves to graduate) and the end was disappointing, too few answers given - probably to sell more following games... astonishing story though, some riddles which are debates were easy to solve and some were so difficult i chose all possibles answers until i solved it :D (no penalty for trying multiple times)... Then afterwards i started the second game mode called school mode which is basically collect things and build up robots with almost no story told and very little freedom of what to do besides collecting stuff... but as i'm halfway through my 2nd of 3 playthroughs of school mode i'm certain i can complete the game within a week... and then all that's left is buying stuff from an ingame shop to get all ingame so called presents and artwork...

A game i want to add for the easter egg category is Jazzpunk...

the game has several game or cultural references there not hidden but it fits still i think... for example i had to draw a line on a worldmap with either cities or countries with names like New Frost City or iRAN and after combining all i got a trophy called In 80 puns around the World :D ... another example is rescuing a man drowning in a pool gives you the Hasselhoff in a Pinch Trophy... then there's a Frogger level and a Asteroids level too... WTF moments every now and then playing this game :D i played an hour yesterday

So my list is this now @Toogie53 :)

Adventure Capitalist: 61%

Danganronpa: 79%

Killzone 2: 72%

Sky Force Anniversary: 38%

Jazzpunk: 88%

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

No problem. Did you want to swap a different game in? I know you've played a bunch of stuff lately. 

I don't think any I am playing right now works as a Bonus Game as there are no real easter eggs in them. I'm working on a "fun" account right now so I might not be playing games on this account as much. (Also got sucked into MapleStory again too, so there is that. :() If I think of something I'll let you know, but for now I've completed the three games necessary for the event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I don't think any I am playing right now works as a Bonus Game as there are no real easter eggs in them. I'm working on a "fun" account right now so I might not be playing games on this account as much. (Also got sucked into MapleStory again too, so there is that. :() If I think of something I'll let you know, but for now I've completed the three games necessary for the event.

PrinnyBoy, Maphantom, DetectiveCJ, NebbyLunala, MidnightCJ, Mysticjmax, AlolaCJ and now CJ_Mystery. You will all be missed. (Maybe) :awesome:

May I recommend a name for the 9th one? PrinnyDoodCJ 

• Like 2

Just now, Kent10201 said:

PrinnyBoy, Maphantom, DetectiveCJ, NebbyLunala, MidnightCJ, Mysticjmax, AlolaCJ and now CJ_Mystery. You will all be missed. (Maybe) :awesome:

May I recommend a name for the 9th one? PrinnyDoodCJ 

I promise I will platinum Dark Cloud 2 on this account at least.

Also, my new account name is SquidBaronet. Guess why. :P

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

I promise I will platinum Dark Cloud 2 on this account at least.

Also, my new account name is SquidBaronet. Guess why. :P

I kind of assumed Dark Cloud 2 was the reason you made a new one. :hmm:

Well I know it's from Shantae but I think the real question is....why the new account despite the fact the fact that you're doing so well on this one? It must be tiring playing the same 50 or so games 9 times each. 

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Well I know it's from Shantae but I think the real question is....why the new account despite the fact the fact that you're doing so well on this one? It must be tiring playing the same 50 or so games 9 times each. 

Not to mention financially problematic with buying the same Vita games over.

To each their own I guess, it highlights how trophy hunting can really affect some people and cause a cyclical nature of starting over in the pursuit of perfection

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

It's a "fun" account which will only have games that I enjoy playing, so I won't put any games like My Name Is Mayo or inFAMOUS Second Son on it as I didn't enjoy those games. Right now it has 11 platinums on it but I'm struggling with Eventide because for some reason the game didn't count a card and it's hard to check. Had to delete everything and reinstall it. :(

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

You run out of quick and easy plats CJ?? :ninja:

Probably lots of Otome games you could dig up and theres always Telltale.

No, as I said, this is for games I like to play, and otome and Telltales are games I despise. While the early games are easy, the later ones will take forever to platinum. I'm sort of doing it alphabetically and have Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, World of Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as well as Ni No Kuni II set up for this account.

15 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

It's a "fun" account which will only have games that I enjoy playing, so I won't put any games like My Name Is Mayo or inFAMOUS Second Son on it as I didn't enjoy those games. Right now it has 11 platinums on it but I'm struggling with Eventide because for some reason the game didn't count a card and it's hard to check. Had to delete everything and reinstall it. :(

No, as I said, this is for games I like to play, and otome and Telltales are games I despise. 

Every account you've made you've said it was going to be a "fun" account. Just look at your platinum checklist.

You shouldn't be trophy hunting in general if you don't enjoy it. You're really just wasting your time and ruining your health by playing and buying games (multiple times) you don't enjoy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Every account you've made you've said it was going to be a "fun" account. Just look at your platinum checklist.

You shouldn't be trophy hunting in general if you don't enjoy it. You're really just wasting your time and ruining your health by playing and buying games (multiple times) you don't enjoy. 

@CJ_Mystery  I'm going to have to agree with Kent.  We've tried to give you support and help you, but you just seem to keep falling into this situation.  Is there any way to just pick one account and stick with it?  

• Like 1