Toogie53

Spring Fling!

690 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Every account you've made you've said it was going to be a "fun" account. Just look at your platinum checklist.

You shouldn't be trophy hunting in general if you don't enjoy it. You're really just wasting your time and ruining your health by playing and buying games (multiple times) you don't enjoy. 

3 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@CJ_Mystery  I'm going to have to agree with Kent.  We've tried to give you support and help you, but you just seem to keep falling into this situation.  Is there any way to just pick one account and stick with it?  

You know, I was given this same song and dance by my own dad just half an hour ago. Why? Because some people who claimed to be from Yahoo said they were going to terminate my e-mail account because someone was hacking my computer and it turned out they were from the same people who "fixed" my computer and tricked me into paying $399.99 for a license. Now they want to sell me anti-hack software for $250. I am just glad I didn't give them any bank information or I'd be in serious trouble now. I'm not that stupid.

I guess it's true, the more things change... :(

I do love to get trophies, I really do, but I can't get over the fact that I want to have 100% on my trophy account, and you're right, I am falling into the same self-destructive trap. Maybe I should just turn off trophy notifications.

10 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

You know, I was given this same song and dance by my own dad just half an hour ago. Why? Because some people who claimed to be from Yahoo said they were going to terminate my e-mail account because someone was hacking my computer and it turned out they were from the same people who "fixed" my computer and tricked me into paying $399.99 for a license. Now they want to sell me anti-hack software for $250. I am just glad I didn't give them any bank information or I'd be in serious trouble now. I'm not that stupid.

I guess it's true, the more things change... :(

I do love to get trophies, I really do, but I can't get over the fact that I want to have 100% on my trophy account, and you're right, I am falling into the same self-destructive trap. Maybe I should just turn off trophy notifications.

So, CJ, last we spoke you were going to create a new account to get that 100% on your trophies.  Did you do that, and does the account already have problems?  If so, that really sucks.

3 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

So, CJ, last we spoke you were going to create a new account to get that 100% on your trophies.  Did you do that, and does the account already have problems?  If so, that really sucks.

L84d798.png

Yeah, that happened. Should have known that it had online trophies. :(

I am going to try something different. Any game that looks interesting is getting tested first before I put it on my account.

I'll put up a thread in the checklists later on the new account.

@CJ_Mystery Well, whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck!  I understand about the online trophies and that you are trying to avoid that.  Unfortunately, some of the best games out there have them, so you are kinda screwed on that one.  😐

28 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I do love to get trophies, I really do, but I can't get over the fact that I want to have 100% on my trophy account

It's not like the games on your profile have unobtainable plats. if you put some effort into it, they can all be platted.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's not like the games on your profile have unobtainable plats. if you put some effort into it, they can all be platted.

What's effort? 

Just checking in :) Good looking games so far everyone. Glad to see Song of the Deep is being played.

I haven't gone through all 400+ responses yet but just wondering if there is any idea on what the next event will be?

46 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Just checking in :) Good looking games so far everyone. Glad to see Song of the Deep is being played.

I haven't gone through all 400+ responses yet but just wondering if there is any idea on what the next event will be?

Sorry no spoilers 😛😛

@CJ_Mystery Its not like your account is that bad off. You are at what just above 85%? Thats pretty darn good. I know I started this year just above 20% and managed to get just over 40 now recently. So just short of my goal for the year. Now say try to raise the rate for yourself to 95%. We can even make an event race outnofnit. Who makes to the goal percentage. 

3 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Sorry no spoilers 1f61b.png1f61b.png

Oh come on...alright I will just guess.

I am going to guess that it starts on June 19th and the theme will be FREEDOM and the bonus game will have to do with cats.

I will give a LIKE to the first person to figure out what I am talking about :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh come on...alright I will just guess.

I am going to guess that it starts on June 19th and the theme will be FREEDOM and the bonus game will have to do with cats.

I will give a LIKE to the first person to figure out what I am talking about :)

I believe it starts June 1st and will end mid-July. No info on the theme but it will be similar to the spring event where you can pick and choose your categories. 

24 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Sorry no spoilers 1f61b.png1f61b.png

@CJ_Mystery Its not like your account is that bad off. You are at what just above 85%? Thats pretty darn good. I know I started this year just above 20% and managed to get just over 40 now recently. So just short of my goal for the year. Now say try to raise the rate for yourself to 95%. We can even make an event race outnofnit. Who makes to the goal percentage. 

If CJ isn't up for it, I'd totally do that.  The boost your trophy grades challenge kind of covers that since average completion is among the things you can set a goal for, but I'd be up for a race with some folks for completion increasing.  I know I could use a kick in the pants to stop starting new games and finish some of my incomplete games.

57 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

If CJ isn't up for it, I'd totally do that.  The boost your trophy grades challenge kind of covers that since average completion is among the things you can set a goal for, but I'd be up for a race with some folks for completion increasing.  I know I could use a kick in the pants to stop starting new games and finish some of my incomplete games.

87.28% is pretty damn nice still @ladynadiad 👍🏼

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Well if anyone else is interested let me know. I will think up some rules and maybe start on may 15.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

2 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

87.28% is pretty damn nice still @ladynadiad 1f44d-1f3fc.png

It is, but it could be way better.  I don't have any obtainable plats or 100%s, so I'm not going to be fully satisfied until I have a 100% profile.  Even if Sparkle Unleashed is going to take forever to 100%.

CJ, you have got to stop with the new accounts dood. You've been doing so well on this account it is such a shame to throw it away and start another account that will "definitely sty 100%" this time. You gotta do what you find fun but surely you can see nobody really manages to stay at 100% its not a reasonable goal. Hope you reconsider, it is nice having a name for being a good contributor or something not for changing accounts all too often.

Hope you're doing ok mate but yeah chill ot a bit and you'll probably do a lot better

I am rocking a 55% profile and it was much worse in the past. I've received exactly zero shaming from the community? What's pushing you to need 100% perfect profile? Its coming from something inside your mind.

For me personally, I wrote getting a 100% profile off as very unrealistic because of the same roadblock you run into. I've started games I didnt enjoy. I dont want to invest time into something I don't think is fun. And seriously, when I click on someones profile, I'm way more interested in what they've played vs what they've completed.

Good progress on the event everyone! :) 

I'll chime in and say who cares about having a 100% profile? I mean, unless it's your goal then go for it. I say what ever makes you happy! ^-^ Personally, I'd love to get mine over 90 but it is what it is.

On another note, I came to brag about my goal that I finally achieved after almost four and a half years... 10,000 TROPHIES! :D 200 platinum's is next! Oh and I also managed to get some more gold crowns on Monster Hunter World today sooo, I'm now FOUR crowns (and two plats) away from my second goal I had for this year. Ahh, happy day. ✊

49 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I'll chime in and say who cares about having a 100% profile? I mean, unless it's your goal then go for it. I say what ever makes you happy! ^-^ Personally, I'd love to get mine over 90 but it is what it is.

On another note, I came to brag about my goal that I finally achieved after almost four and a half years... 10,000 TROPHIES! :D 200 platinum's is next! Oh and I also managed to get some more gold crowns on Monster Hunter World today sooo, I'm now FOUR crowns (and two plats) away from my second goal I had for this year. Ahh, happy day. 270a.png

Woot! Totally worth celebrating 10,000 is so crazy! Good luck on those crowns.

50 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

On another note, I came to brag about my goal that I finally achieved after almost four and a half years... 10,000 TROPHIES! :D 200 platinum's is next! Oh and I also managed to get some more gold crowns on Monster Hunter World today sooo, I'm now FOUR crowns (and two plats) away from my second goal I had for this year. Ahh, happy day. 270a.png

You're killing it! the MH plat looks insane, way more driven than me

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I am rocking a 55% profile and it was much worse in the past. I've received exactly zero shaming from the community? What's pushing you to need 100% perfect profile? Its coming from something inside your mind.

For me personally, I wrote getting a 100% profile off as very unrealistic because of the same roadblock you run into. I've started games I didnt enjoy. I dont want to invest time into something I don't think is fun. And seriously, when I click on someones profile, I'm way more interested in what they've played vs what they've completed.

I'm the sort of person who is bothered by leaving things undone.  I also am picky enough that I'm not going to start a game unless I have a decent amount of interest in it.  I do impulse buy at times, but I usually make sure games I buy on PSN are at least a genre I enjoy playing so the things I wouldn't enjoy as much would be elements of it like mechanics I'm not fond of, a story that I don't care about, etc.  However, I've found even if I don't like the story much, I tend to want to know at least how it ends and by the time I get to that point, I've almost got the plat and may as well finish that off.

I've actually found that sometimes by going back to a game I felt meh on at the start that I was able to enjoy it more by getting into it more and understanding the mechanics better.  Demon Gaze and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters were way more fun by the end than they were when I originally started them and got distracted and stopped playing them.  I actually ended up enjoying Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters enough by the end that I made it a milestone of my 30th plat.  When I first started it I didn't find the plot anything special and the mechanics were confusing,

I've also found in some cases of games I really didn't like it can actually get to the point where I dislike the game enough that I am determined to get the plat just because I don't want to let the game defeat me.  I actually hated Sorcery Saga with a passion and thought it was a poorly designed game.  But that also made me determined enough to figure out how to get past my roadblocks and beat it just to show that I wouldn't be defeated by a game that was actually not hard.  The game itself sucked, but there was some fun in figuring out the mechanics enough to get good at it.

I guess what it boils down to is that even in games I'm not as fond of, I can find something to enjoy enough to get the plat, even if it takes me a long time to do it by chipping away at the game bit by bit in more tolerable amounts.

I just got the Plat of Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered and i say it was a good shooter but it hardly matters where you are or who you are, i don't remember much of the story even though i just finished the game :D ... well thx to the Veteran Glitch i got all levels very easy, only problem was One Shot, One Kill until i discovered i saved at the second to last checkpoint and could finish the final battle on Rekrut instead of Veteran... it's a big surprise to see a savepoint just seconds before the mission is finished but i'm not complaining :D ... Only level i played fully on Veteran was Mile High though... first try and win :D ... can't believe my luck. Going through the training parcour in the tutorial was waaay harder for me, took more than 1 hour to go down to 15 seconds...

Oh and i know now that MWR fits the Easter Egg category too since you meet a guy named Makarov who is supposedly the antagonist of MW2 and MW3 but you can kill him in MWR to create a time paradox :D

And after i got a few easy plats yesterday (including Jazzpunk) i started Killzone 2 finally... first playthrough on Easy to get into the game, collect stuff and then another playthrough on Elite later :S ... although it'll be a week off from ps3 and ps4 since i'm on vacation from tomorrow on... But i can play a few hours on my Vita so still a bit progress estimated :)

So my list looks now like this:

Adventure Capitalist: 61%

Killzone 2: 72%

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered :platinum:

Danganronpa: 79%

Bonus Game: Jazzpunk :platinum:

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Update:

Book of Unwritten Tales 2:  I platted it! It took a lot less time than I originally thought because I could do it while I completed my homework. I really didn't mind playing it a second time- it's been almost a year since I first played it and I like the story enough that a refresher of my favorite parts of the dialogue was welcomed. Even though it's long, it's one of the longest point-and-click games I played that held me interested for almost the entire game. 

As for my other games, still working on Yasai Ninja. My connection to Playstation went down in the middle of shareplay with my partner yesterday, so we didn't end up finishing the level we were working on. I read some guides and chapter 3 seemed like the biggest pain, so hopefully, it's smoother sailing now that we finished that one. I'm also a bit confused if it's the PRO mode trophy or the Coop trophy that's glitched and has to be played in one sitting- so I guess I'll see if the Coop trophy pops at the end of this playthrough like it should.

50 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

And after i got a few easy plats yesterday (including Jazzpunk) i started Killzone 2 finally... first playthrough on Easy to get into the game, collect stuff and then another playthrough on Elite later :S ... although it'll be a week off from ps3 and ps4 since i'm on vacation from tomorrow on... But i can play a few hours on my Vita so still a bit progress estimated :)

So my list looks now like this:

Adventure Capitalist: 61%

Killzone 2: 72%

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered :platinum:

Bonus Game: Jazzpunk :platinum:

You got me excited about looking at Killzone 2 again, then noticed the servers closed on March 29 🙁