Spring Fling!

23 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I'm also a bit confused if it's the PRO mode trophy or the Coop trophy that's glitched and has to be played in one sitting- so I guess I'll see if the Coop trophy pops at the end of this playthrough like it should.

I did play Yasai Ninja with a friend in a few sessions (4-5) and got the coop trophy right away. I'm pretty sure i played on Pro over two afternoons and got that too. So hopefully it goes right for you too either way :)

Sucks right @PermaFox? by now i'm glad i went through the mp boost of Killzone 2 in February this year so i can pursue the Plat now :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm the sort of person who is bothered by leaving things undone.  I also am picky enough that I'm not going to start a game unless I have a decent amount of interest in it.  I do impulse buy at times, but I usually make sure games I buy on PSN are at least a genre I enjoy playing so the things I wouldn't enjoy as much would be elements of it like mechanics I'm not fond of, a story that I don't care about, etc.  However, I've found even if I don't like the story much, I tend to want to know at least how it ends and by the time I get to that point, I've almost got the plat and may as well finish that off.

I've actually found that sometimes by going back to a game I felt meh on at the start that I was able to enjoy it more by getting into it more and understanding the mechanics better.  Demon Gaze and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters were way more fun by the end than they were when I originally started them and got distracted and stopped playing them.  I actually ended up enjoying Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters enough by the end that I made it a milestone of my 30th plat.  When I first started it I didn't find the plot anything special and the mechanics were confusing,

I've also found in some cases of games I really didn't like it can actually get to the point where I dislike the game enough that I am determined to get the plat just because I don't want to let the game defeat me.  I actually hated Sorcery Saga with a passion and thought it was a poorly designed game.  But that also made me determined enough to figure out how to get past my roadblocks and beat it just to show that I wouldn't be defeated by a game that was actually not hard.  The game itself sucked, but there was some fun in figuring out the mechanics enough to get good at it.

I guess what it boils down to is that even in games I'm not as fond of, I can find something to enjoy enough to get the plat, even if it takes me a long time to do it by chipping away at the game bit by bit in more tolerable amounts.

For me it is called acceptance. I accept that there are certain games that I will most likely ever complete. I love guitar hero but at my age my fingers are not capable of higher difficulties. Other trophies like jump roping 1000 times are just too much of a hassle to stress over. I can raise my rate to a point where I am happy with it. As I matured I finally got to

this point. I think on my xbox I stressed over it more or would play alot of easy games to increase my numbers. Im past that now. I do what I enjoy.

@Toogie53 Right? Haha. Thanks! :P I'm hoping I can get lucky with those crowns and at least finish by the time my birthday comes. I pre-ordered the ESO Summerset collectors edition so I'd rather waste my time playing that. ?

@Dessane Thank you! The MHW plat is pretty insane which is why I want it for my 200th platinum. Put 450+ hours into it; not quitting now! Last night how ever, I was so pissed off at it that I just about raged for the first time in years and nearly threw my controller. ? Couldn't take it anymore lmao. The RNG in that game freaking hates me! >.<"

3 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Hey Toogie, I think I wanna sub out Sleeping Dogs for something else since I'm honestly not in the mood for it. I finished Batman: The Enemy Within a couple days ago, can I put that as my Spring into Action game instead?

Yep. Ill adjust it later.

26 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I just did, let's see if there's any luck 1f601.png

You shouldn't need a session for that game. I did it in January and the online is surprisingly active enough that I had no issue getting all but the bit grindy trophy finished in a handful of hours. (I got bored which is why I didn't go for the level 20 yet)

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I just got the :platinum: for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow thought I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish Assassin's Creed 3 since it seems it's hard to boost the online trophies these days ?

Cool that you finished Splinter Cell :)

As for AC 3 you can do a lot of the mp solo in Wolfpack mode that's a great thing in AC 3 and 4 too

Sorry I've been quiet - I spent the first three weeks of the month playing nothing but Nier Automata, so I didn't have much to report.

The first post looks very snazzy now with icons instead of text, nice.

Actual updates:

Nier: Automata - :platinum:

Tough to talk about in a non-spoilery way, so I'll just say that I enjoyed it a lot but might have been better to go into it without as much hype. 

The structure of the game meant that I could choose when to be a completionist and when to just go with the flow, which is probably how I ended up actually finishing it instead of stalling out partway through as per my normal MO.  Having a deadline for this event also helped!

The Witness - :platinum:

Loved it.  I don't play many puzzle games, but this was amazing - if anyone has recs for similar games, I'd be interested.  The final challenge you guys warned me about wasn't even all that bad!  (After some practice, getting a lucky set of early puzzles, and absolutely positively 100% muting the TV.  I can't even imagine trying it with the music on.)

Full Throttle Remastered - :platinum:

I played the original back in the day, but I was surprised by how much I'd forgotten.  ("Uh, yeah, you're a biker who's framed for murder and there's a cool mechanic and... Energizer bunnies?  You kick a wall repeatedly?")  It's very short, especially when you're not a kid and have access to hints, but I think it still holds up as a fun 'interactive movie' with some good jokes and a really weird setting.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

You shouldn't need a session for that game. I did it in January and the online is surprisingly active enough that I had no issue getting all but the bit grindy trophy finished in a handful of hours. (I got bored which is why I didn't go for the level 20 yet)

Yeah i might just pick a bad day to look for game sessions, I'm only worried about The true will be out trophy

10 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Cool that you finished Splinter Cell :)

As for AC 3 you can do a lot of the mp solo in Wolfpack mode that's a great thing in AC 3 and 4 too

I will try to lvl in wolfpack mode but it's The true will be out trophy the one that worries me, since the requirements for the hacked version of the vids are mostly about playing with other people, but let's see how active is the online these days

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Yeah i might just pick a bad day to look for game sessions, I'm only worried about The true will be out trophy

I will try to lvl in wolfpack mode but it's The true will be out trophy the one that worries me, since the requirements for the hacked version of the vids are mostly about playing with other people, but let's see how active is the online these days

My last final is on May 10th, so if you still need help then, I can hop on any day after that and it will still be before this event is over.

• Like 2

On 29.4.2018 at 2:24 PM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I got the trophy as mentioned in the pst guide: get 20 aerial kills which comes natural in Wolfpack mode and also 25 Double Kills which are harder to get solo in Wolfpack but you can play with 1-2 others in Wolfpack and you'll get them in no time :)

Got the plat of Danganronpa today :D when i'm back home next weekend i'll finish my current playthrough of Killzone 2 (all colletibles run) and if i can't plat that game i've got Adventure Capitalist as backup :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Update:

It only took three years (and a month), but Papo and Yo is finally at 100%! It turns out you basically have to redo the entire game for the hats anyway, so the no tips trophy glitching out on me wasn't that huge of a deal. I did enjoy the story a second time- it wasn't until the end that I could fully appreciate all the work that was put into the symbolism. I'm not a fan of making collectibles only available after you beat the story, especially with games like this where the replay value is minimal. 

• Like 2

Update:

So this weekend I finished the third episode of Umineko, and that means only one more to go.  Looks like the fourth one is going to be longer though since it's starting to get into stuff outside the game and starting to try to reveal some of the mysteries and backstory going on.  Still very good and it's pretty much guaranteed I'm buying the Answer Arcs once I'm done with this one when I'd been hesitating due to the $30 price tag for it and it doesn't tend to get much lower in sales, but I can tell it will be worth the full price.

I've also made some progress in Exist Archive.  Not much to show in the way of trophies, but I got the 12 party member.  There are 14 total, and the last three are only obtainable in post game and have trophies for getting them.  Pretty much I'm working on post game content before going for the other endings and my NG+ run.  Waiting until I finish most of post game for NG+ so I have the best levels to breeze through it, though I probably could breeze through it with what I have now since the 12th party member is insanely powerful and the only tough part will be the bosses that require magic users to take down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Also, I thought I'd go ahead and tease the next event. More details to come, but it's going to be themed after summer camp. I'm going to call it "Camp Wannalottaplat" There will be a bunch of category choices, similar to Spring Fling. They will be centered around common summer camp activities like archery, canoeing, ghost stories, etc. You will just need to pick three to complete the event, but there is more there for the overachievers. The bonus category for the extra badge is still undetermined, but I'm leaning away from doing a holiday this time and think it will be something else summer related, but not summer camp related. Am I making sense? 1f643.png

I have no problem with players being added!  The more fun for everyone.  Count me in for the new event!

I'm wrapping up my bonus game, Life is Strange, and should be done within the week.  

And, a BIG thanks for holding these awesome events!?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey all. We are kind of in the wind down stage. If you are considering switching games to make sure you can finish the event, now is probably the time to pull the trigger. I do accept last minute substitutions so it's totally up to you. I will let you change on the very last day, if that's how you want to work it. Speaking of, @Barbell-Disciple sent me a PM and asked if he could rejoin since his  schedule freed back up. I have no problem with him rejoining. he is going to make some new choices for their game list to account for the time remaining in the competition, so you''ll probably see that post soon and I'll be adding them back to the tracking post on the first page after that. If you don't remember, they were here right at the beginning posted their game list with some cool alternative art. They finished Modern Warfare Remastered, but then dropped out of the event about a week or so in because of their job.

Also, I thought I'd go ahead and tease the next event. More details to come, but it's going to be themed after summer camp. I'm going to call it "Camp Wannalottaplat" There will be a bunch of category choices, similar to Spring Fling. They will be centered around common summer camp activities like archery, canoeing, ghost stories, etc. You will just need to pick three to complete the event, but there is more there for the overachievers. The bonus category for the extra badge is still undetermined, but I'm leaning away from doing a holiday this time and think it will be something else summer related, but not summer camp related. Am I making sense? 1f643.png

Im looking forward to seeing what makes the final cut. I hope to be able to participate next round as well. Of course though, I have Completion Challange that is beginning as soon as Spring Fling is over. I will load up some games that could be possible matches so I don't violate the rules of that contest. Maybe you'd be interested in doubling up as well? 

31 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Im looking forward to seeing what makes the final cut. I hope to be able to participate next round as well. Of course though, I have Completion Challange that is beginning as soon as Spring Fling is over. I will load up some games that could be possible matches so I don't violate the rules of that contest. Maybe you'd be interested in doubling up as well? 

I would be interested; but from past experience, I've dropped out from three other events because I wasn't giving them any attention at all. So I decided to just do the ones I am attempting to host.  

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey all. We are kind of in the wind down stage. If you are considering switching games to make sure you can finish the event, now is probably the time to pull the trigger. I do accept last minute substitutions so it's totally up to you. I will let you change on the very last day, if that's how you want to work it. Speaking of, @Barbell-Disciple sent me a PM and asked if he could rejoin since his  schedule freed back up. I have no problem with him rejoining. he is going to make some new choices for their game list to account for the time remaining in the competition, so you''ll probably see that post soon and I'll be adding them back to the tracking post on the first page after that. If you don't remember, they were here right at the beginning posted their game list with some cool alternative art. They finished Modern Warfare Remastered, but then dropped out of the event about a week or so in because of their job.

Man how do you ALWAYS come up with such fun themes?

17 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Man how do you ALWAYS come up with such fun themes?

LOL! The past ones have been mostly me. But this time, I got some help from others through private message. @donut_plz helped spark the idea. I was just bouncing ideas off of him over PM because I couldn't think of how to follow Spring Fling. He was throwing out random suggestions for things that make him think of summer and something he said made me think, "SUMMER CAMP!" I told him summer camp came to mind and he confirmed that there was some good potential with that idea and instantly started giving great suggestions on how that could work. I left it alone after that. Now that I had an idea, I could stop worrying about what's next. Then a couple weeks later, @ArtikSkarab and @kingofbattle8174 asked about it, since they were curious about it. I told them where I was leaning and they also helped with some good suggestions for categories etc. So I think the fun aspects of the game choices next event are going to be largely due to those three people. I think my biggest contribution was naming it Camp Wannalottaplat. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1