Spring Fling!

Done! Honestly didn't think I'd get the games finished in time, even though I've got a bit more time for gaming currently, work this time of year is just mental for me... 

Now that I'm all wrapped up, I've had the time to sit and reflect on the games I completed for this event... I've got to say:

Life is Strange was just incredible! It blew me away, I was so invested in the characters and the story by the end of the game, that I think the whole experience will stick with me long after the fact. A Solid 9/10 from me.

The Order 1886 was another surprise hit for me. I'd seen so much negativity about the game, primarily due to its length I believe, but I personally found it very enjoyable and a perfect length for the experience it's trying to deliver. I think it was released too early in this generation, a time where people were starved for content, when the library's for each console (PS4 & X1) were a little bare. Probably the wrong price point also. £24.99 or around $30 would have likely been a better choice. Either way, it was awesome! Loved the setting and the gameplay (whilst limited) was fun.

Firewatch, I found it to have quite an interesting story. Some of the dialog between Henry and Delilah was absolutely brilliant. Overall though, it was quite slow paced and I found it a bit tedious with all the walking at times. The dialog and the art style made it a worth while play though, for sure.

Modern Warfare Remastered, Call of Duty at its finest. Back when they gave a damn about the single player. Challenging and fun, definitely a great completion to go for with an excellent trophy list (imo).

Had a blast people! Looking forward to picking out my games for the next one! Hopefully I'll have enough time between now and then to 100% Sleeping Dogs... Apparently I have a slight case of OCD now because it's bugging the sh** out of me that it's not finished ?

Glad to see everyone else is still tearing it up, there's been some huge efforts put in and it's been fun to read through!

• Like 4

Update!!

Finally finished Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for my bonus game. As much as I hated the multiplayer (especially that grind to level 60) I'm glad I was able to replay the story before I jump into Rise of the Tomb Raider for the next event.

@Toogie53 Thank you for doing these events. I really enjoy the ever evolving group dynamic these have created. I'll try to participate with more updates in the next one as I'll be watching a lot less hockey during that one. 

• Like 2

As usual, I'm bringing up the rear. If I dragged my feet any more, I wouldn't have legs.

I finished the first episode of Life is Strange: BtS yesterday, I'll do the second today, and I'll wrap it up tomorrow. So far, I think it's just as good as the first. Not sure what all the complaints were about. I am using a guide, but only for the graffiti sections. I just won't have the time to squeeze in a second playthrough before Tuesday, and it's not like using a collectible guide ruins the story.

Bae over bay any day.

• Like 3

Final update: fortunately, I was able to finish both my last games Saturday - about One Piece, I was expecting complete some 90-minute sessions for grinding KOs (I got almost 9k KOs every session), more precisely five sessions (one Frtiday evening, and two Saturday and Sunday each), I've skipped the "Friday evening" session, but I got the Platinum at the second session after all; about Ratchet and Clank, my biggest worry was about the necessity of maximizing every weapon (I got "Death by Disco" - the most missable trophy of this game - on my first playthrough, when I was getting all collectables), but I took advantage of some grinding spots properly, and I got the related trophy on the final boss during Challenge mode (2nd playthrough).

Final "report" about every game completed for this event:

• Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: since I'm well addicted to Atelier games, this one was a lot simple and enjoyful - I could even complete some non-trophy-tied tasks, just for personal pleasure;
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors: I love One Piece, but I'm not into musou games at all - apparently, I had lots of luck about getting all coins (I took 40 hours - inside-game information -  to Platinum this game, whereas some people had related they're spent more than 60 hours to still have some ones remaining...), but I didn't know if I would be able to get all 100.000 KOs (kills) in time. This game was laying in my backlog since 2014...
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4): it was my first time playing any game from this franchise, and I loved this game. Considering that I'd shot in the dark buying every game from this franchise when they're in some agressive sales, I can say now I haven't wasted my money... (well, probably I still will delay starting/completing every game, but anyways...)
  • There's no bonus game for me this event...

Well, now I have two free weeks, to play some games I've reglected these last days (like Mugen Souls Z, F1, and NASCAR) until The Camp - where I will focus in start some games that I want to start for a long time, such as Madden NFL 18 and Parappa the Rapper Remastered.

• Like 2

Finished up Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory last night. I don't really remember why it took me five years to complete, but it's finally done and I can move on to the PS4 game after this event.

I still have to complete Atelier Firis so I'll give it a go today and see how far I get, and if I think I can't do it by the end of Tuesday I'll switch it out. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, though. I won't be finishing the bonus game either way.

Edited by Arctic Cress

Sorry for being inactive in this event's chat!

@Toogie53 I appreciate you keeping my stats updated throughout the event!

(I believe I also found an Easter egg game, detailed at the bottom) 

To recap my Spring Fling timeline (sorry for the long post):

-I started Lara Croft Go on April 1st and finished it within a couple days. I enjoyed solving the puzzles but was surprised at how short and easy it was compared to Hitman Go. 

-I then steadily worked my way through Minecraft: Story Mode and Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel. After finishing the non-DLC story for the former and the campaign for the latter, I tried playing other games to find Easter eggs. Though I started and finished Gat Out Of Hell (it's a mediocre game imo), I couldn't find anything hidden.

-Returning to Army of Two: TDC, I completed the rest of the trophies. I thought the game and story were okay but it felt more generic than the previous games in the series. 

-Minecraft: SM was next. I enjoyed how mature the story was but thought the episodic nature of the second half made my choices seem way less important. 

-Last week, I finished up a game that I found had some Easter eggs: The Amazing Spider-Man.

It's a repetitive, ugly game but the developers felt enough pride to insert themselves into the game. 

Buildings

1a. A giant Beenox Logo is displayed on one of the large buildings in Manhattan.

1b. There is also a clothing store, Brown & Dee, named after the company's president Dee Brown. 

Social Media

2a. The game's loading screen has a social media feed that changes as the story progresses. At one point, 4 consecutive users have the names 'Bee' 'Nox' 'Luvz' 'You' 

2b. Once you complete the main story, the final post in the loading screen is made by 'LtCoolDee', which is Dee Brown's real Twitter handle. 

I hope these Easter Eggs suffice! Let me know what you think! 

• Like 1

Damnit! So I made a rookie mistake. I was working in Photoshop for quite a while and didn't ever save and it suddenly crashed and I lost my work. However, I wasn't sure about the design. It sounded funny in my head but I don't know if I was executing it well. Its basically an rough looking Easter bunny with a dual shock controller. I thought it would be funny since the Spring Fling badges were pretty girly. But I originally was just going to make an Easter Egg badge. Anyway, I'm going to post it below. You guys can chime in and let me know. If it seems people like it, I will make it again. If not, I will go back to the drawing board probably make one that is an egg. I'm going to start again tonight after some mother's day obligations are resolved.So chime in quickly!

Spoiler

Toogie53.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Damnit! So I made a rookie mistake. I was working in Photoshop for quite a while and didn't ever save and it suddenly crashed and I lost my work. However, I wasn't sure about the design. It sounded funny in my head but I don't know if I was executing it well. Its basically an rough looking Easter bunny with a dual shock controller. I thought it would be funny since the Spring Fling badges were pretty girly. But I originally was just going to make an Easter Egg badge. Anyway, I'm going to post it below. You guys can chime in and let me know. If it seems people like it, I will make it again. If not, I will go back to the drawing board probably make one that is an egg. I'm going to start again tonight after some mother's day obligations are resolved.So chime in quickly!

Hide contents

Toogie53.png

I love it. It'll go really well with my pretty flower.

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Hide contents

Toogie53.png

I really like it as well since it's a 1) great design, and 2) has a different color pallete than all the other badges so they'll all look nice side by side. 

Edited by Kent10201

12 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

I love it. It'll go really well with my pretty flower.

Im just mad because it was too the point where all I needed to do was replace my name with the other peoples. Then crash.

Actually, now that I am actually thinking and not just mad about the crash. I'm realizing it is easier to recover from, since I did export a finished one. I can use clone stamp to remove my name and then boom I will have a blank one and can put people's names in it on a new layer after that.

Edited by Toogie53

Ok. everyone that spoke seems to be for it. So bunny badges coming in the next 30 minutes or so. 

UPDATE:

Badges have been made and sent out to everyone that has completed their games to earn them. If you haven't got one and think you should, please send me a message or reply on this thread. You have approximately 36 hours from this point to wrap things up or change games as needed to finish. I'll send out badges to the stragglers Tuesday night. 

Also, I know some people prefer their badges combined into one image. Let me know if that's you and I'll get it done!

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Hide contents

Toogie53.png

It looks awesome! Great job!

So I put a good five to six hours last night of Atelier Firis, and that told me that I will not get it done tonight, unfortunately. So I'll be switching that out with a Spring Forward game, Machinarium (PS4). You explore a town populated by robots so it makes sense for a futuristic setting.

That should be it, then. No bonus this time, but I'll try to get one done in the summer event.

EDIT: Since I made the last post here, I'll just edit this one saying I finished the game! I played it four years ago but I pretty much forgot the entirety of the game. It was interesting going through the dungeon crawling and Space Invaders sections again.

Edited by Arctic Cress

I've made the final updates for this event. PM me if you see any issues! Thanks again for participating. This one was very successful. So many of you earned the badges! It's a win for our backlogs and completion percentages. The events would not be fun without you guys being here posting and commenting. I'm looking forward to the start of the next one. here is a link if you need it!

• Like 4