Spring Fling!

On 3/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, Toogie53 said:

@Evil_Joker88 I think switching categories is fine, but I don't want to allow using the same category twice.

That's perfectly fine.  I think it would be really cheating if you just had all three of your categories be the same one. I meant, I could go with Little Acre and LEGO Harry Potter for Spring Cleaning but that would be a cop-out. :P I might change my Spring Cleaning for another category as I might plat The Little Acre this month and I'm a little scared to try LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4(Years 5-7 wouldn't count for Spring Chicken as Harry is a lot older and more mature there) because the last time I played the game it glitched up during Year 3 and I couldn't continue.

EDIT: I may swap out Okami HD for the Spring Rolls for Ni No Kuni 2(which I probably will not be able to purchase until April 3 anyways since I think I over-spent on Switch games this month) because in Handsome Phantom's review of the batlte system he mentioned that the characters can earn buffs from eating food and one of the foods he mentions is "Hot Steak Spicy Noodles" which sounds like Asian cooking to me! :D Once the game comes out(since I can't buy it on Day 1 or even pre-order it unless I take the bus to GameStop before Friday and pay a pre-order charge of a few bucks since you pay full price on pre-purchase digitally so I have to spring for a physical disc), I'd like to know if this counts towards the theme or not from people who play it.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

I want to plug Titanfall 2 for this event. I had heard there was a time warp mechanic so I put it as an example in Spring Forward. What I didn't expect was how cleverly it was done. You get an item that let's you control time a little bit. So imagine you're in the ruins of a sky scraper. You need to cross from one side to the other but it's essentially a burned out husk. You jump back into time and the building is intact and you cross the floor and then jump back to the present on the other side of the giant gap. Kind of cool. Then you get attacked, and you go to the past, move around the enemy and jump to the present and shoot them in the back. Even more fun, kind of over powered but you still like it. Then imagine getting into a big fire fight, jumping to the past where it's "safe" and then having a second fire fight going on there.So you are now jumping in and out of two battles separated by time simultaneously. I thought it was really cool. I'm only about halfway through the campaign at this point but loving it so far. There are three multiplayer trophies. Two can be done in the lobby within a couple of minutes. The third is for winning just one game. It's a team game so you can probably do nothing and your team members will eventually carry you to victory anyway. I'll give a warning though, there is one trophy for speed running a training mode and it's supposed to be exceptionally difficult. I don't have it yet so I can't say myself how hard it is, but it looks like it is the one that makes or breaks the platinum. 

• Like 1

I'd like to join! My list would be:

Spring Forward: Life is Strange (PS4)

Spring Cleaning: Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)

Spring Into Action: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Bonus Game: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (PS3) - Has two easter eggs that I'm aware of, one from World of Warcraft and one from the show Lost.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

What you say about Titanfall 2 reminds me of Singularity. There is a time warp too like going in a collapsed building, jumping 50 years back crossing the repaired building. Now my interest for Titanfall 2 rose significantly thx @2G53

I forgot to mention, its on sale for $6 I think. That was also part of why I thought it would be a good pick.

Actually, I am going to overhaul my entire list and make April the Month of LEGO Games because all of the games I am replacing with are LEGO games that fit the theme. This is because I had to remove Spring Chicken as by the time this gets processed I will voided my list by platinuming The Little Acre today. (I got a great video guide for it and decided to remove it now as I am getting tired of seeing it on my library.)

For the record: I am not going to pretend that I can succeed in getting all of these games done 100% in this event(since I know LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 has DLC) but I put them here as part of a group and will try my best to get the platinum for every one of these games. I will definitely get one of the games in each group at 100% by the end of the event.

My LEGO Spring Fling:

Spring Cleaning (tastes like Chicken):

L9affe7.pngL607d19.png
LEGO Harry Potter (Legacy Collection)

I am sort of fusing two categories into one, Years 1-4 for Spring Chicken and 5-7 for Cleaning because it has been in my library (on another account) for over 18 months now and I want to shove it into Library Hell. Don't get me wrong, I used to enjoy Harry Potter and read all of the books and saw all of the movies, but it's time to move on from childhood obsesssions. Pray that Years 1-4 doesn't break on me again. ;)

Spring into Action:

La18a87.pngLd2999b.png
I am going to try to save this for when I re-sub to GameFly because I don't want to pay $100 dollars for two games I only playing through once. Will definitely register LEGO Marvel Superheroes as I've gotten the plat for it on both the PS3(don't do it, PS3 versions of PS4 LEGO games stink to high heaven) but I am going to play the sequel which I skipped on because it was so expensive. :( And the action? C'mon, it's a superhero game, expect lots of Thor's thunder and lightning and Iron Man's missiles. :P

Spring Rolls:

L43ed8b.pngL6c729f.png

LEGO Ninjago

Well, maybe not Nindroids as dying in a level forces you to do it from the beginning, but definitely one of the two. I know it's a cop-out("It's got ninjas so it has to be Asian-themed, right guys?!?") but since the rest of my games are LEGO games, might as well try to get the plat in one of these. I really want to try to register LEGO Ninjago Movie because I heard so much about it but, again, I skipped it.

Easter Egg Bonus:
Lcf80ce.pngLEGO City Undercover

Still putting this as my bonus game for reasons. ;)

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 2

I've picked my Easter Egg game~

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/7dc8e7/Leb6b0f.png

You can find the Ico beach in it!

And with that, my list is:

Spring Rolls: Okami HD

Spring Chicken: South Park: The Stick of Truth
Spring into Action: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Bonus: Shadow of the Colossus

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Spring Rolls: Okami HD

Spring Chicken: South Park: The Stick of Truth
Spring into Action: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Bonus: Shadow of the Colossus

Nice list! I want to play all of those.

On 3/19/2018 at 9:23 PM, CJ_Mystery said:

Whoa, what happened to your username, Toogie? It changed.

Oh haha. I was just playing in the settings that day. I pronounce Toogie53 like 2G53 in my head. Sometimes I pick user names like GG or doubleG etc. Toogie is a nickname I had growing up. No one seems to remember where it came from. My mom thinks it was me mispronouncing my actual name when I was really little. 

18 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Nice list! I want to play all of those.

It'lI be my first time with Okami, but I can confirm from previous gens that Sleeping Dogs, SotC, and Stick of Truth are all worth your time~ (I hear Okami is incredibly long tho, so we will see if I can actually pull it off...)

On 3/19/2018 at 7:14 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

What you say about Titanfall 2 reminds me of Singularity. There is a time warp too like going in a collapsed building, jumping 50 years back crossing the repaired building. Now my interest for Titanfall 2 rose significantly thx @2G53

i dont want to oversell the time travel mechanic because it's just one mission out of 8 or 9. But I thought it was fun and replayed it a couple of extra times. But the time travel thing is a small portion of the game. There is a wide variety of levels and interesting platforming.

4 hours ago, 2G53 said:

i dont want to oversell the time travel mechanic because it's just one mission out of 8 or 9. But I thought it was fun and replayed it a couple of extra times. But the time travel thing is a small portion of the game. There is a wide variety of levels and interesting platforming.

Oh i see... than i overreacted a bit :D  ... in Singularity it takes role in every mission, there are even more possibilities to use like freezing enemies in slow mow :D ... and i looked at Titanfall 2 in CA Store it's too expensive i have ~ 4 CAD left :P 

On 3/19/2018 at 5:05 PM, Arctic Cress said:

I'd like to join. Here's what I'm thinking for this event:

Spring Chicken - Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey

Spring Cleaning - Let's Fish! Hooked On

Spring Break - Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash

Bonus Game - Final Fantasy VII

I added you but the website won't let me reference your profile the normal way like @2G53. I think it's the space in your name. I'm not saying you should change. Just stating why it looks different. @Surge3Beast added you too!

Edited by 2G53

On 3/15/2018 at 6:32 PM, CJ_Mystery said:

EDIT: Maybe I might change one of the games on the list after hearing Kent10201's comment on Mary Skelter Nightmares for his "Spring Loaded" entry. Can Toogie verify that any sort of anime type game involving hentai in it would be considering something that screams "The writers were stoned AND drunk when they wrote this!"? Or am I just being racist towards Japanese anime? 1f644.png

LMAO! I missed this when you posted it, but saw it today. I think you have a good point. I wonder what the writer was on when I see most amines.