Spring Fling!

7 hours ago, 2G53 said:

LMAO! I missed this when you posted it, but saw it today. I think you have a good point. I wonder what the writer was on when I see most amines.

What do proteins have to do with what I was talking about? xD

Yeah sorry, but I had to make an amino acid joke after seeing that typo. Didn't mean to be a Spelling Nazi. ;)

• Like 1

One question... would LEGO Star Wars count as Springing into Action? Should I even bother to ask? :)

The reason is I could get the remaining two games on my library today. I have $17.50 in PSN cash and because of the Indoors Sale they're having on PSN, I could get put the second LEGO Harry Potter in as Spring Cleaning and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens for PS4 as my Spring into Action game.

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

One question... would LEGO Star Wars count as Springing into Action? Should I even bother to ask? :)

The reason is I could get the remaining two games on my library today. I have $17.50 in PSN cash and because of the Indoors Sale they're having on PSN, I could get put the second LEGO Harry Potter in as Spring Cleaning and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens for PS4 as my Spring into Action game.

You can pick whatever you want. Star Wars has a decent amount of action so I think it works fine. If you wanted something like Everyone's Gone to the Rapture for Spring Action I'd think that was quite the stretch and suggest you pick something else. I don't really police the games though. Its more important to me that people enjoy what they are playing, even if they are jamming a square peg through a round hole to fit the categories. 

Just now, 2G53 said:

You can pick whatever you want. Star Wars has a decent amount of action so I think it works fine. If you wanted something like Everyone's Gone to the Rapture for Spring Action I'd think that was quite the stretch and suggest you pick something else. I don't really police the games though. Its more important to me that people enjoy what they are playing, even if they are jamming a square peg through a round hole to fit the categories. 

Thanks for the comforting words, Toogee. I was a bit concerned that Harry Potter Legacy Collection wasn't old enough but it was in one of my old accounts and I wanted to get that out of the way. I had a glitch that made LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 lose data and I had to redo the game from scratch but I hope that doesn't happen during the event. I do have PS Plus right now so I can back up my save after every level just in case. :) Off to purchase LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which is a game I really wanted to try out even though some of the trophies seem a bit tricky.

11 hours ago, Barbell-Disciple said:

Im in! If there's still room!? This looks to be awesome fun! And being brand new to PlayStation, it gives me an excuse to burn through some games and get my Trophy level up!

My choices so far:

Spring Forward - Life is Strange

Spring Flowers - Firewatch

Spring Into Action - Sleeping Dogs, DE

Bonus Game - Arkham Asylum

There's a cool Easter Egg in Arkham Asylum that shows the blueprints for Arkham City.

I hope these games fit the criteria. If I have a change of heart with any of my selections or they're not appropriate, I will update this post accordingly. 

Love the graphics you posted!  Nicest ones I've seen in a long time!

• Like 1

Yeah, it inspired me to make a video montage! (Which I will probably never upload to my Youtube page, which is sadly barren.) But anyways, here is my final unabridged list for the event, after thinning out a bit so I would have only four games. (I could do 7 but I swore never to underestimate the length of a LEGO game journey to platinum ever again after LEGO Marvel's Avengers.) (No illustrations.)

Spring Chicken: LEGO Harry Potter, Years 1-4 (PS4 Legacy Collection)

Spring Cleaning: LEGO Harry Potter, Years 5-7 (PS4 Legacy Collection)

I had bought this on sale in early 2016, traded it back in for a profit in later 2016, and then bought it online for my umpteenth account. Used to be a big Harry Potter fan and even still have the audiobook CDs for the Deathly Hallows (the book which is only one book unlike the movies and games) sleeping around my place somewhere. :)

Spring into Action: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4 version)

While I had a goal of platinuming all of the LEGO Marvel superhero games, I found that Marvel Superheroes 2 has DLC packs and I won't spend an extra $15 dollars for five levels for a game I'm only going to rent. :( Besides, I never saw the actual movie so I am going to watch The Force Awakens in the same way I did Jurassic Park, via LEGO. ^_^

Bonus Easter Egg Game: LEGO City Undercover

Halfway through the game there is a token you can earn by completing a task which involving a ruined castle in the countryside. At the top of the castle is a flag... I was willing to break even this month to get LEGO City Undercover for both the PS4 and the Switch because I wanted to show the Easter Egg fully and you can't do that in the PS4 version because the egg is obscured because it's a Nintendo easter egg. ;)

I can't wait until April Fool's Day! Guess I'll have to try to kill time by trying to grind out those last familiars for the Ni No Kuni Platinum so I can cut off my PS Now sub and not worry about losing my save files. :D

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Oh good, I didn’t miss it! For my list:

Spring Flowers: Flower (PS3 edition): [0%]: I have three versions of this game so I should at least get one version done by now :P Lots of blooming flowers in this one.

Spring Forward: Beyond Two Souls: [12%] I’m pretty sure this counts. [slight spoiler] The main character has a superpower which, although it’s not exactly time travel, she can move things with her mind. It fits a futuristic concept, I believe (If this doesn’t count then I’ll pick a new one)

Spring Chicken: Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3): [13%] I love this game and was super excited to get the PS3 version for free on plus. The elf princess is young, the dwarf is a bit naïve, and the pirate guy is rather foolish if I recall correctly.

Bonus Game: Murdered: Soul Suspect [0%]: I just really want to play this game, but haven’t been able to get motivated to do some major collectible hunting. Google says there are several Easter eggs in this game including Just Cause 2 posters, deus ex screen savers, and a tomb raider verbal reference. I’ll keep my eye out for them and report back if I see them ?

• Like 3

Can Sunday hurry up so we can start this awesome event!? :P I've been struggling to play any of my backlogged games. Managed to finish one but only because my boyfriend told me to play it so he could laugh at me being stupidly jump scared (which I will note, doesn't happen often.) Need the motivation like now! Lol. 

Had to make some adjustments to my list. My primary game is going to take up a lot of time. I would use it for the challenge but I do not have faith that I can complete the multiple playthroughs in time.

SPRING ROLLS: Lost Sphear

L602bef.png

This one hasn't changed. Recipes will give you different buffs depending on which one you eat. There are three separate trophies for eating three extremely rare recipes. You collect the ingredients from all over the region to make food in that region. Honestly I don't see it make that big of a difference.

SPRING CHICKEN: Among the Sleep

Ld1b2f0.png

I saw this game and thought it looked amusing.

SPRING LOADED: The Wolf Among Us

L652796.png

Plenty of drinking in this game.

BONUS GAMES:

Easter egg Challenge

See the source image

I had to change this one up. This is the original Easter egg. It is also a game that shamefully I have not ever played so now seems like the perfect opportunity. So this is my bonus.

Spring is in the Air

L1880d8.png

Just to annoy people. And it is spring in the title.

Spring Training: Baseball Riot

Lde0e10.png

What says spring like baseball? So in this bonus complete any baseball related game.

Spring in your Step: Midnight Deluxe

L2167e1.png

A spring means jumping, aka platformers. So I also added a simple platformer to the mix to change things up.

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

Can Sunday hurry up so we can start this awesome event!? :P I've been struggling to play any of my backlogged games. Managed to finish one but only because my boyfriend told me to play it so he could laugh at me being stupidly jump scared (which I will note, doesn't happen often.) Need the motivation like now! Lol. 

I'm sorry my efforts at making a device that will simultaneously change every calendar on the planet to 4/1 have thus far proven ineffective!

57 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

There are some games I'd really like to get started on, but I'm afraid I'll go nuts and finish them before the weekend.

Me too. I've been nibbling on games in my list. Playing the tutorials and stuff like that. I'm ready to jump in there and get going. I think it's pretty safe to start, if you can save yourself a trophy for April 1st so that it gets finished during the official event dates. I'm planning to start on my games Saturday. I don't think I'll finish any of mine in a single day. 

49 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

BONUS GAMES:

Easter egg Challenge

See the source image

Nice pick!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Ive been reading to much Ready Player One. Can you tell? lol. I pray they don't destroy it with the movie. Im already really sad because they made Wade skinny and semi good looking.

I agree. Part of the point was you can be someone else in the Oasis. So why not have him be an average joe thats a bit overweight. 

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Can Sunday hurry up so we can start this awesome event!? :P

As much as i like Toogie's events i'm happy i have a little bit of time left to get my Plat #175 at which i am working for quite a while now ?

I am thinking for replacements already. 1-2 titles without Platinum Trophies ?

52 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

As much as i like Toogie's events i'm happy i have a little bit of time left to get my Plat #175 at which i am working for quite a while now 1f602.png

I am thinking for replacements already. 1-2 titles without Platinum Trophies 1f600.png

175?! Holy crap. 

54 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

175?! Holy crap. 

I was busy last year. There are so many easy plats by now i got 30 in December and 80 in the whole year 2017 :D

I started the year with 167 Platinum Trophies :) But since Bleach demands many hours of grinding i'm slowly progressing the year. But i'll have plans to reach number 200 this year

12 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I was busy last year. There are so many easy plats by now i got 30 in December and 80 in the whole year 2017 :D

I started the year with 167 Platinum Trophies :) But since Bleach demands many hours of grinding i'm slowly progressing the year. But i'll have plans to reach number 200 this year

That's definitely a big milestone. I got my first plat last May, so I'm coming up on a one year mark myself. I think I'll have 65-70 by then which is a pretty good year. At first I was very interested in climbing the ladder and getting a lot of plats quickly. However, now I've settled into a place where I can enjoy games without pressuring myself. I don't have any specific trophy goals, but I'll advance in conjunction with my goal to get all the games on my profile to Rank A. I think I'll likely have 100 by the end of the year.