R.I.P. My Chemical Romance

DanielVT

I'm not sure how many of you heard the sad news, but its official, MCR the epic band that it was is over. Done. Finished. Disbanded. A sad day for fans (like myself) everywhere. Use this thread to post your favorite songs or whatever you want in tribute of a great band that kept it real.

All HARDCORE things must come to an end!

And sadly, it's time for the world to say good-bye to My Chemical Romance!

The pop-infused punk rock band has announced that after over ten years of music, touring, thieving drummers and bassists stepping out on their wives, they have decided that despite their time together being "a true blessing," that "it has come time for it to end."

In a blog post on their official website yesterday, Gerard and Mikey Way, Ray Toro and Frank Iero wrote:

"Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure."

Sad! But it certainly sounds as though everyone was in agreement to move on!

Thanks for the tune-age, guys!

We'll be blasting Helena in your honor for the rest of the night!

What do U think? Are U sad to say good-bye to My Chemical Romance??

http://perezhilton.com/2013-03-24-my-chemical-romance-breaks-up#.UVdR5L7D-M8

530870869_5eeef046d5.jpg

MRC.jpg

Edited by DanielVT

I heard rumours of this a few months ago after hearing that Gerad Way was being a dick to fans, back on the drugs and that Mikey Way was cheating on his wife. I suppose that would lead to a lot of in-fighting, bickering and the like; and now they've split-up. I feel bad for their fans, but the news on the whole doesn't particularly surprise me. Also, I wouldn't rule out a reunion considering they're still relatively young; this break-up might be better for the band in the long-term.You only need to look at David Bowie - him living in self-imposed media isolation has only made his legend grow.

EDIT: in no way shape or form are MCR comparable musically to the genius of David Bowie - just thought I'd make that abundantly clear. 

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 3

Wow.....so much hate....I honestly never saw that coming. @Gota, I never heard those rumors. If they are true, then it makes total sense as to why they broke up. Gerard said the reason for the break-up was partially because he was not feeling the same passion and drive anymore and wanted to remain cutting edge, not just going through the motions. I as well would not be too surprised if they get back together sometime in the future. I at least would welcome such a reunion! :D

Ah, I honestly am surprised it didn't happen sooner! I saw them in concert a few years back and lost touch in their music after that. They were bound to end sooner or later but maybe they will get back together. I don't think I've liked anything they've made for a while but I do have great memories from when I was in school. Farewell MCR! 

Edited by BeautyBlade

A bit harsh to call someone's music "Disgusting". 

Just sharing my opinion. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but thats just how I feel, I've attempted to listen to a few of their songs and I cannot finish any of them. Again, I think it sucks for the fans who like their music as I'll never be one to try and force someone to like another type of music, but this is no loss to me.

Parker

i haven't listened to them in years, however their music was one of the staples of my early teenage years of emo angst, so I'm sad in a nostalgic, 14-year-old-me kind of way.

This

Last time i listened to them was Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge in 2003 along with The Used, Silverstein, Senses Fail and that good stuff. Not my type of music anymore but it does bring back memories...

R.I.P

Glad i got to see them in Taste Of Chaos in 2005.

What great memories those were :wub:

• Like 1