Lets Play Our Vita Backlog

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Kevvik Did you like The Caligula Effect? I've had a digital copy for ages I've been meaning to start, but the save glitch has kept me from it. 

So my views are mixed. I actually liked the story and the combat. I didn't have any issue with the save glitch and I only uploaded my save every few days to be safe.

What I didn't like was the grind. Now I've done a lot of grinding in my day, even through the pointless battling in MeiQ and Omega Quintet.  This one was actually more annoying and I'll go into why.  

There are 2 things you will do a lot of in this game while heading for the platinum.  The first is building friendships. There are over 500 students in this game to make friends with. You need to do this for a few reasons. First is trophies. The class mystery trophies involve finding a specific student within each class and resolving their traumas. Second, resolving a student's two traumas (superficial and deep) will unlock bonus passive skills, the XP based ones which are critical in helping you level up to 100. Third, many students won't be your friend until you are friends with whoever is connected to them on the grid.  As a result you will go through becoming friends with 400+ of the students for getting those bonus skills for XP and solving the class mysteries.  This would be fine if you did anything but click to do it. Walk up to them, click them, click through the inane conversation fragment (no dialogue choices), rinse and repeat. 5-6 (depending on your charm level, 6 at the start and it can reduce to 5 later if your charm has raised enough) of these conversations will get your relationship to level 2 (friend) which is needed to unlock those connected to them. You can chat with them 5 times before needing to change areas and find them again.  With no real connection to what is being said, this gets really tedious.

Second, levelling up.  Enemies don't scale with you and XP drops as you level past your enemies. At the start, it's not really noticeable. In fact you might have to grind here and there to keep up with areas.  I finished the game fairly easily at level 33.  Now you grind to 100. You need to go up for more than just the trophy. Several of the mystery quests will need you in the 60s-80s for the battles with good supporting equips and a few buffing passive skills for your main three characters (normal party is 4 but when clearing some traumas, you bring the student with you and their levels are piddling). With the XP to level up for 60+ being around 140-360k per level up to 100, getting 150-250 xp per fight against normal enemies, you need a better way.  This better way is the end game sequence. After beating it the first time, you will save your clear game data. Reloading this to do post game will put you in a hub at the time just before the end game battle.  Beating the end game (3 fights) with XP boosts (passive and a skill) will net you 50-60k once you get it down to winning each fight first turn, 20-30k if you don't. Doesn't sound bad. The problem is this sequence takes about 15 minutes. You load up, move to the end area, run through the area to the boss area, skip a bunch of story which speeds the dialogue but not the animations, do 1 fight, skip more, 2 more fights, skip more, save clear data. Rinse and repeat. About 2-3 minutes of combat in that 15 (I got it down to about 13 on a smooth run) and you are doing this a few hundred times in your quest for level 100. It took me about 50+ hrs of this to level up with 8-10 hrs of that actually being combat. It's a truly horrible experience.

I liked the game but the end grind was just terrible and really took away from the experience.  Anyone going into this for the plat should really know what they are letting themselves in for.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

September  2019

• Undertale    (:platinum: #400)
  •  Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition 
  • Mochi Mochi Boy 
  • Super Willoo Demake
  • Hoggy 2   (PSN lvl 75 :platinum:)
  • Bouncy Bullets 
  • Mekabolt
  • Wordsweeper by POWGI 
  • Volume 

.... all popped whilst on holiday in Bali ?

Edited by damage_6-9
Typo
  • Like 4

1L912811.png

Its dooonne!! After five long years of playing this game on and off its finally over.

Final Fantasy X-2 HD is completed thanks to my trusty PS Vita giving me the time to do it :D

another game off the backlog! 

the name of the platinum trophy title is a bit rubbish though

S94f543.png plat achieved 10th August 

S3aeba4.png plat achieved 16th August

S2fb283.png plat achieved 21st August 

Sfacd1b.png plat achieved 30th September 

Thats my update :D

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 2

Forgot to post when I finished Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God. A cute yet tough rouge-like dungeon crawler. It took a few years, but finally done.

Started reading Death Mark last night, that'll likely be my next completion game. It's a VN with a little more involvement then just dialogue choices (think the Nonary Games with room searches & a bit of puzzling). I was set on reading it for about an hour last before I went to bed, got about 20min in & had to turn on a light. To my credit though I did not take out my headphones. The game is equal parts creepy & beautiful, music hauntingly chilling. Really enjoying it so far. If anyone is looking for something spooky, highly recommend. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Forgot to post when I finished Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God. A cute yet tough rouge-like dungeon crawler. It took a few years, but finally done.

Started reading Death Mark last night, that'll likely be my next completion game. It's a VN with a little more involvement then just dialogue choices (think the Nonary Games with room searches & a bit of puzzling). I was set on reading it for about an hour last before I went to bed, got about 20min in & had to turn on a light. To my credit though I did not take out my headphones. The game is equal parts creepy & beautiful, music hauntingly chilling. Really enjoying it so far. If anyone is looking for something spooky, highly recommend. 

Two questions how hard is Sorcery Saga? Because i am playing it now and i find myself lost for what to do most of the time and some dungeons i get really close and i die before i finish?

Death Mark: i have heard if you have the physical edition you need to download something extra for the game to get the platinum? Is this correct? as i have the NA collectors edition instead of the EU version which my profile is?

Just now, DarkSoleride said:

Two questions how hard is Sorcery Saga? Because i am playing it now and i find myself lost for what to do most of the time and some dungeons i get really close and i die before i finish?

I platted it a long time ago.  It's a bit hard in the beginning, but once you have some good gear it's easy and incredibly grindy.

My advice would be to take some time and build up a weapon (preferably a sword) and a shield up to +20 at least before going any further.  There's an easy five floor dungeon and also the first dungeon are good for just doing some runs to get stuff to help you build up a cache of gear.  Also get yourself a stock of each unique weapon type you can for now (you'll appreciate this later when you have to start maxing them all out for bookworm).  When you do a run for gear, save every weapon/shield that is +1 or -1 or better (you need the -1 ones for the trophy to make a piece of gear that is -99).  Anything that doesn't have a + or - value and isn't a type you don't have you can get rid of or feed to Kuu.

There's also a trick where one weapon can be sold in a dungeon with a merchant for more than you buy it for and you can build up a nice cache of gold that way too.  You'll need that to eventually upgrade to +99, and also once you start the grind for bookworm because you'll forging your +99 weapon to one of another type and using it until it maxes out and repeating that many times.  For now your goal should be to build up a good weapon and shield.  +20 is going to be solid enough to get you to a point where the dungeons are doable.

Also be aware of the game's auto saving.  Save before you go into a dungeon, but if it looks like you're about to die you can press the PS button and force quit before it saves.  This can be a lifesaver if you accidentally lost your weapon right before dying or you brought in anything that isn't equipped and don't want to lose it (like that sword that can be sold for more than you buy it for, or any scrolls).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I platted it a long time ago.  It's a bit hard in the beginning, but once you have some good gear it's easy and incredibly grindy.

My advice would be to take some time and build up a weapon (preferably a sword) and a shield up to +20 at least before going any further.  There's an easy five floor dungeon and also the first dungeon are good for just doing some runs to get stuff to help you build up a cache of gear.  Also get yourself a stock of each unique weapon type you can for now (you'll appreciate this later when you have to start maxing them all out for bookworm).  When you do a run for gear, save every weapon/shield that is +1 or -1 or better (you need the -1 ones for the trophy to make a piece of gear that is -99).  Anything that doesn't have a + or - value and isn't a type you don't have you can get rid of or feed to Kuu.

There's also a trick where one weapon can be sold in a dungeon with a merchant for more than you buy it for and you can build up a nice cache of gold that way too.  You'll need that to eventually upgrade to +99, and also once you start the grind for bookworm because you'll forging your +99 weapon to one of another type and using it until it maxes out and repeating that many times.  For now your goal should be to build up a good weapon and shield.  +20 is going to be solid enough to get you to a point where the dungeons are doable.

Also be aware of the game's auto saving.  Save before you go into a dungeon, but if it looks like you're about to die you can press the PS button and force quit before it saves.  This can be a lifesaver if you accidentally lost your weapon right before dying or you brought in anything that isn't equipped and don't want to lose it (like that sword that can be sold for more than you buy it for, or any scrolls).

Hi Mate

thank you very much for this information it is very handy i will bare this in mind whilst playing :D

6 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Hi Mate

thank you very much for this information it is very handy i will bare this in mind whilst playing :D

You're welcome!  Enjoy the game and soon enough you'll be able to do a 100 floor dungeon over and over again without a problem.

Also, this is a good thing to have on hand: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-lAlGNcgYislhu_m7_9yDMP5ycLiq9_Eji-at1dPYg/htmlview#

If you didn't already, that is.  It's linked in the forums.

Basically everything ladynadiad just put & then some! I'll add prioritize bringing magic compacts & change scrolls back to town. Don't use them until you've finished everything else, just put them into storage. They're essential when going for spell books since the end dungeon rewards are random.

The key really is to have +level equipment. & be very mindful of certain enemies. Because of the squirrel/chickens that can eat your items you don't want to be carrying around items you're actively leveling up or down (except the equipped ones). I kept the -level equipment in my room since its cheap to get Kuu to craft & safe. Money shouldn't be too much of an issue though if you sell everything extra in your bag when you get back. Though make sure you have one or two of each sword/shield/staff. I'd recommend downloading that item spreadsheet & keep an eye on the equipment with the fragile or brittle quality.  You'll need an ID scroll for each to protect from breaking.

Closing out the game instead of taking the loss is often the better route. Especially if you get in a situation where your equipment is removed, cursed, knocked down, or eaten. I'm sure you've seen combinations of these when surrounded by enemies. Getting through the story while leveling up equipment is the toughest part of the game. It wouldn't hurt to go over previous dungeons again for levels & to pick up theatre items. & if Kuu happens to learn crafting, take advantage to level for free. You can also tell which items are cursed as they won't appear in the crafting list.

The Vita version of Death Mark has an extra chapter not included. Red Riding Hood, I think that's what you're talking about. It's an extra DLC with trophies on the PS4, but I think the Vita version doesn't include trophies for it. I haven't read the list to avoid spoilers, but it has fewer than the PS4, with no DLC packs. I bought the extra chapter when it was on sale & I have a physical NA copy as well. I doubt it's necessary for the platinum, but I'll let you know for sure when I finish a run & read the list.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Basically everything ladynadiad just put & then some! I'll add prioritize bringing magic compacts & change scrolls back to town. Don't use them until you've finished everything else, just put them into storage. They're essential when going for spell books since the end dungeon rewards are random.

I'd honestly disagree with them being "essential"  Change scrolls are incredibly random as well and while they can net something nice, more often than not they'll net something worthless.  Either way, the result is completely random.  I got the plat without bothering with them after a few attempts always gave me something worse than what I started with.  Yes, dungeon rewards are random, but to be honest I had no trouble at all getting all the needed books to max out all my magic long before I was done with the grind for bookworm.  The easiest way to handle that grind is to just complete dungeons over and over again and preferably something with a lot of floors since you make more progress in grinding with more powerful monsters.  Most of the time you'll get at least one spell book from beating a boss and by the the end, the bosses are really simple.  As long as you keep killing bosses, you have a good chance of getting the needed books naturally on the way to getting bookworm.

• Like 2

@ladynadiad RNG may have been kind to you, but I was getting down to my last handful of weapons to upgrade with still 2 spell book upgrades left. I know you're likely to find them clearing the sky palace a few times, wasn't going to do it though as I had the game crash twice in there & lost 99+ equipment from an unlucky enemy setup. I found it was easier to take equipment through the curry tower killing a few enemies at each level. The equipment would reach it's final upgrade by the end every time & you'd get the chest rewards for spell books at the end. For the sake of my sanity I just took 5-10 change scrolls into a dungeon, used them, if I got the book I needed I'd transport back to town. Repeat. If not, just reload the game. Just another option to consider.

@DarkSolerideOh & don't forget to buy the doll in the chef's shop for the item list. It wasn't listed on the spreadsheet I used, but it cycles through the shop often. & after you get 99+ equipment the best place to tackle the minotaurs is on the first area of any early game dungeon as it can't collapse over the turn limit. Bring a transport book to get back to town when all variations are defeated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@ladynadiad RNG may have been kind to you, but I was getting down to my last handful of weapons to upgrade with still 2 spell book upgrades left. I know you're likely to find them clearing the sky palace a few times, wasn't going to do it though as I had the game crash twice in there & lost 99+ equipment from an unlucky enemy setup. I found it was easier to take equipment through the curry tower killing a few enemies at each level. The equipment would reach it's final upgrade by the end every time & you'd get the chest rewards for spell books at the end. For the sake of my sanity I just took 5-10 change scrolls into a dungeon, used them, if I got the book I needed I'd transport back to town. Repeat. If not, just reload the game. Just another option to consider.

I tried various dungeons and honestly found no dungeon had a better or worse chance to give needed drops for spell books.  Nearly every dungeon gave at least one spell book for clearing the boss though, so it was on RNG whether it was one you still needed or not.  I didn't run the Sacred Sky Palace other than the one time needed for the monster entries.  Upgrade only runs were either just the first 100 floors of the Sacred Sky Palace (up until the boss) or the curry tower.  If one is aiming specifically for spell books, it's not a bad tactic to run the Rock Hard Cavern over and over again since its the shortest and you have as equal of a chance of getting the needed book as a run of the curry tower.

But  yeah, RNG hated me with change scrolls.  I tried using them every time I had one and only once got something I actually needed.  Every other time I ended up with something even more worthless. 

K, latest update...

Atelier Rorona Plus - 0% --->14% --->100%:platinum:

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 0% ---> 17%

Deception IV: Blood Ties - 27%

Dragon Fantasy Book I - 0% ---> 100% 1f4af.png

Dragon Fantasy Book II - 0%

Final Fantasy X HD - 16%

Grand Kingdom - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Guacamelee! - 46% ---> 49%

Knytt Underground - 66%

La-Mulana EX - 0%

Lemmings Touch - 59%

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy - 82%

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - 0% ---> 33%

Silent Hill: Book of Memories - 24% 

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed - 27% ---> 41% ---> 91%--->100%:platinum:

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz - 40%

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - 0% ---> 8%

TorqueL - 61%

Touhou Double Focus - 0% ---> 7% ---> 13%

Toukiden: The Age of Demons - 91%

Ys Origin - 5%

Completed games list

Spoiler

A Rose in the Twilight - 0%   --->100%:platinum:

Adventures of Mana - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - 0% ---> 31% ---> 100%:platinum:

Burly Men at Sea - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Claire - 0% --->100%:platinum:

Cosmic Star Heroine - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Exist Archive - 2% ---> 4% ---> 60% --->100%:platinum:

Forma.8 - 0% ---> 36% --->100%:platinum:

Full Throttle Remastered - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

#NiQ: The Firefly Diary - 0% ---> 22% ---> 100%:platinum:

Inksplosion - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Jak II - 7% ---> 14% ---> 100%:platinum:

Jak 3 - 0% --->Rejected

Mary Skelter: Nightmares - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

MegaTagmension Blanc+Neptune Vs Zombies - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Monster Monpiece - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

Paper's Please - 0% ---> 100% 1f4af.png 

Spellspire - 0% ---> 88% --->100%:platinum:

Superdimension Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls - 0%---> 42%--->100%:platinum:

The Bard's Tale - 0% ---> 100%:platinum:

The Bridge - 0% ---> 100% 1f4af.png

The Caligula Effect - 0% ---> 7%--->100%:platinum:

The Unfinished Swan - 0% ---> 100% 1f4af.png

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception - 0% ---> 81%--->100%:platinum:

Valhalla Knights 3 - 0% ---> 18% --->100%:platinum:

Word Search by POWGI - 0% --->100%:platinum:

Word Sudoku by POWGI - 8% --->100%:platinum:

Bit of progress and finally knocked off Sonic this past month.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

October 2019:

• Devious Dungeon 2     AS
  • One Word by POWGI    AS
  • Word Sudoku by POWGI     AS
  • Hoggy 2     AS 
  • Mochi Mochi Boy    AS (100th Vita plat this year)
  • Super Willoo Demake     AS
  • Back in 1995     AS
  • Distraint: Deluxe Edition 
  • Super Box  Land Demake 
  • Habroxia
  • My Big Sister
  • Gravity Duck     NA 
  • Mekabolt     NA  
  • Super Willoo Demake   NA  (200th plat this year)
  • Hoggy 2     NA 
  • Bouncy Bullets      NA 
  • Mochi Mochi Boy     NA  
Edited by damage_6-9
Typo
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

November 2019

• Word Search by POWGI      AS 
  • Deep Space Rush
  • Himno
  • Legend of the Skyfish 
  • Football Game 
  • Just Ignore Them 
  • Mekabolt    AS
  • Deep Space Rush    AS
  • Football Game    AS
  • Himno    AS
  • Habroxia    AS
  • Gravity Duck    AS  ( PSN level 81 & Vita plat #200)
  • Distraint: Deluxe Edition    AS 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

December  2019

• Super Box Land Demake    AS 
  • Reverie   NA 
  • Deep Space Rush    NA 
  • Himno   NA   (PSN level 83)
  • Just Ignore Them     NA 
  • Word  Maze by POWGI   
  • FoxyLand    AS
  • FoxyLand    NA
  • Football Game    NA 
  • Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI  
  • Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI     NA 
  • A Winter's Daydream    NA (PSN level 84 & 250th plat for the year)

Edited by damage_6-9
Typo
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

January  2020  

• FoxyLand 
  • A Winter's Daydream 
  • Fifty Words by POWGI 
  • Without Escape
  • Super Box Land Demake     NA 
  • Habroxia        NA 
  • Red Bow        NA