Lets Play Our Vita Backlog

After buying a new vita recently im back in the game. Here is my list:

I'm still playing through the story on Digimon (now on chapter 10 so maybe halfway). & I picked up a new vita game I've had on my wishlist for about a year now. Just had to wait for it to go on sale. My update is as follows:

• Play list; Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory [30%-->38%]
  • To Play list addition; God Eater 2: Rage Burst

On 3/25/2018 at 0:19 AM, Kishnabe said:

My list:

Adventure of Mana 0%

Bentley's Hackpack  4%

Claire 6%

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony 0%

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus  0%

Demon Gaze II 0%

Deep Ones 1%

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth 16%

Don't Die, Mr. Robot! 52%

Dragon Quest Builders 3%

Foul Play 3%

Frozen Synapse Prime 59%

Gunhouse 60%

Guacamelee! 27%

Gravity Rush 13%

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X  30%

Jacob Jones 0%

League of Evil 15%

Muramasa Rebirth 2%

Metropolis: Lux Obscura  100% April 4th

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas 10%

Papers, Please 0%

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate 0%

Rogue Legacy 45%

Rugby 15 0%

Rugby World Cup 2015 0%

Save the Ninja Clan 5%

Spy Chameleon 37%

Stardrone Extreme 4%

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls 5%

Supermagical 4%

Steins;Gate 1%

The Keeper of 4 Elements 23%

The Count Lucanor 12%

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14%

Tokyo Xanadu 4%

Uncanny Valley 0%

Woah Dave! 52%

World of Final Fantasy 5%

WRC 5 53%

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games 0%

Completed League of Evil

Adding Devious Dungeon, Pulzar, Inkplosion, 

Just knocked Exist Archive off my backlog.  And added Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus and Revenant Saga.  Yeah, I need to cut it out with adding new ones, but at least most of them have been VNs and will be quick to get off the backlog and I plan to tackle a bunch of them soon.  Getting Exist Archive off the backlog is great though because that was a long and grindy plat.

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@xEl_Cidx @Cake@ladynadiad @DarkSoleride @Kiaranseanjay

This first batch of updates is complete using your list and also comparing your profile page for any that might have slipped through.

Awesome, and of course I go and add another.  Just got Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly, which I hope is as interesting as its weird title.  Definitely going to have to binge on all these VNs I've gotten.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Awesome, and of course I go and add another.  Just got Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly, which I hope is as interesting as its weird title.  Definitely going to have to binge on all these VNs I've gotten.

I have yet to try a vn game. Not sure how I would enjoy them.

12 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I have yet to try a vn game. Not sure how I would enjoy them.

If you like reading or enjoy cutscenes a lot you may like some.  They pretty much are all reading with limited to no gameplay beyond that.  They actually are similar to newer Telltale games, but with anime styled art and a lot of the genre focuses more on romance than the consequences of your choices (though many VNs have bad endings that you get from making bad choices).  They aren't entirely romance though, many of the better ones have elements of other genres like mystery, horror or adventure to their stories.

If you want to give some a shot that aren't heavily romance focused, a few of those would be Steins;Gate, Corpse Party: Blood Drive, and Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness.  The Danganronpa and Zero Escape series also have elements of VNs to them and are more focused on reading than gameplay and could help you to know if the genre is something you might like.  It's not for everyone, but I love the stories and the Vita has a bunch of good ones.

39 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Yes any game owned, does not have to be started.

Ok cool. Well, in any case...

Completed:

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Ys Orign

Backlog:

Dynasty Warriors Next

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Samurai Warriors 4

Samurai Warriors 4-II

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3

Attack on Titan

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory

Tokyo Xanadu

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

Mary Skelter: Nightmares

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable

Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution

Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki Evolution

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

Thanks for updating! I didn't include Psycho-Pass in my list though because I was never sure I would play and complete it. Anywho, I'm working on LEGO Star Wars. Almost at the end of the story, and I'll work on the collectibles afterwards. Should be done by the weekend.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 8:03 PM, ladynadiad said:

If you like reading or enjoy cutscenes a lot you may like some.  They pretty much are all reading with limited to no gameplay beyond that.  They actually are similar to newer Telltale games, but with anime styled art and a lot of the genre focuses more on romance than the consequences of your choices (though many VNs have bad endings that you get from making bad choices).  They aren't entirely romance though, many of the better ones have elements of other genres like mystery, horror or adventure to their stories.

If you want to give some a shot that aren't heavily romance focused, a few of those would be Steins;Gate, Corpse Party: Blood Drive, and Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness.  The Danganronpa and Zero Escape series also have elements of VNs to them and are more focused on reading than gameplay and could help you to know if the genre is something you might like.  It's not for everyone, but I love the stories and the Vita has a bunch of good ones.

I am starting off with one on my phone, see how it goes. I chose a free one that is not a dating sim. That was hard to find lol. It is a noir mystery. 

6 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I am starting off with one on my phone, see how it goes. I chose a free one that is not a dating sim. That was hard to find lol. It is a noir mystery. 

I do get that very well.  For some reason the dating sim types are more popular to get localizations or have western devs who make games of that style.  There's some great horror and mystery ones, but they are more rare.  Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly so far is shaping up to be more focused on horror and mystery elements, but knowing the dev there is probably going to be some romance, it just seems to be lighter on romance than most of their games (and I'm really loving the plot and premise so far).

If you end up liking it, I know the Ace Attorney series is available on mobile and that's a great series that is similar to VNs, though they aren't free.  You play as an attorney solving murder cases in those games.  They have some gameplay elements with the investigations done and having to present evidence in court and such, but are pretty easy games you play for the story.

7 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I do get that very well.  For some reason the dating sim types are more popular to get localizations or have western devs who make games of that style.  There's some great horror and mystery ones, but they are more rare.  Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly so far is shaping up to be more focused on horror and mystery elements, but knowing the dev there is probably going to be some romance, it just seems to be lighter on romance than most of their games (and I'm really loving the plot and premise so far).

If you end up liking it, I know the Ace Attorney series is available on mobile and that's a great series that is similar to VNs, though they aren't free.  You play as an attorney solving murder cases in those games.  They have some gameplay elements with the investigations done and having to present evidence in court and such, but are pretty easy games you play for the story.

If I do end up liking it, I do have psycho pass that I got through ps+ and my library has I think two more. Along with a zero time game.

Just finished Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly and can remove that from the backlog.  It was a really good VN and I'd also recommend it to people who prefer less romance focused ones.  It has some romance, but definitely has more of a focus on other elements and a really interesting premise to it.

• Like 3