[Rumor] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered

I actually hope there is something in this. MW2 was a classic online before all the mods. 

The price though seems a little too cheap, also if it were to be released next month you'd think they would of rolled out a trailer months ago to get that money in through pre-orders. What do I know though? :lol: 

I would certainly buy the game because infinity ward tried to do something different in their games with special ops/survival ops and extinction mode rather than treyarch cashing in on zombies (time to say sorry because all treyarch seem to do is black ops and zombies which is no originality in my opinion)

To play special ops again I think would hook more players into the series that in one way or another did not play the game on original release back in 2009

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ValeNort46 said:

To play special ops again I think would hook more players into the series that in one way or another did not play the game on original release back in 2009

I love to play Spec Ops over Zombies any day. No knock on it, but its overdone to me personally. I think the MW2 remaster to be more beneficial to be released after Black Ops 4. If it were to be released before it, it'll kill of any momentum Black Ops 4 has. And I'll get the :platinum: all over again. Yes, its worth it lol. 

Edited by kidson2004

It was fun on PS3, but I don't think i'll return for the remaster

It'll be overpriced in my region and of course they'll over charge on the inevitable DLC maps

I'd Platinum the heck out of this game again. I'm always surprised with how high the Plat % is. In my memory a few of those spec ops 3 star missions were insanely difficult. I personally hope they give a Prestige trophy this time as I'd love to get rewarded for diving into that MP. I played a bunch of the MP for MW1 remaster but wished there were trophies!

If nothing else I'd say the release date pretty much confirms this is a fake.

Not that I wouldn't love a remaster of MW2 as I played the shit out of this game back in the day, but no, I say if the game really were to release in about a month we would have heard/seen something official by now.

24 minutes ago, Rune2303 said:

If nothing else I'd say the release date pretty much confirms this is a fake.

Not that I wouldn't love a remaster of MW2 as I played the shit out of this game back in the day, but no, I say if the game really were to release in about a month we would have heard/seen something official by now.

Zombie chronicles was announced in may and released in June so a one month timescale is more than feasible 

I hope this is true.  MW2 was my first foray into Call of Duty and I had so much fun with it.  One of my favorite set-ups was akimbo P90s.  Was it accurate?  Heck no.  Was it fun?  You bet.  It amazed me how many head shots I got with that set-up.

2 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I already have the PS3 version platted so there's no point in going back to it on the PS4.

I don't know how their is no point, but fair enough.

2 hours ago, XIRCHRAD- said:

The price though seems a little too cheap

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

There's no way it would only be 25 dollars

9 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I doubt they'll release it for $25

I think since it will be releasing as a standalone it gets a reduced price, I know MWR released for £40 separately, but from then I think Activision will be taking advice and also possibly adding more paid content, but who knows. I don't think it is unlikely but who knows.

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

I personally hope they give a Prestige trophy this time as I'd love to get rewarded for diving into that MP. I played a bunch of the MP for MW1 remaster but wished there were trophies!

Amen.

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Let alone release it the year of a treyarch release

Since Raven Software are most likely doing all the remasters, I don't think it matters what company is doing what year.

2 hours ago, ValeNort46 said:

all treyarch seem to do is black ops and zombies which is no originality in my opinion

It is their trademark series to be fair and it is what people really enjoy, I'm sure they could change the name but seeing black ops makes people excited and want to get the game, but the treyarch games are all set in the same world so I think it's just a title thing. As for zombies, like I said people love it and it is also one big storyline. They add in tons of new things in zombies each year so I think it's ok. As for originality, treyarch made zombies?

56 minutes ago, Rune2303 said:

Probably could be keeping it a surprise since many people love this game and it coming out all of a sudden would make people go crazy.

2 hours ago, Kratos said:

but I don't think i'll return for the remaster

Trust me, it will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ValeNort46 said:

Zombie chronicles was announced in may and released in June so a one month timescale is more than feasible 

1 hour ago, Velaxity said:

I don't know how their is no point, but fair enough.

I think since it will be releasing as a standalone it gets a reduced price, I know MWR released for £40 separately, but from then I think Activision will be taking advice and also possibly adding more paid content, but who knows. I don't think it is unlikely but who knows.

Amen.

Since Raven Software are most likely doing all the remasters, I don't think it matters what company is doing what year.

It is their trademark series to be fair and it is what people really enjoy, I'm sure they could change the name but seeing black ops makes people excited and want to get the game, but the treyarch games are all set in the same world so I think it's just a title thing. As for zombies, like I said people love it and it is also one big storyline. They add in tons of new things in zombies each year so I think it's ok. As for originality, treyarch made zombies?

Probably could be keeping it a surprise since many people love this game and it coming out all of a sudden would make people go crazy.

Trust me, it will.

Eh I'll believe it when I see it.

I still think the time frame is dodgy and enough reason to doubt this, but there is also the fact that it would have to be developed by Treyarch which would be ... weird .. and be in direct competition with .. uhh Black ops 4? well whatever the new call of duty is called, unless they suddenly announce that's coming out in a months time too and like infinite warfare comes packaged with MW2 Remastered if you buy the special edition ...

Not saying this couldn't happen but I'm not gonna hold my breath ;) 

Edited by Rune2303

2 hours ago, Velaxity said:

Yeah, I guess so.. just in the world of money grabbers these days seemed a little too low. 

Just hope the announcements true before anything, then we can deal with price. :P 

13 hours ago, Velaxity said:

As for originality, treyarch made zombies?

Let me put a call of duty timeline in for you

2008 zombies - treyarch

2009 special ops - infinity ward

2010 zombies - treyarch

2011 special and survival ops - infinity ward 

2012 zombies - treyarch

2013 extinction - infinity ward

2014 zombies - sledgehammer 

2015 zombies - treyarch

2016 zombies - infinity ward 

2017 zombies - sledgehammer 

2018 zombies - treyarch

so yes treyarch did create zombies and yes it’s popular amongst the call of duty community but they are just releasing the same concept every year hence no originality on what they release now, they have a budget why not bring out something new alongside zombies in bo4?

Edited by ValeNort46
  • Like 1

On 17/03/2018 at 8:25 AM, ValeNort46 said:

Let me put a call of duty timeline in for you

2008 zombies - treyarch

2009 special ops - infinity ward

2010 zombies - treyarch

2011 special and survival ops - infinity ward 

2012 zombies - treyarch

2013 extinction - infinity ward

2014 zombies - sledgehammer 

2015 zombies - treyarch

2016 zombies - infinity ward 

2017 zombies - sledgehammer 

2018 zombies - treyarch

so yes treyarch did create zombies and yes it’s popular amongst the call of duty community but they are just releasing the same concept every year hence no originality on what they release now, they have a budget why not bring out something new alongside zombies in bo4?

Dw, cod is one my favourite franchises. If they are releasing the same concept each year then can you think of other things they can bring? They add new modes in multi and new things in zombies each year, and also includes an online campaign and tons of new things in it in BO3, and also had the free run parkour. So they did bring new things out, and I'm sure they will this year too.