If there was one language you dreamed of speaking, which would it be ?

Kale

I actually did dream once that i was speaking Japanese fluently the only reason i noticed it was JP because of a few words i actually know.

Sure was a fun dream.

So yeah that should make it obvious which language i would choose.

• Like 1

I'm fluent/ bilingual in Japanese and English already, so as a third language I would like to speak a European language. German seems useful as it's widely spoken and Germany is such a rich country with great healthcare. My job is a doctor so from a career point of view, German would be best as they also speak it in Switzerland. 

• Like 1

Since I have had some learning in French, and Croatian. (enough to get me to the bathroom in another country xD

I would like to know Japanese or sign language. Japan is the 3rd largest economy, plus ya know, Otaku. 

But there's something about sign language that's hmm... I don't know how to describe it. But "A Silent Voice" sums it up. Such a great movie. Imo better than Your Name. 

• Like 1

Definitely Japanese. This is mostly because I would like to play Japanese games before they get a western release. 

I'm not a weeb I swear. 

21 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Since I have had some learning in French, and Croatian. (enough to get me to the bathroom in another country xD

I would like to know Japanese or sign language. Japan is the 3rd largest economy, plus ya know, Otaku. 

But there's something about sign language that's hmm... I don't know how to describe it. But "A Silent Voice" sums it up. Such a great movie. Imo better than Your Name. 

I agree with it being better than Your name. I didn't even find Your name to be all that great either. it was decent for the most part, but like a lot of anime/movies - not my cup of tea. 

• Like 1

Korean. It'd be fun to visit Korea and to watch Korean films without ever having to read subtitles again (as I'm not big on that). 

At first, I was going to say 'French' or 'Russian', but then realised rather quickly that those don't count, because - technically ( ̄▽ ̄) - I do speak and understand both. Bad, bad, Badly.

In essence: Russian, French >> Japanese, German, English. With not nearly enough >hungry-lefty-crocodiles to express just how difficult French (vocab) and Russian (grammar) are for not making sense. To me. At all.

Japanese and Korean.

I do understand some Japanese but not nearly enough to be able to fully communicate with a Japanese person.

And about Korean..I don't understand a word haha. 

I plan on visiting South Korea and Japan in the future so I guess there's still time to learn :D  

• Like 1

Japanese, so when people call me a weeb, I can spew out sentences and trigger them even further.

Oh, and so I could increase my flexibility and understanding in the Japanese medium.

People that want to learn French... you really don't. I was forced to learn it growing up, and it's not a great language. But maybe that's just the Canadian French. It's not a nice language in my own very biased opinion. When you go through 10+ years of every French teacher being a ♥, you'd probably feel the same.

Normally, obvious answer would be Japanese but... over the years, I've accumulated quite a big knowledge of spoken Japanese.

So if I were to choose now, it would probably be German to broaden my horizons.

If it was about writing, Japanese would obviously win :awesome: 

9 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

English

9 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I would like to speak a European language

Heh xD

7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Normally, obvious answer would be Japanese but... over the years, I've accumulated quite a big knowledge of spoken Japanese.

So if I were to choose now, it would probably be German to broaden my horizons.

If it was about writing, Japanese would obviously win :awesome: 

Heh xD

I guess English can count as European unless Brexit changes that ? Although it is spoken all over the world! 

French and Swedish. I get by with them but it bothers me that they're not at the same level as my English although I've studied both for almost 10 years.

But if I have to pick a language I have not studied at all, I guess Latin would be my choice although it is not very useful in today's world.