Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

5 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

no one has tried to connect 2 ps3s to his pc, so that both ps3s are on the same network?

I'll be investigating this possibility next with 50 cent and trying to come up with a method that allows for matchmaking when no invite option...encryption keys might be an issue though as nem has pointed out...we'll see...had to import a 2nd copy from Japan so not sure when it will actually arrive...the Canadian postal/courier service is not the greatest...even super express shipping is slow...patience...

53 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have received an update on Homefront...you can join up with friends but cannot start up matches...error message...in other words no trophies are obtainable with gonespy use...added to list in op as not working...

Homefront wasn't even a Gamespy shutdown though, it was shut down by THQ well over a year earlier. 

Most Gamespy shutdowns only effect the PS3 version of the game...Homefront is dead on all platforms, and was before Gamespy was gone. 

37 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Homefront wasn't even a Gamespy shutdown though, it was shut down by THQ well over a year earlier. 

Most Gamespy shutdowns only effect the PS3 version of the game...Homefront is dead on all platforms, and was before Gamespy was gone. 

people are asking about various games working with gonespy in this thread (amongst other things)...i'm trying to update as per their specific requests, homefront being one of them...does your post have any relevance to gonespy?...I'm sorry, but i have no idea what your point was...did I miss something?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Is a laptop with Windows 10 enough too? I don't have a PC only 2 laptops. I need to find the game soon, and got 3 PS3 Slim 120 GB, and 2x 320 GB systems btw so i can check it out if i can find 2 copies of MUD. But need to watch the guide first to connect with the GoneSpy server, i have not really look it up yet in details.

I know MUD MP can be knocked down in private matches easily. Same for SBK Generations. Both games were shut down by Gamespy in 2014. Gonna do my best to test this asap, but can't promise if i'm quik enough to give the results quik and share it over here. If someone beats me to it that would be great too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have received an update on Homefront...you can join up with friends but cannot start up matches...error message...in other words no trophies are obtainable with gonespy use...added to list in op as not working...

Can you ask this person to post in here? I still am not sure they're in public since that needed matchmaking so you wouldn't be able to pair up, and private always was accessible. 

13 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

does your post have any relevance to gonespy?...I'm sorry, but i have no idea what your point was...did I miss something?...

I guess the point is that at present, GoneSpy simply emulates a basic GameSpy server.

If Homefront didn't use GameSpy originally, then right now there's absolutely no way it would work using GoneSpy.

3 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Can you ask this person to post in here? I still am not sure they're in public since that needed matchmaking so you wouldn't be able to pair up, and private always was accessible. 

I can copy/paste their message...hopefully it will answer your questions...

"Little more detailed info:

* GoneSpy Server Off (incl dns) 
        Can't access online

* GoneSpy (running)
        - Online accessible
        - First notice (top screen) in online multiplayer: Failed to access Playlists
        - Lobby shows BulletstormPlayer.

- Search game = Not working:
            1) Downloading Playlists, one moment
            2) The Homefront server is not available at this moment. Try again later.

- Private matches do work

- You can join a friend on your list, who's online

Noticed on private match, where i joined with my other account, you get in same team. 
Havent found a way to switch team. Before game or if already started.

As for private matches do not track stats. And all online trophies requires the playlist.
Or even the matchmaking.

There were already some known problems:
- Like the demand, too many people, too less servers. 
- Leaderboard never worked.

Anything more, i need to dive in deeper. 
Or someone else.

-------------------

Testing Cellfactor, should have some more info later on."

50 minutes ago, iXanon said:

I guess the point is that at present, GoneSpy simply emulates a basic GameSpy server.

If Homefront didn't use GameSpy originally, then right now there's absolutely no way it would work using GoneSpy.

Hmm...i thought people asked for it to be tested because it was previously run by gamespy...no idea though...never played it...

and the same person has now tested cellfactor...adding it to list of games that are unaffected...

"Short answer for Cellfactor: 
Doesn't work, cant invite friend from game (ranked match setup). Invite friend grayed out.

Will do some further tests and give a more detailed report"

Edited by ProfBambam55

12 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Is a laptop with Windows 10 enough too?

these 2 games sound like promising candidates...yes, a laptop with Windows 10 seems to work just fine...

edit : oops, double post...i thought I had quoted in the above one...cell use is awkward at times...

2nd edit : finally found a bit of time to look through the last couple pages of this thread and have updated the op games list according to everyone's suggestions and findings...let me know if I've missed anything plz...

Edited by ProfBambam55

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

- Search game = Not working:
            1) Downloading Playlists, one moment
            2) The Homefront server is not available at this moment. Try again later.

This worries me greatly. I hope a matchmaking fix will sort this out, but it's almost sounding as if that playlist server isn't Gamespy and was THQ. Like I say though, I hope that is just the error because matchmaking is not yet currently supported. 

2 hours ago, iXanon said:

It was Gamespy, it has "Powered by Gamespy" on the back of the game case. 

26 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

It was Gamespy, it has "Powered by Gamespy" on the back of the game case. 

Fair enough, i didn't know either way ?

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

2nd edit : finally found a bit of time to look through the last couple pages of this thread and have updated the op games list according to everyone's suggestions and findings...let me know if I've missed anything plz...

Thanks for this, the original WRC also ought to be tested.

Edited by iXanon

On 17/03/2018 at 9:17 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

WRC: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/614-wrc-fia-world-rally-championship/25-the-haunted-net    This trophy means Gonespy won't help in its current state.

WRC 2: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1099-wrc-2/18-ghost-hunters  Same consequence as above

So no one need check these titles. They are screwed until someone finds a way to make a server for these or whatever it entails.

2 hours ago, iXanon said:

Fair enough, i didn't know either way ?

Thanks for this, the original WRC also ought to be tested.

this would indicate that wrc will not work...

edit : I should add that as previously stated I'll take the list of untested games to my local game shop and try to pick up multiple copies of as many games on the list as I can find...i'm waiting to do some tests on 50 cent before I do...an important note is that i truly dislike racing games and have no intention of buying or testing any such games...i'll leave it up to people who enjoy them to do so...sorry, it's just how it is...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Hello everyone.

Been checking this site for a while but I didn't decide to post up anything until now. I haven't even introduced myself to the site ever since I joined but well, I'll leave that for another occasion. 

I wanted to give my personal thanks to NeM2k2 for making Gonespy and to everyone else that has contributed to the project so far. Recently, I decided to download the software to see if I could finally have a chance to get some trophies that I'm missing in Bulletstorm's Anarchy mode. Took me a while to get some things figured out but I was able to get Gonespy up and running in a couple of hours. Worked like a charm! I was able to get the trophy for defeating a miniboss and I'm already talking with 2 other guys to get the remaining team trophies.

I also went ahead and tried a couple of games I have in my possession:

• Ghostbusters: The Videogame: I wasn't able to move past the main screen. After attempting to load the Multiplayer section of the game, it will just show an error stating that is not able to connect to the Multiplayer and then it will throw you back to the Main Screen.

• Fuel: Noticed that it was previously checked by someone else but wanted to try out as well. Doesn't work, the game says it is unable to connect to the servers for all kind of online options you select.

• Mercenaries 2 World in Flames: This is a personal vendetta of mine, I know that the servers are still (kinda) available but I haven't been able to join 5 different users from this site nor with any random players and I already tried every method know to man to make it work without any luck... Anyhoo, while using Gonespy, game shows that is able to connect to the "EA Servers" on the main menu. Creating a new game server works. For whatever reason, I was able to see at least one random player online but I still wasn't able to join him. Not sure if this has any bearings on anything but I thought I could share this experience as well. Could mark for further investigation.

This is what I've tested so far. I have a number of other games but none of them are the games you are looking to test on the main topic. If anyone could recommend any Gamespy/Unreal-engine game that might work with Gonespy, let me know and I'll see if I have it in my small collection. ☺️

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hello everyone.

Been checking this site for a while but I didn't decide to post up anything until now. I haven't even introduced myself to the site...

thanks for posting...I also have never formally introduced myself on the site...it's really not a big deal...

I knew Ghostbusters wasn't gamespy but was curious as to whether it could work or not so thanks for checking it out...also, feel free to suggest or test whatever you think might work...i'll do my best to keep the list in the first post up-to-date...

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hello everyone.

Been checking this site for a while but I didn't decide to post up anything until now. I haven't even introduced myself to the site ever since I joined but well, I'll leave that for another occasion. 

I wanted to give my personal thanks to NeM2k2 for making Gonespy and to everyone else that has contributed to the project so far. Recently, I decided to download the software to see if I could finally have a chance to get some trophies that I'm missing in Bulletstorm's Anarchy mode. Took me a while to get some things figured out but I was able to get Gonespy up and running in a couple of hours. Worked like a charm! I was able to get the trophy for defeating a miniboss and I'm already talking with 2 other guys to get the remaining team trophies.

I also went ahead and tried a couple of games I have in my possession:

• Ghostbusters: The Videogame: I wasn't able to move past the main screen. After attempting to load the Multiplayer section of the game, it will just show an error stating that is not able to connect to the Multiplayer and then it will throw you back to the Main Screen.

• Fuel: Noticed that it was previously checked by someone else but wanted to try out as well. Doesn't work, the game says it is unable to connect to the servers for all kind of online options you select.

• Mercenaries 2 World in Flames: This is a personal vendetta of mine, I know that the servers are still (kinda) available but I haven't been able to join 5 different users from this site nor with any random players and I already tried every method know to man to make it work without any luck... Anyhoo, while using Gonespy, game shows that is able to connect to the "EA Servers" on the main menu. Creating a new game server works. For whatever reason, I was able to see at least one random player online but I still wasn't able to join him. Not sure if this has any bearings on anything but I thought I could share this experience as well. Could mark for further investigation.

This is what I've tested so far. I have a number of other games but none of them are the games you are looking to test on the main topic. If anyone could recommend any Gamespy/Unreal-engine game that might work with Gonespy, let me know and I'll see if I have it in my small collection. 263a.png

I see u have joe danger 2 could u test it please and see if u can those 2 upload trophys 

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

thanks for posting...I also have never formally introduced myself on the site...it's really not a big deal...

I knew Ghostbusters wasn't gamespy but was curious as to whether it could work or not so thanks for checking it out...also, feel free to suggest or test whatever you think might work...i'll do my best to keep the list in the first post up-to-date...

Thanks, will do.

4 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

I see u have joe danger 2 could u test it please and see if u can those 2 upload trophys 

I had Joe Danger 2 when it was given away for being a member of PS+. I'm no longer a PS+ member so I have no way of trying that game again. Will probably subscribe again whenever I get a PS4 so it might take a while for me to test Gonespy with it.

I see Overlord 2 was added to the list of games to be tested. I could try with that one later on. Will also try a number of Sony-published games (SOCOM 4, Motorstorm Pacific Rift) even though I know well in advance that they are most probably not going to work.

18 hours ago, demonviper666 said:

Upload and download trophies won't work. How on earth would they work? We don't have matchmaking or LBs at the moment, nor the upload or download servers working. These features likely require even more work than what something like FEAR 2 or Section 8 would need to get working.

HI i have a EU version of the game but the dlc are not on my store anymore.
I want to know that if i buy the dlc on the USstore if i will be able to play it on my french (eu) account and to get the trophy (with gonepsy)?

Destructeur3.png

Edited by Destructeur3

3 hours ago, Destructeur3 said:

I want to know that if i buy the dlc on the USstore if i will be able to play it on my french (eu) account and to get the trophy (with gonepsy)?

no, it won't work...dlc is almost always region locked unless its contents are completely separate from the main game which in this case they are not...

pointless example of not region locked dlc would be gta iv...you can get the plat on us version and do the dlc trophies with the eu liberty city stories...completely separate content...

edit : I haven't actually tested this with bulletstorm...i could be wrong...worth risking the money?...your call...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Good day guys.

Been testing some games with a variety of results, here is a quick report:

• Overlord 2: Attempting to access the Multiplayer option throws a message of "Couldn't connect to the game server" and then it returns you back to the Main Menu.

• Superstars V8 Racing: This is the NA digital release of the first game... Attempting to access the Multiplayer section of the game without Gonespy throws an error of failing to connect to the remote online service. Using Gonespy, it says that the PSN account couldn't be authenticated. It also shows activity in the program's log.

• Condemned 2: No trophies but the game had the "Powered by Gamespy" logo plastered everywhere on it so I decided to try. Using Gonespy I was able to host a game and I noticed that I could invite other players to it. Sadly, I didn't have anyone else to invite. Here's the funny part, without using Gonespy I was also able to enter the Multiplayer and host a game. Attempting to look for available online games put the console on a loop searching for one. Had to reset it... No idea what is going on here, if anyone could explain, it'd be great. Otherwise, I could try to play with someone else for further confirmation if anyone else is interested.

• Resistance 2: Trying to access any online option will throw a message of "Network Connection failed. Disconnecting from network (00360000)".

• Army of Two: Doesn't work. Shows the "a network connection could not be made to EA online" message. This is the first game not the 40th Day sequel btw.

• SOCOM 4: Doesn't work. "The connections to the game universe was lost" error message is what I get.

• Killzone 3: Doesn't work. "A network related error has occurred". Error code 400(37)

• Wipeout HD: Nada...something similar to the previous ones.

There were a couple of other games I didn't try for a number of reasons: Motorstorm Pacific Rift (had a rather big update and didn't want to try considering the lack of success with the other Sony-published games) and 007 Quantum of Solace (no Gamespy related, requires matchmaking and the actual servers happen to work albeit only for private matches).

Will try to pick any of games to be tested if I happen to see them around at a reasonable price and report back.

So far, only Bulletstorm and Unreal Tournament 3 are confirmed to work. It'd be great if we could add some more games to that section. :)

• Like 2