Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

31 minutes ago, LoStraniero91 said:

@Honor_Hand some games you tested there don't even use GameSpy (Overlord II is Quazal, Quantum of Solace is Demonware).

Tried Overlord 2 because it was in the first post as a game to be tested, no idea what multiplayer engine it had at the moment.

Quantum of Solace, thought about trying but didn't even bother...

I have been searching Google for a list of PS3 games that ran on Gamespy but I haven't found any complete source. If anybody could point me to one to check with the games I have, that'd be great.

8 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

I have been searching Google for a list of PS3 games that ran on Gamespy but I haven't found any complete source. If anybody could point me to one to check with the games I have, that'd be great.

Try this list - all games containing "ps3" from http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/gslist.cfg

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gonespy/bstormps3/master/guide/ps3_game_list.txt

Note that it includes games that were moved off GameSpy eg. Red Dead Redemption

It might be missing games too, eg. Joe Danger 2 isn't mentioned there

Edited by NeM2k2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Saw some games I didn't recognize and some that must have migrated servers in order to keep working until today, like Crysis 2 and Rogue Warrior.

Will try to get some of the games that appear on that list if I happen to come across them and report back any relevant findings.

@Honor_Hand a few pages back in the topic, i've linked a wikipedia page with all the games that uses Unreal Engine (because many of the games that we're testing [Bulletstorm and Unreal Tournament in primis], uses this engine). Take a look here too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

But i've a question for you: you have 2 PS3? If yes, have you tried to connect both to the same IP [your PC]? If yes, GoneSpy gots an error or works flawlessly? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

@Honor_Hand a few pages back in the topic, i've linked a wikipedia page with all the games that uses Unreal Engine (because many of the games that we're testing [Bulletstorm and Unreal Tournament in primis], uses this engine). Take a look here too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

But i've a question for you: you have 2 PS3? If yes, have you tried to connect both to the same IP [your PC]? If yes, GoneSpy gots an error or works flawlessly? 

Thanks for sharing that list.

Got 2 PS3s, yes. Tried to connect both of them to the same IP on my PC but I was not able to get it to work properly for whatever reason.

The first console that I was originally able to connect through Gonespy still worked fine. Turning the second console on and setting the same IP number for my PC didn't work. The console would get an IP number but it fails at connecting through the internet. Turned the first console off and tried to connect the second one again a number of times, still wouldn't work.

Stopped all services and programs on my PC and then tried to connect the second console again while the first one was still turned off, didn't work either. Same error. Restarted everything (consoles, PC, modem, and router) and only the first console is still able to connect through Gonespy while my second one is not able to connect at all.

Not sure what's going on. ?

Not sure what the problem is there @Honor_Hand, I tried two PS3s connected to same DNS & Gonespy when testing Bulletstorm and it worked ok. If the second PS3 can't connect to the internet it sounds like a DNS issue. Did you set the Primary DNS on the second PS3? And is the second PS3 on the same network (first three numbers of the IP address are the same as the first PS3?)

4 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

Not sure what the problem is there @Honor_Hand, I tried two PS3s connected to same DNS & Gonespy when testing Bulletstorm and it worked ok. If the second PS3 can't connect to the internet it sounds like a DNS issue. Did you set the Primary DNS on the second PS3? And is the second PS3 on the same network (first three numbers of the IP address are the same as the first PS3?)

Yep, checked multiple times. I'm using the same Primary DNS number as in the first PS3, which is the current IP of my PC. And yes, the first three numbers of the IP address are the same on both. Only the fourth set of digits is different.

Not sure if it has anything to do but I'm not working with a static IP address on both my PC and the consoles. I don't mind having to adjust the IP value of the appropriate files whenever I turn on my PC. Whenever I'm going to run Gonespy I check my current IP with the ipconfig command on the cmd and I adjust everything as needed.

Running everything wirelessly btw.

Not sure if double posting is allowed on this forum but here it goes >_>

@RedRodriguez87 I already have Gonespy properly set up. Let me know when you are available to work on the team trophies for Bulletstorm.

@APCGrayLocked Did you have a similar issue like mine when trying to connect a second PS3 through Gonespy?

Not sure of why it didn't work at the time. Haven't checked back again but I'm sure everything was properly configured. I could try again if needed.

Holy crap! I was struggling for 1h with just one small issue... Then went through this subject and...

Yes, guys, DOWNLOAD all the text files - dwood3rc.txt, gamespydns.txt, mararc.txt do not copy-paste!

THANK YOU!!

Edited by Smashero
Edidted on 10 Dec 2022-check the post below with some "fancy" animation....

54 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Y0jgQ.gif

Holy crap! I was struggling for 1h with just one small issue... Then went through this subject and...

Yes, guys, DOWNLOAD all the text files - dwood3rc.txt, gamespydns.txt, mararc.txt do not copy-paste!

THANK YOU!!

Now THAT'S pod racing. 

Since everything is working as it should,  I am grinding now Online Champion with this method (credits to Ps3T):

Spoiler

Automatic Method

Suggested Setup
Gametype: Team Deathmatch
Map: Rising Sun
Mutators: Speed Freak, Instagib
Bot Level: Skilled
Kill limit: 10

This setup basically gets the best average win ratio for a team of bots playing automatically. If you leave your controller plugged in the game will run continuously with the bots playing and winning matches. Since this method is random there is no guarantee on how long it will take to reach the 500 wins, therefore it would be advised that you play actively if at all possible and leave the game running with this setup if you have to leave your game. Make sure that you do check it every once and a while though if possible, as I found the game froze a few times while doing this, and if you are signed out of PSN at any time you are automatically booted back to the main men

I have a turbo controller for PS3, so after the Team Deathmatch (despite the result) :cross: is being pressed and after trying to send couple of PM's next round is starting.

(Took some pictures of the whole setup - laptop with MaraDNS+Deadwood+Java Script and Hori Turbo Controller just in case).

Since I am not in a hurry I am not changing the winning team (playing PS4 atm) - let the bots do the whole work. So it seems that Online Champion will be my first trophy.

The platinum shall be my another milestone I think ;).

Regarding the project itself - Mortal Kombat PSV - that would be something!

34 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Since everything is working as it should,  I am grinding now Online Champion with this method (credits to Ps3T):

Reveal hidden contents

Automatic Method

Suggested Setup
Gametype: Team Deathmatch
Map: Rising Sun
Mutators: Speed Freak, Instagib
Bot Level: Skilled
Kill limit: 10

This setup basically gets the best average win ratio for a team of bots playing automatically. If you leave your controller plugged in the game will run continuously with the bots playing and winning matches. Since this method is random there is no guarantee on how long it will take to reach the 500 wins, therefore it would be advised that you play actively if at all possible and leave the game running with this setup if you have to leave your game. Make sure that you do check it every once and a while though if possible, as I found the game froze a few times while doing this, and if you are signed out of PSN at any time you are automatically booted back to the main men

I have a turbo controller for PS3, so after the Team Deathmatch (despite the result) :cross: is being pressed and after trying to send couple of PM's next round is starting.

(Took some pictures of the whole setup - laptop with MaraDNS+Deadwood+Java Script and Hori Turbo Controller just in case).

Since I am not in a hurry I am not changing the winning team (playing PS4 atm) - let the bots do the whole work. So it seems that Online Champion will be my first trophy.

The platinum shall be my another milestone I think ;).

Regarding the project itself - Mortal Kombat PSV - that would be something!

I'm surprised no body rest vita one

Edited by demonviper666

So... found some copies of the games pending to be tested from a local online seller at a reasonable price. Hopefully, they will be arriving in a couple of days. I will be testing and posting results on the following games:

I think I may be able to get a copy of Blitz : The League II and Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters in the next couple of weeks as I remember to have seen these games catching dust at a local mall some weeks ago... Don't quote me on these last 2 though as I remember the prices been kinda on the high side for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srikir said:

My question is, can this also be done for Disney Infinity games as well? I ask this because I'm still triggered by my incomplete Disney Infinity trophy lists.

From what I understand, probably not because this only works for Gamespy games currently. One day though, one day (I also need the online trophies for that game)

• Like 1

Does anyone have a video of the steps, i am totally lost by the step by step, i would like to get this finished and i have no computer knowledge regarding how to create severs

On 4/19/2018 at 4:44 AM, srikir said:

My question is, can this also be done for Disney Infinity games as well? I ask this because I'm still triggered by my incomplete Disney Infinity trophy lists.

To bring back servers for games that were shut down you typically need to either:

1) Have the SDK that the game client used so you can see how the game client expects the server to respond to various requests (this is how Gonespy was created)

2) Observe the communication between the game client and the server while the servers are still up

Without either of these, it will be very difficult, as you won't know how to program the server to respond to the client requests. You would have to fall back on sheer luck, exhaustive experimentation, decompiling the game client code, or an insider leaking the server code.

18 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

Does anyone have a video of the steps, i am totally lost by the step by step, i would like to get this finished and i have no computer knowledge regarding how to create severs

There is no video guide at this stage sorry. You need to follow the steps here: https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3#in-order-to-use-the-server-you-need

It tells you everything you need in order to run your own DNS server and Gonespy itself.

Edited by NeM2k2

does anyone know why i keep getting an error code, i matched all my documents to my ip address on my computer, does it matter if i have windows 10? this is really making me mad because i triple checked eveything

1 hour ago, lucky0ne16 said:

does anyone know why i keep getting an error code, i matched all my documents to my ip address on my computer, does it matter if i have windows 10? this is really making me mad because i triple checked eveything

Please post your error - a screenshot would be great.

Any modern version of Windows should be fine (7/8/10)

kGPH5k3.pngok after three plus hours, i managed to get the first screen the way i want it, but now i have issues with this screen 

sorry for some reason it cut my texted off, could you let me know if this is right. and one queston. when i did my pss3 connection i got the error code 8027 something when trying to sign in, i followed the guide and do i have to have the programs running when i do it?