Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

7 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

ok after three plus hours, i managed to get the first screen the way i want it, but now i have issues with this screen 

sorry for some reason it cut my texted off, could you let me know if this is right. and one queston. when i did my pss3 connection i got the error code 8027 something when trying to sign in, i followed the guide and do i have to have the programs running when i do it?

For the "Address already in use" issue see here: https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3/blob/master/README.md#troubleshooting-qa

If you don't have the two DNS programs running correctly then you will get an error when trying to sign in to PSN - see here: https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3/blob/master/MARADNS_DEADWOOD.md#troubleshooting

Ok, finally got the games...shipping got delayed by a local holiday.

@ProfBambam55 This is my report for a number of games that were pending to be tested with Gonespy:

SBK Superbike World Championship (NA): Attempting to access the online portion of the game while using Gonespy will show a message of "Cannot authenticate your NP account. Please contact support" No idea what NP is but the program does show activity.

SBK09 Superbike World Championship (NA): same as the one above ↑

SBKX Superbike World Championship (NA): Attempting to access the online portion of the game while using Gonespy will show a message of "Cannot authenticate your PSN account. Please contact support". The program shows activity as well.

MUD FIM Motocross World Championship (EU): same as the one above ↑

Overlord II: I tested this one already on a previous post and didn't work out either. Another member kindly noted that the game ran on Quazal instead of Gamespy. We should move it to the list of games unaffected by Gonespy.

Results were the same as when I tried SuperStars V8 racing before. At this point, I think it is safe to say that any of these Milestone developed titles are going to have the same issues. Not an expert on this exactly but I believe the problem lies with an encryption key I think you guys were talking about before. Not sure about that, if @NeM2k2 could confirm this, it'd be great.

In the meantime, I'll be hunting for any of the remaining titles that are yet to be tested out. Got my eyes on a copy of Blitz: The League II that I may be able to get.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Honor_Hand said:

No idea what NP is but the program does show activity.

"NP" is basically the PSN. It's an internal Sony code referring to the environment - NP is the production/live/retail environment

On 4/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Not an expert on this exactly but I believe the problem lies with an encryption key I think you guys were talking about before. Not sure about that, if @NeM2k2 could confirm this, it'd be great.

Yes, there is a Gamespy server private key that is needed to allow a good number of ex-Gamespy games to be used with Gonespy (without resorting to CFW)

And nice work on testing all those games! It's a pity there aren't many more games with less strict authentication like Bulletstorm & UT3

Edited by NeM2k2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NeM2k2 said:

Yes, there is a Gamespy server private key that is needed to allow a good number of ex-Gamespy games to be used with Gonespy (without resorting to CFW)

Would the same key work for all games, would you need several keys, or at this stage do we not know?

Edited by iXanon

35 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

It's the same key for all games and all platforms (PS3, PC, Wii, ...)

Really?

So, it would be so great if someone can get it.

Maybe some former Gamespy employees from networking still have it.

Or any developer from the online part of those games that use that key.

4 hours ago, Powerflank said:

@NeM2k2, out of curiosity, would it be possible to revive old FIFA or NBA games? 

I know there are lots of players stuck with unobtainables trophies in FIFA games due to the full disinterest of EA in fixing their glitched trophies.

No way, EA servers are too sophisticated since 2009/2010. You would have to deal with the EA Account authentication, plus very complicated leaderboards systems and gamemodes.

Only games that use gamespy work with this, plus many of them require that encrypted authentication key discussed above.

I really hope that some day you guys can get the key.

7 hours ago, charlijaen said:

Really?

So, it would be so great if someone can get it.

Maybe some former Gamespy employees from networking still have it.

Or any developer from the online part of those games that use that key.

Yes, it would help any project that wanted to emulate GameSpy. I think only GameSpy themselves will have the key - it's not in the SDK, and there is no reason for them to give it out to any devs. It's a security measure.

7 hours ago, Powerflank said:

@NeM2k2, out of curiosity, would it be possible to revive old FIFA or NBA games?

I don't know. You could monitor the client-server traffic for versions of those games that still have working online, make a server that responded in the same way, and see if it works with older versions of the game.

15 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

I don't know. You could monitor the client-server traffic for versions of those games that still have working online, make a server that responded in the same way, and see if it works with older versions of the game.

I'm sorry but I only have basic IT knowledge. I'd love to try that but I wouldn't know where to start from.

5 hours ago, Powerflank said:

I'm sorry but I only have basic IT knowledge. I'd love to try that but I wouldn't know where to start from.

I meant the "royal" you, as in anyone interested and/or with programming skills could try :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

there is no way to contact the ex employees of GameSpy, so we can obtain that key?

I'm working with someone else to try and address the private key problem in a slightly more legal way than trying to get an ex employee to leak company secrets ;)

• Like 4

Hello, I have been following this post because I want to complete the trophies of the Lord of the Rings Conquest, and I noticed that a person last April 22 got the platinum, any idea if the online works with this method?

Thanks for all the effort put into making this work 

21 minutes ago, TiagoAGH said:

Hello, I have been following this post because I want to complete the trophies of the Lord of the Rings Conquest, and I noticed that a person last April 22 got the platinum, any idea if the online works with this method?

No it doent sorry I wish love to play it 

29 minutes ago, TiagoAGH said:

I don't think anyone in this thread as tried Lord of the Rings Conquest as of yet so no idea if it would work or not...

Maybe someone saw the method, had the game and decided to give it a try. Maybe they got positive results but didn't bother to post here... Or maybe they hacked the game and popped the online trophies? No idea.

If you have the game and feel fairly confident in setting Gonespyto work, you can try to test it out and report back. ?

EDIT; lol demonviper666 ninja posted me! I thought the game was still pending to be tested.

Edited by Honor_Hand

Any news guys?

Did anyone tested Conquest, @TiagoAGH maybe you?

I'm also interested in Mortal Kombat (Vita). Some guys above mentioned about it, I hope someone will test it.

As for me, unfortunately I'm very busy with studies and work so I dont have the required time to study the method and start testing, sorry!

On 28/04/2018 at 9:26 AM, NeM2k2 said:

I'm working with someone else to try and address the private key problem in a slightly more legal way than trying to get an ex employee to leak company secrets ;)

Sounds promising! (Happy to beta test if required) ?

I want to send a big "thank you" to everybody that helped to get gonespy up and running. The setup as described on the github page worked perfectly for me, and I was able to complete "Online Champion" for Unreal Tournament III without any problems.

Processing power and Windows version should not matter that much in the end. My servers were running on an old Macbook Pro Mid 2010 with a Boot Camp Windows XP setup. I don't know why exactly, but the Java Installers from the Oracle website did not work out of the box. However, once I had downloaded the .tar.gz-file and unzipped it, I had a working Java installation. The Windows XP Firewall can be completely disabled, so I didn't have to tinker with allowing individual ports.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2018 at 5:42 PM, apostolis-t-94gr said:

Any news guys?

Did anyone tested Conquest, @TiagoAGH maybe you?

I'm also interested in Mortal Kombat (Vita). Some guys above mentioned about it, I hope someone will test it.

As for me, unfortunately I'm very busy with studies and work so I dont have the required time to study the method and start testing, sorry!

No i didn´t  tested  ,  i have no experience on this type of method , i hope that someone interessed and capable does it , but unfortunately im not able to do it  

On 5/1/2018 at 4:42 AM, apostolis-t-94gr said:

I have it and will get around to testing it eventually...

On 5/1/2018 at 11:17 PM, iXanon said:

Sounds promising! (Happy to beta test if required) 1f607.png

I'll post here with updates when I have them :)

On 5/3/2018 at 1:53 AM, Hirnforscher said:

I want to send a big "thank you" to everybody that helped to get gonespy up and running. The setup as described on the github page worked perfectly for me, and I was able to complete "Online Champion" for Unreal Tournament III without any problems.

Processing power and Windows version should not matter that much in the end. My servers were running on an old Macbook Pro Mid 2010 with a Boot Camp Windows XP setup. I don't know why exactly, but the Java Installers from the Oracle website did not work out of the box. However, once I had downloaded the .tar.gz-file and unzipped it, I had a working Java installation. The Windows XP Firewall can be completely disabled, so I didn't have to tinker with allowing individual ports.

That's awesome to hear, thank you for sharing your experience. It's important that the guide works for as many people as possible, and knowing that it works even on an OS as old as XP is great to hear!

• Like 1