Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

Anyone care to look at the mess I've made? As far as I can tell, I've followed all the steps (multiple times), and still get DNS error 80710102 on my PS3.

Both my router and OS firewalls are disabled and all TCP/UDP ports added. I've gone through the steps wired and wireless; dynamic IP and static IP. I've exhausted what I can detect, so hopefully a second set of eyes can find my mistakes.

https://imgur.com/a/lrIcA2u

2 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Anyone care to look at the mess I've made? As far as I can tell, I've followed all the steps (multiple times), and still get DNS error 80710102 on my PS3.

Both my router and OS firewalls are disabled and all TCP/UDP ports added. I've gone through the steps wired and wireless; dynamic IP and static IP. I've exhausted what I can detect, so hopefully a second set of eyes can find my mistakes.

https://imgur.com/a/lrIcA2u

All the screenshots look pretty good. Not sure on that one.

Are you sure you are inputting the correct current IP number of your computer as the Primary DNS for your PS3? Also, make sure the Secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0.

I used to have that DNS error a number of times too and It was usually related to me placing the wrong IP number for my PC on the PS3.

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

You guys could also test Midnight Club Los Angeles. That was also part of the Gamespy shutdown. Not sure if that will work, but hey, always can give it a try.

I think someone tried that one before in a previous post without any success.

I do happen to have the game as well so I could try it if no one has tested it yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Are you sure you are inputting the correct current IP number of your computer as the Primary DNS for your PS3? Also, make sure the Secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0.

I used to have that DNS error a number of times too and It was usually related to me placing the wrong IP number for my PC on the PS3.

Yup. My static IP is 192.168.0.5 for my GS server and my primary DNS on PS3. Secondary is all goose eggs.

Dunno what I've missed, but it's probably something simple. 

One thing I'd note is that instead of "/24", my dwood3rc text file was originally "/16" prior to editing.

Edited by dj_helyx

18 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Yup. My static IP is 192.168.0.5 for my GS server and my primary DNS on PS3. Secondary is all goose eggs.

Dunno what I've missed, but it's probably something simple. 

One thing I'd note is that instead of "/24", my text file was originally "/16" prior to editing.

Hmmm. I'm stumped on this one. Everything looks good to me and bstormps3, maradns and deadwood appear to be running fine. Something appears to be blocking the connection from the PS3 to your PC even though you opened all the corrects ports and you said you tried also with all firewalls turned off.

I think some users had issues with Skype interfering with the connection of the program. Not sure on that one. Maybe there is something else on your PC interfering with the connection?

That note is actually interesting. My text file was originally /24 and it has always been like that.

• Like 1

Well, I finally got it working last night. I'm currently wireless with my PC and PS3, and running dynamic IPs with my firewalls turned on. :dunno:

I'd like to test Blitz: The League II and Dungeon Defenders if anyone wants to try connecting.

1 hour ago, dj_helyx said:

Well, I finally got it working last night. I'm currently wireless with my PC and PS3, and running dynamic IPs with my firewalls turned on. :dunno:

I'd like to test Blitz: The League II and Dungeon Defenders if anyone wants to try connecting.

What game say when try blitz?? And  dungeon defenders can plat still.  Offine harder tho 

4 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Awesome. Good thing it ended up working out.

Try testing Blitz: The League II and let us know if you are able to move into the online part of the game. Also, the game needs to have an invite option for other players to be able to join your game I think.

I don't have that game right but I could try to get it if you are in need of a partner to boost it out. Let me know how it works out for you.

On 24/04/2018 at 3:24 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Ok, finally got the games...shipping got delayed by a local holiday.

@ProfBambam55 This is my report for a number of games that were pending to be tested with Gonespy:

SBK Superbike World Championship (NA): Attempting to access the online portion of the game while using Gonespy will show a message of "Cannot authenticate your NP account. Please contact support" No idea what NP is but the program does show activity.

SBK09 Superbike World Championship (NA): same as the one above ↑

SBKX Superbike World Championship (NA): Attempting to access the online portion of the game while using Gonespy will show a message of "Cannot authenticate your PSN account. Please contact support". The program shows activity as well.

MUD FIM Motocross World Championship (EU): same as the one above ↑

Overlord II: I tested this one already on a previous post and didn't work out either. Another member kindly noted that the game ran on Quazal instead of Gamespy. We should move it to the list of games unaffected by Gonespy.

Results were the same as when I tried SuperStars V8 racing before. At this point, I think it is safe to say that any of these Milestone developed titles are going to have the same issues. Not an expert on this exactly but I believe the problem lies with an encryption key I think you guys were talking about before. Not sure about that, if @NeM2k2 could confirm this, it'd be great.

In the meantime, I'll be hunting for any of the remaining titles that are yet to be tested out. Got my eyes on a copy of Blitz: The League II that I may be able to get.

thanks for the intel...sorry, have been following the convo but busy with other stuff...also still waiting on 50 cent to try and figure out some further tests with regards to matchmaking on a common server...i paid for expedited shipping but the company sent it by snail mail...could be a while till I get it...already been two months...haha...such is life...mistakes happen...i'll update the op game list next time I'm at my pc...

edit : updated...the list in op should be accurate now so feel free to check if a game is there or not with regards to suggestions or what may or may not work...so far only bulletstorm and unreal have made the list for working with gonespy...let me know if I overlooked anything please...

and thanks to all the contributors...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

thanks for the intel...sorry, have been following the convo but busy with other stuff...also still waiting on 50 cent to try and figure out some further tests with regards to matchmaking on a common server...i paid for expedited shipping but the company sent it by snail mail...could be a while till I get it...already been two months...haha...such is life...mistakes happen...i'll update the op game list next time I'm at my pc...

edit : updated...the list in op should be accurate now so feel free to check if a game is there or not with regards to suggestions or what may or may not work...so far only bulletstorm and unreal have made the list for working with gonespy...let me know if I overlooked anything please...

and thanks to all the contributors...

Everything looks A-Ok to me.?

Thanks for updating the OP ProfBambam55.

I tested the GameSpy games I have to see if they would allow me to access the online menus. There weren't any other players I could test an actual match with, but here's what I found going through the screens.

Blitz: The League II (Renderware engine) v1.01

When trying to log in to the Blitz/GS server, you fail to receive statistics and the game just hangs at a black screen while the soundtrack plays in the background. Here's what 'bstormps3' logged:

AXT6TAj.png?1

Guardians of Middle-earth (Havok engine)  v1.06

On load, you get a matchmaking service error and of course the Social Feed doesn't load. When searching Play Now (Battlegrounds) or Quick Match, the game gives a network error and exits automatically to XMB. You can still play Custom Match, which will auto fill with AI if no other players can be found (I went 26-0 as Agandaur). Can't confirm if the connectivity works or not. There's no activity from 'bstormps3' either.

Section 8: Prejudice (Unreal engine) v1.00

You can create a match in Swarm, Conquest & Assault modes and send/accept invites. Your online ID is displayed as 'BulletstormPlaye' This one may work?

N130G9u.png?1

Dungeon Defenders (Unreal engine) v1.04

I was able to host a Private Match through the 'Play Online' section of the main menu and can send invites. Network ID displays as 'BulletstormPlayer'. This may also work.

5JcGbwN.png?1

Edit: I'd also like to point out the DLC trophies listed in the OP for Bulletstorm: Last Blood, Hell Razor, Fast Track and Up-Lifting don't require GameSpy (or GoneSpy) in order to unlock them.

Edited by dj_helyx
Bulletstorm DLC trophies
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dj_helyx said:

I tested the GameSpy games I have to see if they would allow me to access the online menus. There weren't any other players I could test an actual match with, but here's what I found going through the screens.

Blitz: The League II (Renderware engine) v1.01

When trying to log in to the Blitz/GS server, you fail to receive statistics and the game just hangs at a black screen while the soundtrack plays in the background. Here's what 'bstormps3' logged:

AXT6TAj.png?1

Guardians of Middle-earth (Havok engine)  v1.06

On load, you get a matchmaking service error and of course the Social Feed doesn't load. When searching Play Now (Battlegrounds) or Quick Match, the game gives a network error and exits automatically to XMB. You can still play Custom Match, which will auto fill with AI if no other players can be found (I went 26-0 as Agandaur). Can't confirm if the connectivity works or not. There's no activity from 'bstormps3' either.

Section 8: Prejudice (Unreal engine) v1.00

You can create a match in Swarm, Conquest & Assault modes and send/accept invites. Your online ID is displayed as 'BulletstormPlaye' This one may work?

N130G9u.png?1

Dungeon Defenders (Unreal engine) v1.04

I was able to host a Private Match through the 'Play Online' section of the main menu and can send invites. Network ID displays as 'BulletstormPlayer'. This may also work.

5JcGbwN.png?1

Edit: I'd also like to point out the DLC trophies listed in the OP for Bulletstorm: Last Blood, Hell Razor, Fast Track and Up-Lifting don't require GameSpy (or GoneSpy) in order to unlock them.

Does section 8 prejudice. Say what rank u are??  By any chance 

Thanks for sharing your results dj_helyx.

Great to see that Section 8 Prejudice and Dungeon Defenders may actually work. Would love to help you test those game but don't have any of them at the moment.

You'll need to wait for someone that has already worked out Gonespy and has those games to see if they are willing to help you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

You'll need to wait for someone that has already worked out Gonespy and has those games to see if they are willing to help you.

Luckily, I have 100% in all those games already (was just lacking Bulletstorm). I'm more than happy to help test them if someone else has the game though. It would be nice to have the list of potential games as complete as possible.

And, I know several of the GameSpy titles can be 100%'d offline, but seeing if we can restore partial or full connectivity would really help potentially move this (and similar projects) forward.

28 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Does section 8 prejudice. Say what rank u are??  By any chance 

When I try to look at my onilne ranked stats, it gives an error stating 'Online is not available'. I still have my online unlocks for level 45+, as well as the stars for Campaign, Conquest and Swarm. All these can be checked in the Dropship.

Edited by dj_helyx
S8 rank info

6 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

Hey everyone! Still waiting for someone to try Mortal Kombat Vita with me. Any volunteers?

I don't have it but an update on my end...got my 2nd copy of 50 cent and have been trying different combos to get it to work in terms of matchmaking...will update when I either hit a brick wall or have some success... 

On 4.05.2018 at 7:41 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

You guys could also test Midnight Club Los Angeles. That was also part of the Gamespy shutdown. Not sure if that will work, but hey, always can give it a try.

I don't think that it would actually be helpful... I mean you could give it a go and so on but in Midnight Club LA you have so many trophies that require a lot of other people that I don't think it's going to work (even if you could connect to this game via this method). Or maybe it would take a few months or even a few years until it will become much easier fo newbies like me to do this.

Was having a hard time getting this to work but I GOT IT!

Couldn't start deadwood - I wasn't using admin command prompt. I was using non-admin powershell. Once I used admin CMD it worked.

On occasion deadwood.exe --install would say "problem creating service" when I ran the deadwood install. To fix that, I ran uninstall on deadwood, then copy and pasted the new secret.txt info at the bottom of the deadwood install guide on github. I ran the install again and it worked.

After all that, I kept getting DNS errors. Right clicking and downloading the txt files for deadwood and maradns was the fix! They looked jumbled up when I opened them but they work!

FYI: Initially, I turned the firewall on my router off. Once I got Gonespy working, I turned the firewall back on. The router seemed to have no bearing on anything.

A special THANK YOU to @APCGrayLocked @Sellers @NeM2k2 @ProfBambam55 and @Sergen!

I can host online games now but no players/bots show up when I start the game. I'm just sitting at a black leaderboard screen with no players. Anybody else have this issue or am I just not understanding how to correctly host a game? (Unreal Tournament 3)

EDIT: Server type must be set as listen NOT dedicated

Edited by Log801
edit

1 hour ago, Log801 said:

I can host online games now but no players/bots show up when I start the game. I'm just sitting at a black leaderboard screen with no players. Anybody else have this issue or am I just not understanding how to correctly host a game?

...which game?