Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

7 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Does anyone tested Mortal Kombat (Vita)? If it becomes obtainable with this method, I would definitely want to do it (but don't want to be test subject because don't want to risk my completion percentage).

Do you have the retail version or the digital version? If it's not too much to ask, you could format your vita and try the game with your alt account. I can kind of guess that the game won't work currently, because what I've seen with Mortal Kombat games is that they need to retrieve player stats to connect you to the servers. The player stats aren't what they may seem though, I have strong belief that when GameSpy refers to the player stats, it's the stats that would show how many people are in lobbies or online and playing the game. The stats that you accumulate on the server seems to be saved to a save file rather than the servers for the game. 

Edited by Sergen

46 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Do you have the retail version or the digital version? If it's not too much to ask, you could format your vita and try the game with your alt account. I can kind of guess that the game won't work currently, because what I've seen with Mortal Kombat games is that they need to retrieve player stats to connect you to the servers. The player stats aren't what they may seem though, I have strong belief that when GameSpy refers to the player stats, it's the stats that would show how many people are in lobbies or online and playing the game. The stats that you accumulate on the server seems to be saved to a save file rather than the servers for the game. 

Right now I don't have the game, I plan to buy it if it confirms (couldn't find any physical copies here and if I get digital, I guess I can only use it on this account)

@ProfBambam55, you can add Section 8: Prejudice to "Games Unaffected by GoneSpy", I tried it a few hours ago and while the game lets you host a ranked server and send invites, nothing happens when you accept an invite on the game, the game also freezes if you search for a ranked match. A rather bizarre thing about that game is that the game's leaderboards actually work with GoneSpy and show the leaderboard rankings that were on the game from before the official GameSpy shutdown. I believe Section 8: Prejudice would likely work immediately upon implementation of matchmaking, but as GoneSpy currently is, the game doesn't work. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sergen said:

@ProfBambam55, you can add Section 8: Prejudice to "Games Unaffected by GoneSpy", I tried it a few hours ago and while the game lets you host a ranked server and send invites, nothing happens when you accept an invite on the game, the game also freezes if you search for a ranked match. A rather bizarre thing about that game is that the game's leaderboards actually work with GoneSpy and show the leaderboard rankings that were on the game from before the official GameSpy shutdown. I believe Section 8: Prejudice would likely work immediately upon implementation of matchmaking, but as GoneSpy currently is, the game doesn't work. 

ok...thanks...editing list now...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks @NeM2k2 for answering me :)

I created a US account, bought Bulletstorm and the two DLCs and got them to run on the PS3.

Now to be sure of what I was trying to do, I installed Windows 10 on a clean External Drive and it runs nicely.

With maradns and deadwood I have an issue though:

- when running everything, no specific error message 

- when trying to connect to PS3 => DNS error

I tried the DNS on my iPad/iPhone and the issue is the same so it comes from maradns/deadwood.

I checked maradns and it seems fine, the screenshots match what I have and everything seems ok.

On deadwood though I have an error launching it and there is also something written in the logs file: last line is "incomplete last line" in dwood3rc.

Any idea on how to solve this error? I quickly checked through the topic but did not seem to find anything similar.

Thanks!

EDIT:

What I did is trash all the extracted files, extract them again and for dwood3rc.txt I modified the original file instead of replacing it. Got an error message saying “This service has already been started.” That I solved by changing systems...

Got the 100% on Bulletstorm thanks to this topic so thanks to everyone I read quietly to understand this gonespy :)

Edited by LordVyktor
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:14 AM, Max654 said:

Any news on Mortal Kombat Vita yet?

I have it but haven't tried yet - don't want it on my profile if it can't be completed (and it's a pain to change profile on Vita). Would need a second copy anyway to test the multiplayer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...