Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

On 5/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, Helyx said:

I tested the GameSpy games I have to see if they would allow me to access the online menus. There weren't any other players I could test an actual match with, but here's what I found going through the screens.

Blitz: The League II (Renderware engine) v1.01

When trying to log in to the Blitz/GS server, you fail to receive statistics and the game just hangs at a black screen while the soundtrack plays in the background. Here's what 'bstormps3' logged:

AXT6TAj.png?1

I am bumping your old post, however because you own a copy of Blitz: The League II I am wondering, can you try the game again? This release of Gonespy currently has a game stats implementation:  https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3/raw/master/release/bstormps3-0.2.zip. It was made because MK vs DC had a similar problem regarding game stats. I will mention that game stats is referring to retrieving information such as number of people playing the game rather than saving your game progress to any server, Gamespy seems to have mostly saved people's stats to their local save data rather than to a server. The setup of this jar file is exactly the same as the first release, simply use "java -jar bstormps3-0.2.jar" to run the java file from that folder. Since it has probably been a while since you last tried out Gonespy I am happy to let you know how to set it up again. I appreciate you doing all these tests, hopefully this one has had some progress made on it due to the 2nd release.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, I'm trying to set this up but I'm getting some errors.
1)First of all the first error also reported in the maradns guide setup:
Q: After changing my PS3 DNS settings, I get an error: An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)

Second of all, all three terminals look like in figure, however, following the Q&A to try to trobleshoot the problem I noticed that in the dwlog.txt I get the following lines:

This happens when I copy paste the info of the files:

giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 01:40:18: ==Deadwood started==
giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 01:40:18: Deadwood version 3.2.11
giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 01:40:18: Fatal error in dwood3rc file on line 21 incomplete last line

This Happens when I download them:

giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 04:07:59: ==Deadwood started==
giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 04:07:59: Deadwood version 3.2.11
giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 04:07:59: Deadwood: A DNS UDP non-recursive cache (IPv4-only)
giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 04:08:00: We bound to 1 addresses
giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 04:08:00: Could not open hash at dw_cache_bin for reading

So I went through the things to check as stated in the guide, I checked point 1,2 and 3 and there are no problems, but have no idea how to check the third?:

Try setting your mobile phone or other device to use your PC's IP address as its primary DNS and see if that works. If it does, then there is an issue with the network settings on your PS3. If it does not, then there is an issue with maradns/deadwood.

2)I'm confused about which IP I should use...If I type on google 'find my IP' I get a value, if I go in the command prompt I have a different value for the Ethernet Board and an other value for the Lan Wireless Connession, either way I tried them all and it never seems to be able to connect, but which one should I use?

3) @ProfBambam55 in one message talked about the IP having to be consistent, but I don't have w.x.y consistent for all three the things he mentioned, is it a problem?I have for example
IP Address - 192.168.43.181
Gateway - 192.168.43.1 
Primary DNS - 192.168.1.105
So the y vale is different on the primary DNS, could that be the problem?

4) @ProfBambam55 on page 6 :

for your ps3, "gateway dns" will be the "default gateway"..."primary DNS will be the ipv4 address

Could you better explain this sentence you wrote? I thought I only had to care about the IPv4 of the PC and insert it in the primary DNS of the PS3..

Because I also tried to put the defaukt gateway on the gateway dns of the ps3 [even though it's not written in the guide], but the only difference is that when it checks for internet connection instead of taking 30 seconds to fail, it instantly fails

5) @APCGrayLocked Can you better explain to me how you fixed your problem?
What do you mean with this sentence? You can also reply in private in italian if you prefer.

I haven't clicked all 3 options on my custom firewall ports when i created them, so i click all of them and save.

Are you talking about Domain, Privacy and Public? If so, that's not my problem unfortunately
N.B. I tried to connect both laptop and ps3 to my phone with the hotspot, and also tried laptop wired[to router, not phone]and ps3 connected to the hotspot.
I opened the doors stated in the guide and disabled windows firewall completely afterwards. @p

Edited by TheCrazyLost

2 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

@TheCrazyLost ehi. Look for my problem, i've fixed it by simply changing the content of secret (onto Dead folder of Mara). I changed my secret txt with the secret one of ProfBambam.

Here it is: 4íñ=fñŒ`Ãàùql¯+ב Ï"¹3šoÀ^V–º¡F ×Æ’$ñ\–áÀCN_8~°vhãÏèžÇˆEs+

This didn'f fix my problem unfortunately, but on the dwlog now I don't have the following error anymore:

giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 04:08:00: Could not open hash at dw_cache_bin for reading

Would anyone mind to tell me if I'm setting up my ps3 correctly? I feel the error is there..

so first when I type Ipconfid on the command prompt and I'm connected only through wifi the result is as follows:

Scheda LAN wireless Wi-Fi:

Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione:
   Indirizzo IPv6 locale rispetto al collegamento . : fe80::12e:f30a:9930:6250%18
   Indirizzo IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.179
   Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Gateway predefinito . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1

Scheda LAN wireless Connessione alla rete locale (LAN)* 13:

Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione:
   Indirizzo IPv6 locale rispetto al collegamento . : fe80::e907:d2e5:8667:6c6%12
   Indirizzo IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.137.1
   Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Gateway predefinito . . . . . . . . . :

so I use 192.168.43.179 is that correct? and I change that  IP into the dwood3rc file and the gamespydns file

On the PS3:

"Adjust settings for connection to the Internet." -> OK.

Select a setting method: Custom.

Select a connection method: I tried them both

Select the operation mode of the network device: Manual Settings.

Speed and Duplex: Auto-Detect.

IP Address Setting: 

1. First option I select Automatic and gives me the IP by default

2.When I select Manual I set these input, tell me I'm doing it wrong>

IP Address -> I copy the one it gets created when I select Automatic, so 192.168.1.106

Subnet Mask -> I copy the value of the subnet mask of the ipconfig, so 255.255.255.0

Default Router -> I copy the value of Gateway Predefinito[should be default gateway?], so 192.168.43.1

Primary DNS ': I copy the value of IPv4, so 192.168.43.179

Secondary DNS -> 0.0.0.0

Set the DHCP host name: select Do Not Set.

DNS Setting: when I decide to not input the IP manually, same as above for the DNS values though

MTU Settings: select Automatic.

Proxy Server: select Do Not Use.

UPnP: select Enable.

When I decide to manually insert the IP, the internet connection check fails right away, when I do it automatically it takes 20/30 sec

What I'm doing wrong? Going crazy at the moment T.T

Edited by TheCrazyLost

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to express my gratitude to @NeM2k2 for their work on this! Currently have UT3 getting wins for me while I’m afk. I expected to run into a whole bunch of issues setting it up but it ended up going smoothly for the most part. I do look forward to seeing how your MKvsDC project gets along (if you’re still working on it that is).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help ? I keep getting these errors in in cmd.

C:\maradns-2-0-15-win32.zip\maradns.exe -f mararc.txt

Fatal error: Problem binding to port 53

System said: No Error

When I run Deadwood in Administrator it say problem creating service

Edit - It is now showing the correct maradns message in cmd that says MaraDNS proudly serves you 5 DNS records, but it still says problem creating service for Deadwood, system error 2 has occurred, The system cannot find the file specified while running as Administrator.

I finally got it to work. I found out the problem was I accidently deleted the number 24 next to the root servers in the recursive_acl section of the dwood3rc text section. You must keep that apart next to your IPv4 address you type in next to it.

• 4 months later...

sur ps vita ca marche ou pas j aimerai me faire les trophees mortal combat 

Edit: Translated by Google translate:

on ps vita it works or not I would like to do the mortal combat trophees

Edited by Stevieboy
posts must be in English

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/08/2021 at 10:54 AM, HyperFusion0 said:

Anyone know if there is further progress in this project for other games? (: how do things currently stand? I havn't seen any bit of information surface but maybe a few of you might have? ?

There's a glimmer of hope that maybe.. one day.. ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 16/03/2018 at 5:19 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

Has anyone tested these to see if they work?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @NeM2k2 - hoping you can help with an issue I'm having.

I followed all of the Gonespy instructions for getting everything setup/running on the PC and PS3.

However, when I go into Unreal Tournament 3 and select Multiplayer, it still comes up saying:
"Error. Online features require a Playstation Network Connection. Access to online features will be disabled."

And as stated I have tested that I am connected to the internet just fine while running all the services and my PS3 shows 100% connected, it even downloaded an update to the game when I started it up. I also saw in the setup guide that it will display the PSN name as "BulletstormPlayer" which does not happen for me - it either says "Not Signed In" or "Me[Offline]"

Hoping you can help diagnose my issue.

Thank you! ?

PS: I did see that another user had this error from before earlier in this post - @boredskill (their problem quoted below)

"I set up everything and signed onto PSN then loaded the disc. Now multiplayer hosting is greyed out. I just did redid everything again not too long ago

in the game it either says I'm offline or not signed in on the bottom left of the main menu screen. And also when I select multiplayer or community, the error message "online features require a PS network connection....access will be disabled" "

So my issue is just like this - and your reply to configure the PS3 to connect to the same connection as the PC is what I've done already.

Edited by NoMoreUpdates
More information.