Sonic Mania Plus Announced

Venocide

2uijgbr.jpg

SEGA has announced a physical version of Sonic Mania will be released later this year. The game, dubbed ‘Sonic Mania Plus’, will also be something of a ‘micro-update’ as it will essentially be the same game with the added bonus of two new playable characters.

That’s right, long lost franchise heroes Ray the Squirrel and Mighty the Armadillo have been confirmed as extra characters in the retro platformer. Also the game will include a new ‘Encore Mode’ and a four-player competition mode.

Holographic slip cover, 32-page art book and reversible Mega Drive slip cover. It will retail for $29.99 and release in Summer 2018.

Well I'll definitely be buying this again, would be great if it has a separate trophy list, even better if it has a plat this time. Mighty as a playable character... didn't expect that. 

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 4

I was about to post this, but hey, less work for me :)

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss good things come to those who wait (for physical releases ;) )!

There is a time to strike, a time to fight, a time to break the chains of oppression, a time to love, a time to troll, but sometimes, it's good just to wait...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by Super Sand Virginia

No, I hope they don’t do another trophy list for this game.

What the hell? I payed almost 100€ because I love Sonic. It came with a stupid digital code and now they are doing a physical release, just how I adore to my collection? Why didn’t they insert a goddamn case and disc in the first place for those how bought the Collector’s edition?

Fuck this, Fuck Sega Mega Drive Classics, Fuck Sega. Sorry, I’m really pissed off with this attitude -_-

Nice. If that stuff comes as free (or reasonably priced) DLC I'll pick up the new content but otherwise I don't care. I'd have preferred a physical version from the get go, but I ain't double dipping on this shit. 30 bucks USD for a game always means we'll be paying 40/50 odd, and at 40/50 odd, as long as I'm just rebuying shit I already have, I'd rather grab the Sega Classics Collection, it has a few Sonic games, and then 50 odd other games as well.