God of War [PS4] New Gameplay Footage [Official]

Leaderboards

14 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

New gameplay footage for upcoming God of War (PS4)

Nice one, thanks ?

This game really looks promising, some kind of a mixture of GoW and Uncharted. Really looking forward to playing it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Nice one, thanks 1f44d.png

This game really looks promising, some kind of a mixture of GoW and Uncharted. Really looking forward to playing it...

I am glad to hear you are excited!

Thank you for not quoting my entire post which would cause the video to show up twice lol.

Edited by Super Sand Virginia

4 minutes ago, Tounavis said:

Most people here n on yt sayin amazing etc hyped bla bla... 

Looks like a souls game n I noticed only 1 enemy at a time attacking weird more rpg like i guess 

Can you translate this into actual English? ?

8 minutes ago, Tounavis said:

Most people here n on yt sayin amazing etc hyped bla bla... 

Looks like a souls game n I noticed only 1 enemy at a time attacking weird more rpg like i guess 

Oh so cool. You're from Panama! Meeting new people from new places. Nice!

And yeah I understand what you mean, combat is different.

11 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

It looks a bit slow compared to the previous games :(

I agree but on the other hand, the "usual" GoW formula had done its time, particularly with all the QTE - the third opus on PS3 was some kind of a climax to the series, not sure there would have been much point in making another similar one...

I think it's great to see a studio willing to reinvent its own succesful classics rather to do and re-do the same thing all the time, particularly as the result here seems to be really interesting. It's all positive to me, I'm really eager to read reviews of the final product!

Edited by Neef-GT5
keying error
  • Like 2

Saw this yesterday and it looks epic, can’t wait for it to come out! The graphics are breathtaking too. 

Looks like I’m gonna have to learn some different combos as :square::square::triangle: wont cut it anymore ha ha! 

Edited by DJROE95
  • Like 1

New approach, but can't say I'm all the impressed. It's obvious that developers like Naughty Dog are successful enough to have others follow their cinematic take, which is apparent in the new God of War with a more close-up camera, and slower, realistic action. The combat looks pretty in the videos, but how much of those combos are necessary. The previous GOW games had a lot of different combos, but we all know that we :square::square::triangle:-ed 90% of the game. For all we know, simply spamming :square: might still be just as efficient as using more intricate combos in the new one. If the story doesn't end up tying with the previous entries, then this was called GOW just for the sake of extra sales. Well, I guess I can treat it as a reboot.

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PpprincessPeach said:

This isn't God of War, in my opinion. Cancelled my pre-order. Doesn't look quite as brutal, and the gameplay has this generic feel to it that reminds me of Last of Us. While a great game by itself I simply really dislike seeing God of War like this. GoW and Metal Gear Rising are some of my favorite games, Love the Hack and Slash genre. Could've been more in depth than the previous games while maintaining the genre, and it would have been great.

Maybe when it's in the bargain bin :)

I'm with you on this. Hack and slash is awesome and GOW was my favorite franchise. This looks terrible to me. Very boring combat, to the point where I'll be letting out a sigh any time I enter a fight, the ugly kid doesn't seem to ever shut up (father! Behind you!) the walking speed will frustrate the hell out of me and discourage exploration, and the entire dumb purpose of their journey is to make it to the top of a mountain to dump the mom's ashes. That's it. 

What sucks even more is fanboys will still go nuts over this and it'll still sell a million in a week and next thing you know, every game witll have the TLOU coating. 

And the worst part is, I will eventually buy it (very cheap, long time from now) and I'll have to suffer through all the crap I wrote above. 

3 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

extremely excited for this game.

glad the combat is switching up honestly. GoW combat was great, but just making the same stuff over and over gets stale. they are switching up the combat and the story, even the mythology, it all sounds really great to me.

Switching things up is fine, but not when the results are like this. 

Sure it looks nice, graphically, but it sure doesn't look like it's going to be a whole lot of fun to play. 

And that god damn kid is something I won't be able to get over. Just in these short videos I want to mute him. 

10 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Switching things up is fine, but not when the results are like this. 

Sure it looks nice, graphically, but it sure doesn't look like it's going to be a whole lot of fun to play. 

And that god damn kid is something I won't be able to get over. Just in these short videos I want to mute him. 

that may be your opinion, but it looks great to me :)

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

Looks like generic trash with AAA budget.

Your sentence sounds like a oxymoron. 

It's funny. People are either loving the new gameplay, or they hate it. There's no inbetween. It's one extreme or the other.

Here's a new mirror.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1