Which of these PS4 rpgs should I finish first?

Tusked-Lattice

I've personally only played Tales of Berseria, Valkyria Revolution and Digimon Cybersleuth(the first one). I actually would not recommend Valkyria Revolution, it's honestly not worth it IMO. Tales of Berseria if you're looking for an action RPG, it's rather long though, but if you want something a little happier, shorter, with turn-based play and a pokemon feel then do Digimon Cybersleuth. Unfortunately, I can't say much about the others, but I'd like to play all those myself ?

Tales of Berseria would be my most recommended although as a Tales fan I am probably biased. The plat is really long and grindy though, it took by about 100+ hours and was very tedious with hours of post game grinding and repetitive tasks. The story and gameplay in general is fun and it has a great action battle system.

Digimon, YS VIII and East Archive are also fairly long platinum trophies. 

Valykria Revolution and Fairy Fencer are shorter and easier platinums so if you are after trophies, one of these first? 

Tales of Berseria is the longest platinum from your list, followed by Ys, Digimon and East Archive (~80+ hours). 

On 3/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

The plat is really long and grindy though, it took by about 100+ hours and was very tedious with hours of post game grinding and repetitive tasks. 

I personally didn't find this game to be tedious at all apart from gathering Katz spirits, but I could have been done with that a lot faster had I waited for the bonus dungeon. And I don't think it took any more than 80 hours to plat. Much faster than any of the other Tales games apart from maybe Hearts, and about the same as Xillia. Definitely the most enjoyable platinum I have from a Tales game.

On topic--

Play Berseria. It's the best. The story is fantastic, so if you're interested in story completion, do this one!

Edited by eigen-space

22 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I personally didn't find this game to be tedious at all apart from gathering Katz spirits, but I could have been done with that a lot faster had I waited for the bonus dungeon. And I don't think it took any more than 80 hours to plat. Much faster than any of the other Tales games apart from maybe Hearts, and about the same as Xillia. Definitely the most enjoyable platinum I have from a Tales game.

On topic--

Play Berseria. It's the best. The story is fantastic, so if you're interested in story completion, do this one!

Really? I found a Solid B very grindy. I spent hours just grinding out for the titles at the arenas and the Katz mini games. I loved the game, but as far as Tales goes it was the most grindy one for me, followed by Xillia 2. I didn't find any of the others as grindy although Vesperia took a while. It is a great game though, 4th in my favourites ranking after Vesperia, Graces F and Xillia 2. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Really? I found a Solid B very grindy. I spent hours just grinding out for the titles at the arenas and the Katz mini games. I loved the game, but as far as Tales goes it was the most grindy one for me, followed by Xillia 2. I didn't find any of the others as grindy although Vesperia took a while. It is a great game though, 4th in my favourites ranking after Vesperia, Graces F and Xillia 2. 

I thought Graces was the most grind-y with all the title-related trophies and the mixer.

I think the mini games weren't bad because I did the balloon pop one regularly and for the purpose of the titles grind (like mystic arts and combo titles). I was also addicted to the card game (I've literally popped in the disc just to play that game haha). Most of the titles came naturally, unlike Grace's imo.

I felt that by the time I had finished exploring the game, most of the trophies had popped naturally, unlike the others, and very little time had to be spent grinding for the remainder.

My ranking for the ones I've played:

Berseria, Xillia, Graces, Xillia 2, Zestiria, Hearts, Abyss, Symphonia.

(it's really hard for me to rank Xillia, Graces, and Xillia 2 among each other as they're all fantastic).

:)

Edited by eigen-space

21 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I thought Graces was the most grind-y with all the title-related trophies and the mixer.

I think the mini games weren't bad because I did the balloon pop one regularly and for the purpose of the titles grind (like mystic arts and combo titles). I was also addicted to the card game (I've literally popped in the disc just to play that game haha). Most of the titles came naturally, unlike Grace's imo.

I felt that by the time I had finished exploring the game, most of the trophies had popped naturally, unlike the others, and very little time had to be spent grinding for the remainder.

My ranking for the ones I've played:

Berseria, Xillia, Graces, Xillia 2, Zestiria, Hearts, Abyss, Symphonia.

(it's really hard for me to rank Xillia, Graces, and Xillia 2 among each other as they're all fantastic).

:)

I got very luck in graces for the farming of shards and the mixer so it only took me 75 hours so it was one of the shorter tales plats for me, esp. compared to Vesperia, Berseria and Xillia 2.

My favourites ranking in terms of Tales Ive played so far are Vesperia-> Graces F->Xillia 2 -> Berseria -> Xillia-> Abyss -> Symphonia-> Hearts R -> Innocence R -> Zestiria -> Symphonia DOTW. I really love the battle system in Graces F the best though, and Xillia 2's link system and weapon change was pretty cool as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...