Gaming Headset You Use Currently

ArabianLuffy

Ever since I used PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset, I was blown away by the bless of 7.1 Surround Sound. Now I own both GOLD and PLATINUM headsets. I also bought Turtle Beach STEALTH 700, but I have my own issues with this headset, and this would be for other time soon. So far, I experienced just headsets that been made by SONY. There is that coming 2018 GOLD Headset by SONY, but I'll pass.

I prefer PULSE over GOLD and PLATINUM for having "BassImpact". I experienced PLATINUM, but not to the fullest. I yet to test its 3D Audio. Another positive of PULSE is that it can have 6 audio modes for gaming, while GOLD and PLATINUM only can upload 2 audio modes.

So what about you? What headset you use for gaming currently? Or are you looking for the best?

Edited by ArabianLuffy

I use a MadCatz headset. It's got really good audio and microphone quality to where everything sounds clear and microphone quality sounds really clear too. I got it for about $30 on sale but I think when not on sale it's like $60-$70, so it was definitely worth the investment.

I've had a SteelSeries Siberia V2 for around 7 years and it still works flawlessly despite heavy use and only costing around £40 on sale. If I had any criticism, the bass can be a little muddy depending on volume but ehh I don't really use it for music.

I had a pair of Gen 2 Astro A50s for 3 or 4 years but the charging port got busted over the Christmas holidays I think because I often plugged them in without looking (which I won’t be doing anymore). I was able to get a pair of Gen 3 A50s sent from another part of New Zealand as no one had them available online. I’ve loved them since I first got them. Both sets are extremely comfortable and being wireless is always useful. The battery life on my old pair had become rubbish but my new ones hardly ever need charging plus they can be charged wirelessly on the base station. They have virtual 7.1 surround sound and watching The Conjuring a few months back made the experience so much more intense (even with having seen the movie twice before). I would definitely recommend them to anyone...if you can afford them that is because they come with a hefty price tag.

• Like 1

I use a Xiberia I got for $20 on Amazon. I have both versions of it.  The 3.5mm version I use for my ps4 and used the usb (was gifted this) version for my pc .

Its the brown ear-padded one with the black and white crackled design.

the 3.5mm one is much better for ps4 as it has a mute switch unlike the usb version. 

Easily better than the corded Playstation Headset I had that cracked on the headpiece and was very uncomfortable even before it cracked .

I've been using Astro headsets for years now, my current headset is an Astro A40 TR and I have absolutely no complaints about them whatsoever. They are a little pricey at $250 with the MixAmp but completely worth it, in my opinion, especially if you're a fan of online multiplayer. 

Parker

Sennheiser Momentum over ears version 1. 

Got them on sale years back for $150, and a got a used pair last fall for $110(for a family member. My original ones are fine fyi).

They're not marketed as "gaming headsets", but they sound better. 

I went through all of my ability to return to best buy for the year looking for a headset. I've tried them all, and nothing touches the momentums. 

The mic is clearer than a lot of the "gaming headsets" too. 

Plus the cable and earpads can be easily removed and replaced(unlike most headsets(which is Godly))  

No it doesn't have simulated surround sound. But I can't go back to simulated surround sound in headphones. The momentums have spoiled me. I hear the direction of everything with the Sennheiser momentums so I don't need it. 

It's pricey. But damn is it worth it. If anything try them. 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

When I was looking for a new headset to buy, a lot of people recommended to me the HyperX Cloud 2 Gaming Headset.

The headset is awesome. I've been told the mic works great and is clear when playing with others. It's comfortable, durable and looks nice. Music is great on it as well. I listen to all sorts of music and all sound great on this headset. 

I've only had the headset for about 7 months now but it works just as good as the day I bought it.

• Like 1

I use Turtle Beach Stealth 400. It's compatible with both PS3 and PS4 wirelessly, and I also use it with my Vita with a cord. It wasn't too expensive and is decent quality. It costed me about €60 or so. One of my gaming friends who's a pretty hard core gamer and also a game developer, making games on Steam said Turtle Beach are rubbish bits of plastic and swears by brands like Sennheiser. But for your average gamer like me, I don't think it's very worth splashing a lot of cash unless you play for many hours a day. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I use Turtle Beach Stealth 400. It's compatible with both PS3 and PS4 wirelessly, and I also use it with my Vita with a cord. It wasn't too expensive and is decent quality. It costed me about €60 or so. One of my gaming friends who's a pretty hard core gamer and also a game developer, making games on Steam said Turtle Beach are rubbish bits of plastic and swears by brands like Sennheiser. But for your average gamer like me, I don't think it's very worth splashing a lot of cash unless you play for many hours a day. 

Your friend has good taste! 

But ya if you aren't going to use them as much then it may not be worth it. Plus once you have a really good pair of headphones you get spoiled and can't go back. 

Just now, Dav9834 said:

Your friend has good taste! 

But ya if you aren't going to use them as much then it may not be worth it. Plus once you have a really good pair of headphones you get spoiled and can't go back. 

That's exactly what the gaming store guy told me! It was my first gaming headset and I was about to go for a fairly pricey one but the store guy was said if I haven't used a gaming headset before and don't play that long, then it's best go for cheaper as my (inexperienced) ears wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two ?

• 1 year later...

I'm currently in the market for one, looking for something that would be usable easily on PC too. I Am preferring wireless/bluetooth with mic moanly. For sure nothing over $150, 100-150 is ideal enough since I am not really after 7.1 SS audio whatever because most of the time I play with my 7.1 audio setup on.

Here are some contenders I am thinking about but am open for other suggestions too.
$118 Kingston HyperX Cloud Flight

$150 Razer Thresher

$89 Sony PlayStation Gold Headset

Edited by NERVergoproxy
change pricing for HyperX, its now 118! a lot cheaper.

8 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I'm currently in the market for one, looking for something that would be usable easily on PC too. I Am preferring wireless/bluetooth with mic moanly. For sure nothing over $150, 100-150 is ideal enough since I am not really after 7.1 SS audio whatever because most of the time I play with my 7.1 audio setup on.

Here are some contenders I am thinking about but am open for other suggestions too.
$160 Kingston HyperX Cloud Flight

$150 Razer Thresher

$89 Sony PlayStation Gold Headset

I'm still using my trusty Astro A40's but I think HyperX makes a fantastic headset as well. One of my good friends uses a HyperX headset (not sure on the model) for his PS4 and PC gaming and I like it quite a bit, very good sound and extremely comfortable as well. If I were in the market for another headset, I'd be looking really hard at something from HyperX. 

Parker

• 1 month later...

My first headset was a Turtle Beach Stealth 600.

Was not a bad headset. Had good battery life and good sound.

My last one was the Turtle Beach Stealth 700.

What a piece of shit. For the first 6 months it worked great then the sound kept cutting in and out and also had a crackling noise that was super annoying. The battery life was advertised as 10 - 12 hours but it was lucky to even last 8 hours and seemed to take as long to charge. The last thing was that the headset would not pair with the USB dongle so that was the last straw.

Yesterday I purchased the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition.

I'm finally over wireless headsets so decided to go for the wired option. These are a lot cheaper than my last two but the sound quality is pretty good and they are really comfortable. Also for an extra $10 I got them with a 4 year warranty.

Headsets are probably the hardest things to shop for because it all comes down to personal opinion. 

Searching online for "The best headset for PS4" results in numerous top 10 lists that aren't really helpful. Every list is different and no one seems to agree on a certain headset. Again that's because of personal opinion.

Edited by reiner-