Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Trophy Thoughts?

Got the platinum earlier this month, amazing game. It's not the best Yakuza game but I liked it a lot. 

Kiwami 2 is getting localized and you're gonna have to do a lot more mahjong then Yakuza 0 or kiwami.

Otherwise it's the easiest Yakuza game to get a platinum in. 

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

Wow, those liars. Well, at least now my PS4 won't take 5 seconds to refresh my trophy list on my Pro anymore.

YIVvq59.png

5 hours ago, Cielle said:

Got the platinum earlier this month, amazing game. It's not the best Yakuza game but I liked it a lot. 

Kiwami 2 is getting localized and you're gonna have to do a lot more mahjong then Yakuza 0 or kiwami.

Otherwise it's the easiest Yakuza game to get a platinum in. 

Does that offer of yours still stand? God I hate Mahjong. 

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

Wow, those liars. Well, at least now my PS4 won't take 5 seconds to refresh my trophy list on my Pro anymore.

YIVvq59.png

Does that offer of yours still stand? God I hate Mahjong. 

Liars? If you're referring to me owning it legitimately - I'm a reviewer on www.SquareXO.co.uk so yeah, my copy was from Atlus directly here in the UK - the others who have synced their platinum - yup, they abused the glitch as they all achieved it before Atlus sent out any review codes - not sure where the site stands on that tbh? Do they allow people who obtained a game via a glitch to still be present on the leaderboards?

37 minutes ago, danielc655 said:

Some of these trophies actually seem pretty fun to do like Can of Whoop Ass. Captain Insano Shows No Mercy.

I can't wait to see how this series ends but at the same time I don't want it to.

I was like that! When I got it off Atlus, I had it about 3 days before I even started it, even though I'd been waiting for ages for this to come out. I knew that as soon as I started it then I was one step closer to finishing Kiryu's story. The main story only took me about 24 hours, and that included a lot of side missions and mini-games as well. But, it was all very enjoyable and I'm glad they kept this game as Kiryu's story.

Edited by turniplord

5 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Yakuza 6 is good for newcomers to the series. The plat is also easy to obtain. I guess they release all Yakuza games to ps 4 . 2018 best ps 4 line up since the ps 4 got out.

No I am certain you need to play them from 1 to 6. Zero is not a problem if you start it after 6 or as the first one.

23 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

How's legend mode in this game? And don't you usually have to start legend mode after you beat the game? That's the only trophy I'm worried about cause I suck ass at Yakuza's combat.

There is a cheat - once you beat the game legendary mode is unlocked - if you reload a save from just before the final 2 fights - you can switch to legendary and you get the trophy if you just beat those 2 fights.

No need to replay the whole game - if you do want to though, NG+ carries over literally everything apart from side-missions - so all money, items, skills and experience

7 hours ago, turniplord said:

Liars? If you're referring to me owning it legitimately - I'm a reviewer on www.SquareXO.co.uk so yeah, my copy was from Atlus directly here in the UK

I think he's talking about Sega saying that the trophies will not be carried over and you have to earn the ones you got from the "demo" again which meant there would've been a whole new trophy list with this one never been able to sync to PSN.

29 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

I think he's talking about Sega saying that the trophies will not be carried over and you have to earn the ones you got from the "demo" again which meant there would've been a whole new trophy list with this one never been able to sync to PSN.

Is that what they said? What we got - in terms of a press email, was that no further action would take place and the demo will come back soon (it's back next week btw) with all progress from the demo still carrying over once the retail version comes out. It's probably a lot of money and hassle to change a games CUSA code once it's already been through mass-production (as all the printed discs and cases would have the wrong info as well).

Is it normal that I only found 50/52 substories in the game? I know that the last 3 I'm missing are from the hostesses I haven't maxed yet (so currently on 47) and another substory has got to be Amon... But I really don't get what #51/52 is supposed to be... Or does Amon get you two substories at once?

I still have to grind quite a few EXP to get all skills, so I haven't checked it yet.

Edited by Marloges

7 minutes ago, Marloges said:

Is it normal that I only found 50/52 substories in the game? I know that the last 3 I'm missing are from the hostesses I haven't maxed yet (so currently on 47) and another substory has got to be Amon... But I really don't get what #51/52 is supposed to be... Or does Amon get you two substories at once?

I still have to grind quite a few EXP to get all skills, so I haven't checked it yet.

The last item in every single tab in "Awards" is the "Completed this list" award outside of the Clan Creator section. It's completely normal.

Edited by soliunasm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, soliunasm said:

The last item in every single tab in "Awards" is the "Completed this list" award outside of the Clan Creator section. It's completely normal.

Ah alright, thanks a bunch! Then I have nothing to worry about anymore, just a few hours of grinding, lol

13 hours ago, turniplord said:

Liars? If you're referring to me owning it legitimately - I'm a reviewer on www.SquareXO.co.uk so yeah, my copy was from Atlus directly here in the UK - the others who have synced their platinum - yup, they abused the glitch as they all achieved it before Atlus sent out any review codes - not sure where the site stands on that tbh? Do they allow people who obtained a game via a glitch to still be present on the leaderboards?

Nonono. I meant Sega. They said that trophies earned from those that got trophies from the demo would have them deleted. I showed mine off because I didn't get a review copy, and my trophies are still there. Which makes me wish I kept my PS4 offline and kept playing. Oh well. Still more than happy to buy it and play it anyway.

10 hours ago, turniplord said:

There is a cheat - once you beat the game legendary mode is unlocked - if you reload a save from just before the final 2 fights - you can switch to legendary and you get the trophy if you just beat those 2 fights.

No need to replay the whole game - if you do want to though, NG+ carries over literally everything apart from side-missions - so all money, items, skills and experience

So basically just make sure I have a save at the final chapter and I'm good? Hopefully they don't patch that out when it officially releases.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm disappointed that achieving the platinum takes considerably less effort this time around. It was always a nice satisfying feeling getting the platinum in one of these games before.

Hey at least all the lazy motherfuckers like me can finally have a Yakuza Platinum without having to worry about mahjong or cat fighting ;)

• Like 4

No 100%? That's boring. Looks like it'll be a very easy platinum with barely any difficulty. Even Legend difficulty can be cheated by reloading your save. Seems the game doesn't require you to do much at all to get the platinum...

Edited by Mayadome
  • Like 1