Will there ever be a chance to play this on PS4?

DefendTheRAW_NL

Its been at least three or four years since that title came out on Vita if they were going to bring it to PS4 they would have done it either same time as the Vita release or a year after it released on Vita. So best answer is no i highly doubt it. Go buy yourself a Vita and play it you would be robbing yourself a great gaming experience anyway by not owning a Vita.

• Like 1

I doubt it as well, as usually for Vita games, if they were to come out on ps4 they would have done so at the same time as the PS4 or pretty close. The fact that PG4 was one of the games that came out when the vita was released and the fact that Persona 5 is already out in PS4 with great sales and rave reviews, it's hard to imagine that they would use resources to remaster P4G. It would probably be more profitable to start working on Persona 6 instead.

If they were to do a Persona remaster I think maybe an older Persona game would be good, like have the first three games as one PS4 remake like KH, Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid did. 

I bought a PSTV for the sole reason to play this game and it was much more worth it than I thought. Not only did I had the chance to play this game but Persona 2 and 1 as well. P2 is fantastic 1 not so much though. The PSTV is a great alternative as it's cheaper and you can play on big TV which I prefer by far than playing on small screen. However not all games that can be played on VITA can be played on PSTV.

Edited by DonGurke93
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about P4 but P3 will be a nice surprise if Atlus do it. I would love play Persona 4 on PS4 but I don't think it happen. Of course you can play P4 vanila version on PS3 and P3 without trophy support, but buy a vita just for play persona 4 golden is the BEST pretext you can have also on vita you have a lot of other great games so I think the best bet is buy a vita today so go outside and buy it now! ?

Just now, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think it will eventually happen. Maybe not the golden version, but as a PS2 to PS4 if Sony ever picks that project up again... Jeez. So many classics I'd like to replay with trophies, but only a handful have made it to the PS4.

I'm shocked that they haven't released all of the PS2 SMT games on the PS4 with trophies and ape escape 3 please it seems like such an obvious move, instead we get.. Fantavision.. 

1 minute ago, Orphioon said:

I'm shocked that they haven't released all of the PS2 SMT games on the PS4 with trophies and ape escape 3 please it seems like such an obvious move, instead we get.. Fantavision.. 

Ape Escape was leaked in fall of 2016 and we have yet to see it. Ugh. That's one of the games I'd like to see the most... Atlus has brought the King of Fighters games to PS4 so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

26 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Ape Escape was leaked in fall of 2016 and we have yet to see it. Ugh. That's one of the games I'd like to see the most... Atlus has brought the King of Fighters games to PS4 so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Atlus is just the publisher. It was up to SNK to bring those to the ps4. There's yet to be an actual atlus game on the ps4

Highly doubtful it'll come to ps4. Would have come to ps3 more likely because the vita and ps3 are more similar. 

But if you can pick up a vita, or a pstv(I own 3, they are underrated and vita games look great on big screens surprisingly) that would be your best choice 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Has it even happened before that a Vita game received a PS4 port? 

If this is trolling, it hurts :/

If it's serious question... Literally everything gets PS4 port because Vita has too many good games so PS4 has to steal them...

Because PS4 does not have them :awesome: 

I've lost so many Vita games for Vita leaderboard because of that goddamn ugly AAA machine :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

If this is trolling, it hurts :/

If it's serious question... Literally everything gets PS4 port because Vita has too many good games so PS4 has to steal them...

Actually, I wasn't trolling, I am new to the system (Vita) and I guess I still need to do my homework then. From what I've seen so far there are a bunch of titles available on the Vita (Tearaway, LBP, Ratchet&Clank, etc.) that are also available on the PS4 but I assumed (without giving it much thought) that most of these titles were also PS3 titles, so not Vita exclusives.

Considering how they still haven't released Persona 3 FES as a PS2 classic on the system which would be relativity simple, I highly doubt they would go through the effort of porting Persona 4 Golden. Besides, we don't need every game to have a PS4 port. It's okay for some games to stay exclusive.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Atlus is just the publisher. It was up to SNK to bring those to the ps4. There's yet to be an actual atlus game on the ps4

Ah, you got me there. Still, I guess we can hold on to hope? I got so excited when P3 FES randomly showed up on the PSN store, but said "Unable to download." I think the opportunity is too profitable for Atlus to NEVER take advantage of IMO.

1 hour ago, DefendTheRAW_NL said:

I have Persona 3 already on the PS3 but 4 does not show up in the EU store :(

Yeah, they never released it on the EU PSN store. It's on the NA PSN store, though. You can buy the game and download it to your PS3 if you have a NA account. They get the superior versions of PS1/PS2 games anyway, so it's worth doing.