Do sell or never play a game again after you've platinumed it?

wyansas

i never used to sell them after i platinumed them, but its something ive started to do now. I never play them once they're 100% so i might as well put it towards a new game. For instance tomb raider is recently platinumed, im selling it to a friend which will pay for half of Bioshock Infinite.

Games like Final Fantasy and Sonic though i keep for collection purposes.

I have sold many of them in the past, but right now I don't like selling because almost everything I have is collection.

I regret having sold the 1st Uncharted, because now I have 2 and 3 and 1 is missing, but I want to buy it to have the three together. I have every R* game that I like (I think every single one except Midnight Club), I have every AC game but I'll stop with AC III, every MGS... and the Splinter Cells except Conviction (the HD collection digitally, and Double Agent... although I'd sell the last one, because it sucks)

But answering your question - the platinum doesn't make me sell or never play. I didn't got it in any of the games I've sold. And I don't stop playing, I platinumed AC 2 and I beated the game again after that (two times, 2 is such a masterpiece, the series' only problem = Ubisoft)

Edited by Playsonic2

Sadly, i stop playing them once i get 100% on all trophies. I stopped selling my games though because i usually sold them for stupid things. Like beer money for my friends :awesome:

I'm starting to become quite fond of digitals now though since you can't really sell them :D

I have kept all my platinum games.  Its very rarely I sell or trade in games.  Only platinum game I'm planning on trading in is fallout 3.  I have no plans on replaying the game.  End of last year decided to go back to some older games in the collection to close trophies fallout 3 and fallout new vegas. Mainly due to that I completed the goals for that year.

Edited by Timo_Marrinsbane

As a collector - and by that I mean a collector of games I personally feel make a good collection, not a hoarder of every game I stumble upon - I haven't sold anything since the PS1 era. I'm pretty much the opposite of an impulse buyer too, I do a ton of research before I'm 100% sure I want to add something to my collection, so I don't even really own any games I dislike or want to get rid off.

Plus platinums don't mean much to me when it comes to keeping or selling games. I'll play games that I've platinumed if I feel like it, just for the experience.

• Like 2

Have never sold a game. With that being said I have donated some of my PS1 and PS2 games to what I consider worthy causes. With my digital copies I generally will delete them from my HDD, need to save room on the 1 TB.