Any other similar games?

lunateena

For someone who hasn't played the original, I am loving this remake. I love the cute characters and animations..(and yes I actually like that their mouths don't move. It makes sense to me since the native language was probably Japanese and having English dub would make them out of sync...so no moving mouths, makes complete sense to me).

But I'm looking for other similar games to play once I'm done...cute characters, and good story in this RPG style game. I only have a few that I would drop into this category which are Kingdom Hearts, World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, and the upcoming Ni No Kuni 2. Can you recommend anything else?

Well there is Adventure of Mana which is the first one. If you don't mind playing non-playstation games there is the third one Seiken Densetsu 3 as well as the vastly underrated Secret of Evermore.

I highly recommend Dragon Fantasy Book volume 1 and 2 as good throwback RPGs. 

• Like 3

Ys viii lacrimosa of dana, Disgaea 5, Tales of Berseria and Zestiria and Odin Sphere are a few that pop up into my head in terms of anime style/ cute RPGs. If you like KH style action battles, Tales, Odin Sphere and Lacrimosa are good options. 

Tokyo Xanadu, Digimon cyber sleuth, I am Setsuna and the Atelier series are maybe worth checking out for the more traditional RPG battles like World of FF. 

28 minutes ago, lunateena said:

(and yes I actually like that their mouths don't move. It makes sense to me since the native language was probably Japanese and having English dub would make them out of sync...so no moving mouths, makes complete sense to me).

Have you ever actually played a Japanese game or watched an anime before? 

The mouths don't synch with anything they literally just flap up and down that's the level of effort I was asking for. 

Also how does the fact it's in a different language make more sense to you, what? 

28 minutes ago, lunateena said:

Edited by Tusked-Lattice
Copied my comment twice for some reason actually have no clue how to add or remove a quote.

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I highly recommend Dragon Fantasy Book volume 1 and 2 as good throwback RPGs. 

Highly recommended!! I second this! 

I'm still waiting for book 3 ><

I know they said they were taking a break. But I think they sold really well so I expect a 3rd eventually.