The Struggle

Hideoki_AU

Hang in there.  It's definitely possible but it just takes time.  One of the most important things is not to burn yourself out.  I am around 220 hours in and I still need 4 small and 8 large crows.  Luckily in 2 weeks we will have an event in the Rotten Vale with increased drop rates.  In the meantime I'll probably be running investigations in the Elder's Crossing to see how many I can get there.  Don't forget to run the investigations that have silver and gold rewards, no more than 5 attempts, and ones with 2 or 1 faints seem to have higher chances at small or large monsters.  Running those types of investigations will drastically cut down on your play time.

Edited by SirShavesALot
  • Like 2

A friend of mine posted this today.

He has the Plat with 250h

-8 Trys = ignore

-5 Trys just with silver reward = Ignore
-5 Trys at least one gold = maybe, but you can ignore that
-3 Trys = Yup
-3 Trys 15min = BAM
-Tempered = maybe, but you can ignore that
-Tempered 15min = BAM
-Tempered Elder = Yup
-Tempered Elder 15min = BAM

he says, most of the time with 3 Trys and 15min he got a least One crown. but in the end its RNG

and if your monster isnt a target in the investigation but is in the same area, just kill this monster it will count.

Events shortens time needed to platinum this game by a huge margin. So keep track of those events. Personally I didn't plan to plat this game but after three events in a row I decided to give it a try.
I would suggest to read tips HERE. Try to look for events similar to those listed in that sheet made by the redditor as there's a chance that you might earn some crowns.

If you've got no idea how average size of a monster looks you can look it up on youtube as there are a lot of gold crown hunting videos.

Edited by Orgez_CZ

I enjoyed the 140 hours I've put into the game but I'm done with it outside of events with guaranteed/high chance crowns. I like to feel like I'm making progress towards some goal at all times when I'm playing a game and relying on the RNG makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.