bjelda

Detroit:BH - Extreme emotions

13 posts in this topic

I recommend Farenheit, it's the funniest thing I ever played. 

The definition of a train wreck.  

It's actually the first time I played a game that was so bad it became good again nothing else since or before has managed to live up to that. 

Suffice to say I'll be first in line to get his new game. 

I remember playing Fahrenheit and enjoying it to a certain degree until I ran into giant fleas. Just turned of the console and never played the game ever again.

Is that video meant as a joke?

EDIT: Wow - that video is not a joke, huh? I don't know what's more sad - that the girl felt the need to record her "triggering" for everyone to see, or that the youtube boobs have so many comments of "support". 

Anyway, I'll probably get this one. I skipped Beyond: Two Souls, but I played Heavy Rain (a few times, actually), and enjoyed it somewhat. This will be good at discount.

Edited by starcrunch061

I'm at work so I didn't want to watch much more than to where the girl started hyperventilating. 😒  Did it turn into some sort of tirade about Quantic Dream including that kind of subject matter in the game?  Because I think people need to at least attempt to have thicker skin than that.  Much worse things going on in the world than a game portraying domestic abuse.

Either way, this one will probably be a pre-order for me.  I'll bail on my resolution to not buy any new releases in 2018 by then. xD  Loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

Dunno how it's aged... but Fahrenheit was pretty awesome back in the day... until the last 1/3 of the game, where it went completely off the rails.  Not in a good way.

Edited by Dreakon13

34 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm at work so I didn't want to watch much more than to where the girl started hyperventilating. 1f612.png  Did it turn into some sort of tirade about Quantic Dream including that kind of subject matter in the game?  Because I think people need to at least attempt to have thicker skin than that.  Much worse things going on in the world than a game portraying domestic abuse.

Either way, this one will probably be a pre-order for me.  I'll bail on my resolution to not buy any new releases in 2018 by then. xD  Loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

Dunno how it's aged... but Fahrenheit was pretty awesome back in the day... until the last 1/3 of the game, where it went completely off the rails.  Not in a good way.

She was abused by her father in the past so she gets kinda sensitive watching that trailer.It does not look like she has any problem with the game😄

Edited by bjelda

4 minutes ago, bjelda said:

She was abused by her father in the past so she gets kinda sensitive watching that trailer.It does not look like she has any problem with the game1f604.png

Oh, well perfectly understandable then.

I really recommend Fahrenheit.

It was one of those unique storytelling experiences.

As for Detroit: Become Human... HELL YEAH, I'm so hyped!

It's been ages since such a game came out and I can't wait to play it, platinum it and y'know... lose myself in it's universe. :D^_^

Somebody who watched the trailer knew it would trigger something in this girl. They obviously knew her history with abuse. One would assume they were fairly close to this girl to know that. That's a fucked up friend to inflict emotional trauma and memories on somebody for some stupid ass YouTube video. You don't see people having 95 year old WWII vets playing a Normandy scene from CoD, do you? 

The person who set this up is a goddamned monster.

Edited by Phil

On 19-3-2018 at 8:15 PM, Phil said:

Somebody who watched the trailer knew it would trigger something in this girl. They obviously knew her history with abuse. One would assume they were fairly close to this girl to know that. That's a fucked up friend to inflict emotional trauma and memories on somebody for some stupid ass YouTube video. You don't see people having 95 year old WWII vets playing a Normandy scene from CoD, do you? 

The person who set this up is a goddamned monster.

The fuq you talking about man...

Before she starts the actual 'reaction', she explains shit on what happened to her and she already knew the trailer was going to be heavy for her. She was already aware of what might happen and she might be triggered.

There was no "setting up". She heard about the trailer, she already figured it might trigger things and would be heavy to watch. She made her own descision to watch it with an intro on what happened to her.

She also mentioned she's actually glad this is being done in a game to raise awareness for the subject. Hoping this will reach out to people who (have) experience(d) situations like these. She's even gonne play the game herself.

Either you haven't watched the video at all... or you simply didn't pay any attention to her introduction.

Edited by Trellgoth

This is honestly not a testament to the quality of the game. Just a person who experienced PTSD due to witnessing a fictional event that triggered traumatic memories of her own. It could've been a coloring book, a TV ad, a story someone else told her, or just random reminiscence while entering her childhood home.

Tragic, yet not really related to the game, honestly.

I don't realize what the drama is about feeling emotions in this kind of games, for some people we should be playing all super meat boy and breaking controllers in our room.
The quantic dream interactive games are the only ones that make me sad, there is a special touch of david cage who knows perfectly what he does. for example beyond two souls in the part where the jodie visits his mother and she was very sad because she cannot do anything, it's as if her mother had died. I unfortunately have already been through this situation.
In detroit there is this part where the child suffers with physical aggressions, this unfortunately happens in many sides is just the reality. she just expressed her feeling for something that has already happened to her