Giveaway Discussion [CLOSED]

Zolkovo

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Entry opens on 21st March so this post won't count as an entry yet :hmm:? Guess I'll be back in this thread in two days then :P. Anyways, cool that you're doing this and I like the unique entry requirements :lol:.

Yep! I just needed a day to fine-tune things I may have missed out like the hidden games @kuuhaku pointed out. And it's not nice to change requirements once a giveaway is already in progress so this feels more ethical lol.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Katt said:

Wow, this giveaway sucks.

No one can enter.

First of all, a giveaway never sucks because it's very generous that the person is giving something away to the community.

Second of all, there's plenty of people who can enter. Just people who wasted money on the games mentioned in the OP to get easy trophies can't :awesome:.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katt said:

Wow, this giveaway sucks.

No one can enter.

I specified in the last 12 months because I realise that some people might consider them mistakes and might have some of those games from a long time ago that they regret now and can't do anything about. I think the last 12 months is a fair reflection of a gaming profile.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

I specified in the last 12 months because I realise that people make mistakes and someone might have some of those games from a long time ago that they regret now and can't do anything about. I think the last 12 months is a fair reflection of a gaming profile.

I'm guessing they meant because of the thread being locked.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

First of all, a giveaway never sucks because it's very generous that the person is giving something away to the community.

Second of all, there's plenty of people who can enter. Just people who wasted money on the games mentioned in the OP to get easy trophies can't :awesome:.

Someone would be free to also make their own giveaway exclusive to the people who buy games simply to get an incredibly quick platinum. But it's not like this is a massive amount of money to bitch over, £10 can hardly buy you a meal at a restaurant these days. 

3 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

I specified in the last 12 months because I realise that people make mistakes and someone might have some of those games from a long time ago that they regret now and can't do anything about. I think the last 12 months is a fair reflection of a gaming profile.

Why didn't you listed all VN plats in under 2-3 hours or multiple VN plats? (ya, that would put 80% of the trophy hunters out of this :lol:).

Still it's interesting to see a give away focused on rewarding those who put some consistent effort into their trophies! 

I will try to remember to get back to this after the 21st, since currently I'm allowed to enter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Just people who wasted money on the games mentioned in the OP to get easy trophies can't :awesome:.

I won a few on giveaways, thank you.

4 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Exclude people because they have a certain game on their profiles it's stupid. The time doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I can :awesome:

Good for you.

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Why didn't you listed all VN plats in under 2-3 hours or multiple VN plats? (ya, that would put 80% of the trophy hunters out of this :lol:).

The list isn't exhaustive yet until the 21st. I wanted to hear some feedback and add/remove stuff as well as make changes if needed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

I won a few on giveaways, thank you.

Yeah and you can't participate in this one, too bad. Why be bitchy about it when someone wants to give something away but gives it a twist with some rules? He probably just wants to make sure the people who win won't use it to buy games like the ones mentioned in the OP.

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Someone would be free to also make their own giveaway exclusive to the people who buy games simply to get an incredibly quick platinum. But it's not like this is a massive amount of money to bitch over, £10 can hardly buy you a meal at a restaurant these days. 

Of course they would, but that's also why I'm not the one complaining :P.

Edited by Lucas

Thanks for doing this.

Didn't expect to see some of those hate posts. No one's forcing anyone to join and people are free to create their own rules.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I hope you're not serious. If you are, good thing you can't win this giveaway ;).

@Zolkovo I hope you don't let these dumb comments get to you, it's awesome that you're doing this for the community :highfive:!

I second this.

• Like 3

while i find this whole post stupid, its great fun reading it. also op if you want more ezpz to get rid of, just look at my profile. 418480660429275146.png

Edited by Mako
how do i psnp? i don't know.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah and you can't participate in this one, too bad.

Don't worry, I won a giveaway a couple weeks ago and I used the code for a super amazing game and the best thing was no one went to my profile to check how I like to play. I don't need to participate on this one. But that will not stop me from expressing my disapproval. "B-but he is being generous", well, that's BS. A real giveaway without competitions should be equal for everyone with only restrictions for new accounts. But I agree, he can do a giveaway the way he want, and this way sucks.

Just now, Lucas said:

I hope you're not serious. If you are, good thing you can't win this giveaway ;).

@Zolkovo I hope you don't let these dumb comments get to you, it's awesome that you're doing this for the community :highfive:!

Why wouldn't I be serious?  How is it a good thing for the community when the OP has his own bullshit elitist set of rules for who can enter?  I mean, I don't care that I can't because $10 is nothing to me but why should anyone be forced to sit out because of games they chose to play?

For example:  another member on this site had a giveaway and the more trophies earned on a single day, the more rewards were given.  I played a ton of bad games to give more people a chance at winning but I guess I'm to much of a scrub for OP and his/her $10.  

This is not a good thing and I don't care for anyone who thinks it is.

But yeah, it's OP's rules so whatever.

• Like 1