Giveaway Discussion [CLOSED]

Zolkovo

@Lucas Not at all, some negativity was to be expected but it could have at least been constructive feedback. Anyhow, they did make one good point so I'm raising the giveaway to £20/$20/€20 for two winners each, with a third giveaway of equal value if the same person gets drawn twice.

Just now, Arctic Cress said:

Terminator: Salvation seems a bit out of place from the other games on the list.

Have fun with the giveaway, I can't join because I popped a few mayos in the past few months.

Yeah I'm going to remove that one.

• Like 1

If you're salty because of this thread then you don't need the money because you clearly have got enough to spare on crap games you wouldn't otherwise buy! LOL

Besides, can't the OP want to giveaway just to people with the same interests as him?

@I-SilentEcho-I why did you have to compare this with racism/sexism!?

Come enter my giveaway guys, requirements are very fair imo. You need to be:

black

female

covered in fur

have a tail

If you don't meet these requirements then you're not good enough to enter, you can't hate me though because I'm giving something away for free.

GG.

Edited by Raitandrul
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

Don't worry, I won a giveaway a couple weeks ago and I used the code for a super amazing game and the best thing was no one went to my profile to check how I like to play. I don't need to participate on this one. But that will not stop me from expressing my disapproval. "B-but he is being generous", well, that's BS. A real giveaway without competitions should be equal for everyone with only restrictions for new accounts. But I agree, he can do a giveaway the way he want, and this way sucks.

Like I said, good for you. If you want to use the winnings for a game with an easy platinum, go ahead. Maybe this OP just doesn't want someone to win money only to spend it on some quick platinum trophies, maybe there's another reasoning, I don't know. And yes, he is being generous. He would even be generous if he excluded everyone but 5 members on this entire site. It's his giveaway, his rules. You're just being salty that you can't enter this giveaway and that's pretty sad to be completely honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raitandrul said:

If you're salty because of this thread then you don't need the money because you clearly have got enough to spare on crap games you wouldn't otherwise buy! LOL

How does that logic work for people who don't like this, yet do qualify for the competition? 50 post count aside, I'm eligible and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

35 minutes ago, Lucas said:

First of all, a giveaway never sucks because it's very generous that the person is giving something away to the community.

Second of all, there's plenty of people who can enter. Just people who wasted money on the games mentioned in the OP to get easy trophies can't :awesome:.

That’s not true... I made Sound Shapes platinum a long time ago and I don’t buy easy games for platinum. I enjoyed the game a lot (and I don’t think it’s an “Easy” Platinum like everybody’s saying). If you pay for a game and it offers you a feature to cross save and unlock trophies, why wouldn’t you use it? It’s not the same buying it a second time in other region to get another 2 autopoped platinum.

so yeah, considering a lot of people had already autopoped a trophie once in the past, this filters a lot...

1 minute ago, TurtlePM said:

That’s not true... I made Sound Shapes platinum a long time ago and I don’t buy easy games for platinum. I enjoyed the game a lot (and I don’t think it’s an “Easy” Platinum like everybody’s saying). If you pay for a game and it offers you a feature to cross save and unlock trophies, why wouldn’t you use it? It’s not the same buying it a second time in other region to get another 2 autopoped platinum.

I know Sound Shapes isn't an easy platinum, I had a very hard time myself too :P. Also, I didn't use the autopop feature to automatically unlock trophies because I personally don't want that on my profile because I did in fact only complete it one time. If you do want it autopopped on your profile, that's fine. It's just that the OP doesn't encourage it and maybe doesn't people who did that in the past 12 months to enter the giveaway. So what?

3 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

so yeah, considering a lot of people had already autopoped a trophie once in the past, this filters a lot...

Not necessarily. For example, you are allowed to enter as far as it concerns Sound Shapes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

In the last 12 months. You actually can enter if it's just the Sound Shapes you're worried about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Like I said, good for you. If you want to use the winnings for a game with an easy platinum, go ahead. Maybe this OP just doesn't want someone to win money only to spend it on some quick platinum trophies, maybe there's another reasoning, I don't know. And yes, he is being generous. He would even be generous if he excluded everyone but 5 members on this entire site. It's his giveaway, his rules. You're just being salty that you can't enter this giveaway and that's pretty sad to be completely honest.

So what he expects someone to buy a AAA game with 10$? ? Even if he doesn't allot of good games have quick easy platinum trophies. So he should be excluding those games as well. Since excluding a small number of easy games is complete bs. 

1 minute ago, Xionx said:

I dont really agree with the rules because having these games on your profle doesnt mean anything. I have a lot of plats the OP has , but i also have 3 of the "easy games" . Because i dont limit my self , i just have fun .

I do believe that most people with a few of these games on their profile purely bought it for trophies though. It's awesome to hear how you don't care about the difficulty of the platinum to decide what to play though. I definitely agree that not everyone with games like mentioned in the OP purely bought them for trophies but there are definitely people out there who did. As for myself, I try to do it the same way as you decribe. Fun is the number one priority :D.

3 minutes ago, demonoid321 said:

So what he expects someone to buy a AAA game with 10$? 1f602.png Even if he doesn't allot of good games have quick easy platinum trophies. So he should be excluding those games as well. Since excluding a small number of easy games is complete bs. 

Maybe, more than possible when it's on sale ;). Again, I don't know, I'm not the OP but I think he's getting way too much shit for this (from people who are just salty that they can't enter, I assume).

@Sergen Well said, that's exactly how I feel too.

• Like 1

Just now, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Why would I want to enter this elitist crap? That's my point. You can't be salty about not being able to enter if you're able to enter but have no desire to support this. @Dragon-Archon

It's funny how fast people will call things like "elitist" or "trophy whores" these days :facepalm: . I get that you don't agree with it, that's fine. I've played some of the games mentioned in the first post. But at least the OP is trying to give back to the community, which is more than most members do.

• Like 2

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

It's funny how fast people will call things like "elitist" or "trophy whores" these days :facepalm: . I get that you don't agree with it, that's fine. I've played some of the games mentioned in the first post. But at least the OP is trying to give back to the community, which is more than most members do.

Shouldnt give him free reign to do whatever he likes, like exclude others he doesn't personally approve of because he sees them as beneath him because they played games he doesn't like.

@Raitandrul if you can't see I was clearly talking about you needing to be a black female cat to enter then you need to learn how to absorb all the information on a screen at once.

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Remember people, it's his money and he can choose how to spend it, it's not like he needed to make a giveaway at all, he isn't benefiting himself at all with the giveaway and is doing it to reward members of this website who have refrained from the simple temptation to unlock as many incredibly easy and boring games. 

If you don't like it, make your own spin-off giveaway that rewards people for playing garbage games that anyone can do. I say to people not to judge people's personality based on what kind of games they do on PSN but the way the people who intentionally purchase games for easy plats are acting on this thread kind of makes me think otherwise. 

The funny thing is that he asked me for ways to word his thread to attempt to offend as few people as he could, but I remembered we're on PSNProfiles where you can offend anyone with anything you say. Either way don't feel bad @Zolkovo, you did your best and at the end of the day you can choose how you wish to spend your money. It was your choice to play My Name is Mayo and the other crap and it's his choice what he does with the giveaway money. 

Exactly this, but I'd like to add onto this: I think judging people on how many "easy" games they play for their platinums is a bad habit, and instead, people should be praised and congratulated for their more rare and challenging platinums! There are significantly more people with a lot of platinums who collect trophies from easier games than people with a lot of platinums who collect trophies from much harder games.

What I'm trying to say is, don't discourage anyone or downplay anyone else's collections just because they're "easy" trophies, but instead show encouragement to those same people to keep building their trophy cabinet regardless of how easy said trophies may be, and especially encourage those who have some of the hardest platinums on the website under their belt. Keep it friendly and fair, but give credit where credit is due.

• Like 3

People seem to think the reqs are set in stone but just to be clear I'm open to constructive feedback which is why entry doesn't open until the 21st. I've already made a few changes based on some comments and opened up the prize to JP currency as well.

My intention wasn't to offend anyone, so I'm sorry if I have. As I tried to explain in the OP I wanted to do something different where this giveaway appealed to people who cherish the precious little time/money they have with their games, but that doesn't mean all future giveaways will be the same.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1