Giveaway Discussion [CLOSED]

Zolkovo

1 minute ago, Zolkovo said:

People seem to think the reqs are set in stone but just to be clear I'm open to constructive feedback which is why entry doesn't open until the 21st. I've already made a few changes based on some comments and opened up the prize to JP currency as well.

My intention wasn't to offend anyone, so I'm sorry if I have. As I tried to explain in the OP I wanted to do something different where this giveaway appealed to a certain type of gamer, but that doesn't mean all future giveaways will be the same.

You've done nothing wrong, it's obvious your intent wasn't to hurt anyone's feelings. I think this giveaway is perfectly fine and you should be able to curate it however you see fit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Shouldnt give him free reign to do whatever he likes, like exclude others he doesn't personally approve of because he sees them as beneath him because they played games he doesn't like.

Did you ask why Zolkovo added those rules or are you just jumping to conclusions? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Shouldnt give him free reign to do whatever he likes, like exclude others he doesn't personally approve of because he sees them as beneath him because they played games he doesn't like.

Oh actually, it should. It's not like he's collecting money from different people and then decides his own rules and excludes people from participating even though the paid entrance money. He is giving his money away so he can do that however he likes, in the way he wants his money to be given away.

1 minute ago, Smzthy- said:

Only on PSNProfiles can you find people complaining about a giveaway...

Can't say I'm surprised considering how cancerous most of the people on this site can be.

Is this site really all that cancerous? I mean, it's been pretty wonderful in my experience. People have different opinions and reactions to specific situations but overall it's been quite a friendly and welcoming community. I just think this giveaway was received the polar opposite of how OP intended to some people, is all.

Edited by ManaFear
  • Like 4

I'm not going to sit here and judge people what they play or anything. I couldn't care less, people play whatever they want to make them happy. Simple as that.

I do honestly think though people are taking this waaaaay over the top though. What people need to grasp is that it's @Zolkovo's money, his hard earned money to do with whatever he wants to do with it. 

Sure the requirements are a little different and people may think it's a little elitest but that's hardly a bad thing. It just means he believes people deserve it who put more effort into their accounts. Again, it's his money he can do whatever he wants with it.

EDIT: I do sympathise with the people who aren't happy with the requirements. I wouldn't of personally added in any myself so everyone has an equal chance but it's just one of them things.

Whoever feels offended, lighten up a little there will be other giveaways to participate in I'm sure.

Good luck to those who meet the requirements! :) 

Edited by XIRCHRAD-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smzthy- said:

Only on PSNProfiles can you find people complaining about a giveaway...

Can't say I'm surprised considering how cancerous most of the people on this site can be.

It's the extreme "political correctness" present on this website.

Edited by Raitandrul
  • Like 2

@Dragon-Archon considering some of the comments here are of people who are elitists themselves, I don't think it was exactly a big leap to that conclusion. 

@Lucas so where would you draw the line? Would he be allowed to do the same if he excluded people for something more serious? Or would it be okay because it's "his" money and "his" giveaway?

@Raitandrulit's not about being PC, it's about not being allowed to throw your money around and use it to exclude people just because you dont like what they play. You don't see that as petty? "Oh, he/she enjoys Goat Simulator, they're not a real trophy hunter in my eyes, excluded."

This is going to be my last post in here because it's quite clear he's pandering to a specific crowd that I don't want to be a part of and I'm not able to get through to.

Quite honestly I'm disappointed in some of the people here, I thought this site was better than this.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I

Dammit. I recently got my Vita back after over a year of not having it and I decided to wrap up that version of My Name is Mayo just cause I had already spent the .99 on PS4, close to a year ago. It would be cool if you set a Ultra Rare trophy amount that could offset a couple of the easier Plats.

Edited by skateak

Just now, I-SilentEcho-I said:

@Dragon-Archon considering some of the comments here are of people who are elitists themselves, I don't think it was exactly a big leap to that conclusion. 

I'm curious what posts you thought were elitist in this thread specifically. Pretty sure you're overreacting... a lot.

1 minute ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

@Lucas so where would you draw the line? Would he be allowed to do the same if he excluded people for something more serious? Or would it be okay because it's "his" money and "his" giveaway?

There's no need to draw a line. Of course, it'd be very inappropriate if it were to be for something racists, sexist or whatever (if that's what you're implying). But the first post and the OP's intentions are nothing like that and far from it.

3 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

it's about not being allowed to throw your money around and use it to exclude people just because you dont like what they play. You don't see that as petty? "Oh, he/she enjoys Goat Simulator, they're not a real trophy hunter in my eyes, excluded."

He didn't mention things like ''he/she isn't a real trophy hunter'' at all. Maybe you should read the thread again before making all these kinds of assumptions.

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You're just being salty that you can't enter this giveaway and that's pretty sad to be completely honest.

No, dude, please understand, I have money, if I won a giveaway that's great. But I lost a good amount of giveaways all these years and I remain silent or even congratulate the winners just to be a good loser. The conditions here, those are the problem, I'm not salty, I'm not mad, so please, stop trying to convince yourself you're a good person just because you are supporting this mess. Finally, no, he is not being generous, he is being arbitrary.

Good day.

• Like 1

Just now, Katt said:

No, dude, please understand, I have money, if I won a giveaway that's great. But I lost a good amount of giveaways all these years and I remain silent or even congratulate the winners just to be a good loser. The conditions here, those are the problem, I'm not salty, I'm not mad, so please, stop trying to convince yourself you're a good person just because you are supporting this mess. Finally, no, he is not being generous, he is being arbitrary.

Good day.

I don't care whether you have money or not or whether you're a good loser or not. The condititions are not a problem. Maybe you're not salty but being mad about this is just as dumb. I'm not trying to convince myself that I'm a good person (where did you get that assumption from?) but I'm trying to convince you amongst others that there's no reason whatsoever to give the OP shit for this. Also, being arbitrary doesn't necessarily mean you're not generous ;).

Good day to you too.

First of all I want to start off by saying that I mean no disrespect towards @Zolkovo, and that I do believe some of the people here are going a little too over the top. 

However, I have to agree with some of those people. 

Personally, I have three of the games on that list platted on my profile. Out of those three, only one (being My Name is Mayo) I did solely for the trophies. The other two games are Mr Massagy and The Little Acre. I found Mr Massagy pretty funny and enjoyable, and it was actually a game unlike My Name is Mayo, but even then I could see how it could be interpreted as doing it only for the trophies. 

My main issue is that you included The Little Acre on the list, and not the hundreds of other easy point and click games on PSN. The Little Acre actually has a story, gameplay, enjoyable characters and nice looking graphics. The fact that you've included that and not Alteric, Spiral Splatter, Save the Ninja Clan, Coffin Dodgers, any of the Arcade Game Series games, hundreds of Japanese VNs, etc, etc, etc, shows why the system you've set in place doesn't work. If you're gonna exclude one, you should exclude them all and with the amount of "trophy trash" that's on PSN that isn't possible and is pretty unfair to the people who have played the games on your list, when like me the other 99% is games they thoroughly enjoyed. 

Once again, no disrespect and I think it's generous of you to do a giveaway @Zolkovo. Good luck to all who willing and able to participate. 

Edited by Kent10201

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

My main issue is that you included The Little Acre on the list, and not the hundreds of other easy point and click games on PSN. The Little Acre actually has a story, gameplay, enjoyable characters and nice looking graphics. The fact that you've included that and not Alteric, Spiral Splatter, Save the Ninja Clan, hundreds of Japanese VNs, etc, etc, etc, shows why the system you've set in place doesn't work. If you're gonna exclude one, you should exclude them all and with the amount of "trophy trash" that's on PSN that isn't possible and is pretty unfair to the people who have played the games on your list, when like me the other 99% is games they thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks for that, I'll take it off the list. Like I've said multiple times in this thread, I'm open to constructive feedback :) Also the list is a W.I.P. which is why entries haven't started yet.

Would enter but I don't have enough posts. FeelsBadMan

Basically the OP is saying if you played any of those absolute trash games just for trophies, he thinks less of you as a human being and thus isn't entering you into the giveaway.

Can't say I blame him, you all need to have some more pride and excellence in your gaming. #SuperiorGamers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zolkovo said:

Thanks for that, I'll take it off the list. Like I've said multiple times in this thread, I'm open to constructive feedback :) Also the list is a W.I.P. which is why entries haven't started yet.

Just gained a lot more respect for you than I had after first reading. I appreciate your ability to take feedback, not many people can do that. :) If only it was May 19th and not March 19th, I would been able to participate. :shakefist:

1 minute ago, Katt said:

Good day.

Wouldn't this be the complete opposite of arbitrary? It's obvious that @Zolkovo is rewarding people for not having any of those cheap and easy trophies on their profile, which is perfectly fine in my opinion. It's not like this is completely nonsensical and random. I understand that this entire thing is easily viewed as if it was created with an elitist viewpoint, but I think you're focusing on that a bit too much, especially considering I'm positive that's not what OP intended. I'm supporting it because it is a nice thing to do, as he is applying to a huge crowd of people, even if it might not be as huge as it would be with those easier trophies included.

I will agree that the conditions can be seen as problematic, this thread sorta doubled as a way for people to lash out against who and what they see as "elitist". However, it's really none of our business as people who cannot participate. It's a shame that we can't, but it's not the end or the world, nor should that be enough of a reason to trash the giveaway, or anyone else. Like someone else mentioned before, someone could easily make a giveaway with the opposite guidelines where only people with platinums like Mayo could join, and this same exact situation would exist and these same arguments would be made. 

This giveaway is nothing more than a way to giveback, and that's it. No specific amount of generosity or special requirements need to be had to understand that this is, in fact, a kind thing to do. That's all I need to know in order to support it.