Giveaway Discussion [CLOSED]

Zolkovo

@Zolkovo  I like the idea behind the thread ,pretty interesting rules haha.I understand what you're trying to do by rewarding people who play ,not necessarily hard games only, but games that are fun and also require some effort to plat.I'm all for that,although if the requirements to join were to have the average rarity of your trophies under maybe 35% or 30% would do exactly what you're trying originally without as many people feeling upset about it and probably have less people hate posting?.Anyway it's your competition do with it as you will.Goodluck to the participants ?

EDIT-My point is the rules appear at first glance to punish* people who play easy games rather than reward gamers who play games that require dedication.

Edited by ApriIis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Smzthy- said:

Only on PSNProfiles can you find people complaining about a giveaway...

Can't say I'm surprised considering how cancerous most of the people on this site can be.

Actually, it's far worse on Steamgifts and the reasons why people might exclude others from giveaways on there can be incredibly stupid to boot.   Because they have black and white listing, it's possible to exclude members from a giveaway for any reason you feel like.

Personally, I think it kinda sucks that I'm excluded because My Name is Mayo is among my recent plats and the fact that the majority of my plats are rather long JRPGs means nothing compared to one game.   But hey, it's the OP's rules and this site allows it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I wanna enter even though I can't use any of your currencies. So that would be insta-charity if I win (big IF...) is that ok?

Also I'm here for the drama.

Yeah people can do that if they like, and I'll still double it :)

• Like 1

I think he could be a lot stricter on the requirements and just say no plats over 50% or no VNs. Heh, though his point is to reward people who don't just play games for trophies. How is this really any different from not being in a competition for not having enough UR plats or trophies on this site? Isn't that more elitist than this? Is it the fact that you don't get a 1% chance at free money?

It's his giveaway. He can do whatever he wants as long as it abides with the rules of the site. If he said no VNs, I'd be like "Oh well, I'm SOL" instead of "How dare you!" Jeez.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LordNEET said:

Guarantee OP is a Trump supporter with that mindset.

If you've read some of my other posts, you'll know I'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from Trump. Anyway, at the end of the day I'm glad that the giveaway will end up going to someone who's grateful for this sort of thing as opposed to those who feel entitled to it for x, y, z.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

Well I can't be in this since I have like 4 games on the list. Should remove 36 fragments since that is a fun plat former in my opinion. I have no issues with someone making rules like this but I do have issues you calling the games a mistake. That's a dumb attitude to have. Anyways good luck to the people who enter and thanks for the giveaway.

Just now, Martain2 said:

Probably already been asked but why no entering for another 2 days @Zolkovo? Not moaning just curious. 

Just in case I've wrongly listed some games on there, I've already removed a few titles since people made fair points about them and made some other changes. I didn't want to change anything once the giveaway actually begins since that seems unfair.

I really like the idea behind this giveaway (and I'm not saying this just because I can enter) it targets a group of dedicated trophy hunters that want to have a nice looking trophy list. Gimmick giveaways could be a fun thing in the future if people are a little bit more open-minded and respectful. It's free so why would anyone complain ? They may not be able to enter this specific giveaway but that doesn't mean that they won't be able to enter your next giveaway which might have some rules that would make people who entered this giveaway unable to enter the next one for example. :)

I hope you won't change the rules too much, the core concept is fine even though some games are interesting despite their easy plat(s) (Sound Shape for example, really good game.)

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Just in case I've wrongly listed some games on there, I've already removed a few titles since people made fair points about them and made some other changes. I didn't want to change anything once the giveaway actually begins since that seems unfair.

Ah fair enough and that seems to make sense, hopefully nothing else changes and I'm excluded from entering though I do think I'll be OK as I only play games I'm interested in regardless of difficulty. 

Thank you for doing this, I and others appreciate it.