SuperSaiyan3985

Is This Game Worth It?

9 posts in this topic

I've been contemplating whether or not I should be getting this game. The Platinum is higher than average in terms of time-to-complete, so now it comes down to the quality of the game. That's why I'm posting here to ask for people that have bought and played the game; how does this compare to other NFS games? Better, worse, or average? I'm fairly new to the NFS franchise, as I've only played MW 2012, 2015, and Rivals. TBH, all three of which were kind of bland and stale to me, so I'm hoping this one is different. With that being said, would you recommend Payback?

11 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Not a single reply? Really?

I came to read some opinions and find none lol 

I enjoyed my time with it, the collectibles are a bit grindy, but not all that challenging (the video guides available are useful to work through them).

Story is garbage. The fact that you have to replay the same races many times to get better cards to upgrade each car you buy to progress further in the story sucks. The way the activities and collectibles are just scattered around the map makes it hard to distinguish them. The car customization is good but some parts are locked behind activities. I’d say it’s pretty average but there’s a bit of fun to be had. 

2 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Story is garbage. The fact that you have to replay the same races many times to get better cards to upgrade each car you buy to progress further in the story sucks. The way the activities and collectibles are just scattered around the map makes it hard to distinguish them. The car customization is good but some parts are locked behind activities. I’d say it’s pretty average but there’s a bit of fun to be had. 

Looks like I'm not getting it then.

Yeah I was very disappointed and I’m usually easy to please when it comes to games but this one just felt meh. 

Open is world is fashionable, races are fun and collectibles are grindy. If you're good with racing games, it is probably worth.

I got it recently and I'm already distracted by other games and I haven't even finished the garbage story yet.

And with over 95% completion I normally don't skip games this fast.