what is this?

WaddysWDS

5 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

I believe it's a VR "expansion" that probably will be sold separately.

"‘ARK Park’ to Launch March 22nd on PSVR, Vive & Rift."

It's not really an expansion, it's a standalone VR game that has been developed by Snail Games.

I understand though that if you have Ark: Survival Evolved, you can transfer your dinos to Ark Park and see them in glorious VR.

Edited to add, it's unlikely to be free :P

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

I hope from the bottom of my heart that it is free. but opening his eyes, seeing the reality, being branded "Ark" and considering doubling the price of your PS4 game after seeing succeeding .... I doubt it.

—————————

Thanks guys!

Edited by WaddysWDS

On 20/03/2018 at 8:49 AM, WaddysWDS said:

I hope from the bottom of my heart that it is free. but opening his eyes, seeing the reality, being branded "Ark" and considering doubling the price of your PS4 game after seeing succeeding .... I doubt it.

—————————

Thanks guys!

Definitely not free - I'm a reviewer but haven't got this yet, but I've heard it's not free

This is from Steam:

North America: 39.99 usd for Standard Edition, 47.99 usd for Deluxe Edition

so maybe a little different on PSVR

Edited by turniplord

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It's finally showing as $49.99 on the NA Store.  Kind of expensive IMO

Yeah, it’s overpriced by loss. It’s an inferior product to the PC version and it’s mlre expensive. We gave it a 3.5/10 and that’s being generous looking at other reviews

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Yeah, it’s overpriced by loss. It’s an inferior product to the PC version and it’s mlre expensive. We gave it a 3.5/10 and that’s being generous looking at other reviews

Suppose they have to pay for the Switch port of Ark Survival Evolved somehow :P

Did it have any redeeming qualities at least?

On 23/03/2018 at 0:35 AM, Mesopithecus said:

Suppose they have to pay for the Switch port of Ark Survival Evolved somehow :P

Did it have any redeeming qualities at least?

Erm, not really. 

It has a few decent monents. When you first enter the holographic museum and see the lifesized dinos, that’s fun. And the exploration parts which are like Pokemon snap are good. But the game is short and empty. Worth about £15 at most. 

The multiplayer mode is ‘coming Soon’ and there is hints at a scorched earth dlc coming and the ability to like ARK to it - but as it stands, it’s less than an early access game disguised as a full release with the psvr version mechanically inferior to the PC in content and controls - not just quality. 

I have a full review - it’s very long. Just search “SquareXO ark park” and it will be there. :)

• Like 1